Page 3 of 77 FirstFirst 1234567891011121353 ... LastLast

Thread: Once Upon a Time in Shaolin/museum tour/1 copy of album

Wu-Tang ain't the Beatles ...

It's an interesting idea that is doomed to fail, nothing gained nothing lost

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

Its strictly a money play.....
    The gallery/museum angle is a way to collect fees from fans to listen to an album once and then walk away with nothing......then, they will sell to the highest bidder...who, can choose to keep it for themselves. And if a private investor does purchase and hold it privately, then all Wu fans are left with was possibly one listen in their life times for $50 bucks in a public gallery.

That's at least a plausible outcome right now.

Veteran Member

So the super duper crazy secret guest on the lead single "Stone Finger" is……… Cher?
    Ghostface on 50 Cent:
    "Yo, this ape needs to stop injecting himself with them stroiods. He's acting up, he better chill out before New York puts his ass on the bench."
    Ghostface on Eminem:
    "That pilgrim needs to back off. He ain't got no street cred, thats my word."

Veteran Member

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
    Once the album completes its excursion, Wu-Tang will make it available for purchase for a price “in the millions.”
    lol

Shaolin Student

so what will be the outlet to sell it? ebay? private auction? will the buyer own the masters? will they own the publishing rights? what are the DETAILS??

Veteran Member

this is a big disrespect to every wu fan

FUCK JEW TANG CLAN

Terry Cloth Rudolph Joint Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar

The fans lost again...

Could've charged $5-$10 and probably a lot of people would go check this out...but $30-50 to listen to an album once is ludicrous! Like with the Wuki set, only a handful of heads will pay that much to check this out.

Watch 29 people go listen to this and Ringz get butthurt over not supporting music...

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

Shaolin Student

i agree that this is an interesting idea. and it could possibly work for a few select artists. but what i don't understand is that you're pretty much just shopping the album to labels, but giving the general public the opportunity to purchase as well. not really much different from labels purchasing albums from artists for a set amount, except that I suppose it could be more lucrative if somebody actually buys it for a million bucks (as opposed to a few hundred thousand).

But what I don't like about this concept is that it could potentially lead music to be privatized for the few. But hip-hop was bred in the streets, for free, and it was live. But now you want to put it in museums, away from the masses, and then have a single individual purchase it? Just seems a tad performatively inconsistent with the ethos of hip-hop. Sounds like a straight business move. Seems greedy.

CiLiviringz can sell 4th disciple albums but he can't sell his own

What a way to end a legacy lol

8 Diagrams was garbage, ABT is late, and so far sounds garbage, and now this has banged the last nail in the coffin, it was a good run.

Veteran Member

Ahahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Origin™ View Post
    What a way to end a legacy lol
    Couldnt have put it better, not this mainly, but the whole Wu shit, all the trouble with 8 Diagrams, ABT been late, and Rae been a bitch (although he might be correct about the album - talk to the clan and come up with a solution instead of bitching to the media), its a pathetic end to the legacy, i wonder at times do Wu give a fuck about their fans.

Look at Cunninlynguists. They releases Strange Journey Vol. 3, which was an album basically created by the fans, CL asked who would the fans like to see on the album, so the fans all voted. And over at QN5, Kno, Tonedeff, Deacon & Natti are always on, talking to the fans and answering any questions. THATS how you treat fans, instead of giving out about the forum and the fan base, like the Wu did with this website. Its insulting, without us they would have had no careers.

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

As if I would let yall down... post 100... always.. keep the faith. And try to think further than a few minimalistic points.. delve into it a bit more fellas. And these aint no left over tracks or random unreleased joints.. these are actual songs recorded for this album.

Veteran Member

Desesperate move to become famous. Cilva looks like an attention whore. Worst shit with this concept is that wu members don't cosign this project and hate the guy.