Page 44 of 77 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748495051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: Once Upon a Time in Shaolin/museum tour/1 copy of album

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    If the concept is maintained and not compromised by a corporate approach, then I believe the album will never make its way to your iPod.
    wtf?

Cilvaringz, what are the odds that us the die-hard Wu-Tang fans, will be able to hear the album from the comfort of our own home, or our whips blasting this album?
    good question.

Sounds like that wont happen.

I can stop clicking this thread now I guess.
    We do it for the people.

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

Lol, you guys are something else. You guys wouldve complained the same way if we decided to shoot this record into space to travel the universe, or gave it for free to a superfan under the written condition that he could never release it or share it. Basically, you wouldve found some sort of complaint for any possible concept, with or without big money involved, if it didnt serve the purpose of fulfilling your personal needs.

You claim not to care about the record, but cant stop talking about how much it angers you. And then say well actually the fact you're trying to change music is what really bothers me... Uhhh wtf?

Seriously, soms of you are really hilarious. If you really dont care and it really dont give a fuck about it, be a man, say "fuck you ringz and your whole project, Im out".. and leave this thread. But I bey you cant, because deep down inside you're intrigued by it, you are taking it as an insult, you refuse to understand it and therefore you must rebel against it because all these years as a fan you were king, and for once your sense of entitlement to music has been disrupted, and now you dont know how to handle that. And its all perfectly understandable.

But whatever you say, there's nothing you can do or say to undermine the genuine concept of this approach. Sure you can convince others of you ignorance by convincing them it's punishment and an insult, but pardon me if I prefer the intelligent challenges to this concept by those playing devil's advocate for the sake of fruitful debate.

And from an insider's perspective, all the incredible and influential people within the industry have called this approach one of the most genius plans in music history. From David Bowie to Prince, Dre, LA Reid, Lyor, Iovine to Bob Lefsetz etc etc. Sorry if that actually makes me feel good. And sorry if it so happens to bring along the possibility of making a lot of money at the same time.

Platypi on the swarm!! RUSHING PLATYPUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    If the concept is maintained and not compromised by a corporate approach, then I believe the album will never make its way to your iPod. We can never fully stop a buyer from doing with it what he wants, but we can discourage commercialization by making it difficult and expensive to the point where it won't make much sense to do so.
    I've been with you all along Cilva. No longer. You hope I never get to own the music at all after telling me how much I was going to love it for 2 years? Fuck you sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Oztradamus View Post
    Can somebody post the snippet of the Inspectah Deck/Ghost joint? I would like to hear it
    it doesn't exist anymore. it sounded like a biblical epic, like something straight out of Ben-Hur.

by the way, Cilvaringz, when I asked if the fans would be able to see the album art cover, I didn't mean if it would go to the buyer (that's obvious), I meant will you actually post the cover on the Internet so people can see what it looks like, as well as the track titles/listing.

Platypi on the swarm!! RUSHING PLATYPUS's Avatar

If you really dont care and it really dont give a fuck about it, be a man, say "fuck you ringz and your whole project, Im out"..
    And why would we give a fuck if you've already made it clear you hope none of us ever get the music?

fuck you ringz and your whole project, Im out

Banned

I'am done with this Thread...I just wanted to share my Grievences with The Hypocrite Tang Clan. They Promised us an Album for the 20th Anniversary..Now that they could'nt deliver..and the Album is Limbo....they say..well..we WERE Recording an Awesome Secret Album for 6 Years...But you'll never hear it..unless you're Rich or wanna go to some Uppity Stuffy Museum. NA NAN NANA BOO BOO!! That's a Spit in the face to Fans...and the Streets..where HipHop lives..do i have to quote those Hypocritical Wu-Lyrics to prove that they said this Was Street Music to Wake up the Dumb Deaf and Blind?? Im just taking them at their word...They said they were Gods...Poor Rightous Teachers..ALLAH..5 percenters....they created that image for themselves..not me. I was just Foolish to Follow it. Who's the more foolish? The Fool or the Fool Who Follows Him? I feel decieved..just like Malcom X felt when he felt Decieved By Elijah Mohhammed. Now it's time for me to speak out against my former Poor Rightous Teachers..."David Bowie to Prince, Dre, LA Reid, Lyor, Iovine to Bob Lefsetz"....LMAO! Those dude's Sold Out Decades Ago....of course the 1 Percenters will be on Board With This Elitist Idea...They're the only ones who can afford it. Dr. Dre is a Zionist Controlled Puppet...with Jimmy Iovine pulling his strings. he has no creditbility in the streets....Lyor is a Sneaky..Devilish Zionist who uses his Artist as Slaves. David Bowie Sold out in the 80's..and Prince might as well be Metallica with the way he goes after Downloaders....It's about to be a War between the Have and the Have Not's. It just sucks i have to turn on the Guys who gave me Hope in the Troubled 90's. That Shaolin Vs. Wu-Tang sounds Even better..the Album Rae envisioned in the first place. All the Hardcore dudes from Stapleton and Park Hill Hate Those Sell-Outs Called Wu-Tang...Get them all on one album..give it back to streets...to bad Shyheim and Killa Sin is locked up.

And from an insider's perspective, all the incredible and influential people within the industry have called this approach one of the most genius plans in music history. From David Bowie to Prince, Dre, LA Reid, Lyor, Iovine to Bob Lefsetz etc etc. Sorry if that actually makes me feel good. And sorry if it so happens to bring along the possibility of making a lot of money at the same time.
    They say. ts a genius plan.....and it may very well be. But only such a genius plan could be derived by a person who deep down inside feels they won't make money off of their product. How come none of these people have thought of this idea you may ask? Because they don't need to....they make their money by selling their product to fans. They could do it before the internet age and they can still do it now during the internet age. I will always love hip hop and i appreciate the wu's discography....but the facts are the facts.....they are old and irrelevant now. It happens to most. Everyone has their streak......they had their run. What you should do ringz is try and work with new cats in the game......that are relevant. I visit this forum to hear new wu stuff to see if they still have it.....but im sorry.....i havent been impressed in a very long time. It sucks but it happens.....so i understand this move as a money move for yourself because you basically only work with wu-tang......because just like us.....you were just a fan.
    I'm the Greatest Scientifically Inclined Mind Since Einstein!!!!

To be honest. The only thing Cilvaringz is achieving as this thread goes on, is managing to alienate Wu tang fans.

I think if Rza/Generals knew what was really going on and what was being said in this thread. Cilvaringz affiliation with the Wu would be over.
    Last edited by zooruka; 05-01-2014 at 08:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cubanlinx95 View Post
    it doesn't exist anymore. it sounded like a biblical epic, like something straight out of Ben-Hur.

by the way, Cilvaringz, when I asked if the fans would be able to see the album art cover, I didn't mean if it would go to the buyer (that's obvious), I meant will you actually post the cover on the Internet so people can see what it looks like, as well as the track titles/listing.
    I haven't thought about it just yet. I think some ideas were on my Instagram, I think they're still there. But the actual cover that I had in mind, I havent revealed that yet and I'm not sure I will at this moment. Obviously who comes to the gallery, will see it.

Quote Originally Posted by RUSHING PLATYPUS View Post
    And why would we give a fuck if you've already made it clear you hope none of us ever get the music?

fuck you ringz and your whole project, Im out
    Now that I respect.

^^^^^

Cilva your ambition has gone to your head. Instead of helping the fans. You are alienating them from the group.

I am not sure how the clan would feel about this. ????

Quote Originally Posted by HEZAKYA View Post
    BLAH BLAH BLAH.....Im not listening to no Music Professor with a PHD tell me about what we should do with Hip-Hop....He dont live in the Hood...He never been called a Nigger or dont know how it feels to go hungry. Wu-Tang always spoke for us who never had a voice in the streets...Now Seth Rogan can buy the Album and throw a Hollywood Listening Party and Invite James Franco and Jonah Hill...While the rest of us Poor Trash just have to "Keep Watch" with Nathanial....Seth and Jonah can laugh...knowing that all the Dirty People of The Ghetto who spent their hard earned money on those original albums.. wont be able to listen to an Album by the "Poor Rightous Aziatic Black Teachers" who are supposed to spread rightousness(HYPOCRITES)

If a kid from the hood has to choose between $50 in Groceries..or Half Ounce of Weed..or 3 new albums by whatever mainstream artist..he's not going to pay to go to a Museum to LISTEN to an 1990 ish Oldies Album with a Bunch of Neck Bearded Posers. The Original Fans who are in their Late 30's aint showing up...so who does that leave? Hmmmmm...This project has already been Commercialized..it has become "Trendy"...I've spent Thousands of Dollars on Wu-Tang related Product since 1993...I've paid my dues and have a right to Complain. These dudes burnt me too many times. Now im Irate...This music is Devalued Bullshit....It's the 21st Century get on Board or get another line of Work....Records have been Bootlegged since the 50's and 60's....It's just a lil easier now...But Drake still Sells Millions of Albums...Rick Ross still sells... ...Kendrick...Beyonce...Jay...Lil Wayne...They dont take their Fans for Granite....They Produce Quality music for their Fanbase and the Music Sells. How the FUCK is "Keep Watch" or "Family Reunion" supposed to Excite us for an Album. The Shit sounds like Old People music..i dont wanna feel old..give me some Headbanger Boogie Music...So i can go back to High School Mentally...Celebrate 20 Years...Wu-Tang used to say that their fans were "On their Dick" who disses their own fans like that??..Method Man said that about Baltimore in 1994...He said Baltimore was on His Dick...and he ended up making a living working in Baltimore on the Wire. WHAT A FRAUD! They got too Cocky for their own good. The Generals is staying quiet about this Cilvaringz Project for right now..they're waiting to see how it play's out..before they Officially Endorse it or Dis-regard it. Im done...my old ass need to take my Blood Pressure Medication...before i have a Fucking Stroke fucking with Poon Tang Clan. Where does Cilvringz find the time to Troll the Internet if he's in Charge of such a Groundbreaking Project?? Oh yes..i forgot.."It's in the Hands Of Err...EXPERTS." Freeing up his time so he can Google Articles and read all about himself.
    are you ok?

Quote Originally Posted by prof zooruka View Post
    To be honest. The only thing Cilvaringz is achieving as this thread goes on, is managing to alienating Wu tang fans.

I think if Rza/Generals knew what was really going on and what was being said in this thread. Cilvaringz affiliation with the Wu would be over.
    No I'm not, or at least, not attempting to on purpose. Simply trying to get the concept across for fans to understand, and it's simply not being understood because I think that personal feelings and a sense of entitlement is playing a bigger role than allowing yourself to get into the concept. That's why I don't mind people saying they dont agree with it in a normal fashion, that's their right and understandable. I'm just not down with the childish bashing and ignorant comments which unfortunately on this forum have played a dominant role for many years (partly a reason why many clan members refuse to come on here and interact).

But ask yourself this question. Would the response have been equally aggressive and negative if:

A. I had told everyone truthfully from the get go I was going to make a dream Wu-Tang album that was not going to come out because of the same concept.

and/or

B. If I had never told anyone I was working on anything and the Forbes article suddenly dropped out of the blue, same story, same concept.

My guess? I think it would've been equally aggressive and negative. The real beef people got with this is not me coming across as a deceitful dude. The real beef is the simple fact that this could possibly be one of the best Wu-Tang records in years and the fans won't be able to own it. The fact that they'd have to go to another venue to hear it is apparently a pain. If somehow, we had spun the same concept and story and it had received the same media attention, but still would've ended up in the fans possession, it wouldn't have been a big issue. People would've complained about a delay, but nothing as significant as this. And this is what it's all about.

And let me be truthful here. If I were in your position, I'd also be upset. But I wouldn't resort to childish bashing and ignorant comments. I would actually respect the idea and try to discuss it in a more intelligent fashion. Luckily there are a few on here that look at it from a different angle.

I also think the fact that the Wu haven't dropped something so significantly close to a fan's dream album concept has something to do with the anger. And also the fact that A Better Tomorrow already feels like a forced project and might not include Raekwon or might not even come out.

But what's most mind boggling about this all, is this sense of entitlement to this record. A vast majority of you are demanding it in a way where it almost feels like we owe you this record, more than anything else. As if we are here to serve you and your needs according to how you want it to be done. And we're on the other side screaming, no... you will listen to this record the way WE want it done.

Is anyone in the wrong here? or is there no right and wrong with this stand off, other than a different perspective on how things should be done?

Banned

Poor Y-Kim..and i thought he was Nuts when he Did this Interview...He gained a New Follower...Everything he say's in this Interview has Come to past...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9wEg9Hy97g