Page 52 of 77 FirstFirst ... 2424344454647484950515253545556575859606162 ... LastLast

Thread: Once Upon a Time in Shaolin/museum tour/1 copy of album

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    Yeah that makes sense, i'm sure people were mad when tapwater was invented.
    are you 100% sure they weren't?
    fuck mere morals bruh. Whenever someone wants to do something dope like immortalize wutang's legacy with a historic revaluing of music a pack mortals come in with their gay shit. "meehh we wanna hear it! we wanna hear it!" quit acting like girls nigga. How much more wutang do you need? The've given your 100s of CDs for you to download and pretend you bought on a wu forum

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    Cilvarings. Don't listen to them. The mark of a good idea is how much people lash out at it. This is a great way to revalue music as a whole and make history. wu fans feel entitled to everything so fuck em.

^^^ this idea will in no way revalue music. Wu-Tang doesn't have a big enough fan base today for that many ppl to care about not owning this album. It's not teaching any sort of lesson to value anything, when there's barely anyone around to value it. People feel a sense of entitlement when they've supported an artist(s) career, even through out the mediocrity and garbage that was put out, they have that right. We also have the right to not support anymore, simple as that. This is a forum, in order to voice our opinions, and this idea deserves to be shit upon.

fuck mere morals bruh. Whenever someone wants to do something dope like immortalize wutang's legacy with a historic revaluing of music a pack mortals come in with their gay shit. "meehh we wanna hear it! we wanna hear it!" quit acting like girls nigga. How much more wutang do you need? The've given your 100s of CDs for you to download and pretend you bought on a wu forum

Wu-Tang have already been immortalized from all the classic material that they've done 1993-97. That material will always be there for any future generations to listen to or be inspired by and yet music is still getting worse and worse. so no, this new secret album that imitates that era will not enhance Wu's legacy in the future, 50 years from now, for the unborn to listen to. It can only now help them close the final chapter on their legacy properly. A great swan song, is what this album could've been for them. But this will not "help" future generations by being in some sort of time capsule, it will not cure cancer or end world hunger, and make ppl listen to or create better music in the future. If future generations need inspiration through hip hop, Wu's 90s material is always there without this album.
    Last edited by TheWuSepticTank; 05-06-2014 at 11:28 PM.

85 %ER

Cool

Still on that post 100

Something's still gonna happen, hopefully it will be something to make the fans happy

Quote Originally Posted by HEZAKYA View Post
    I love ya music Cilvaringz..but you gotta know..I've been waving the W flag when i was getting teased for it..when niggaz was calling me corny, and why do i listen to these Clowns when nobody was checking for them. They washed up....Now im being shitted upon! I stayed faithful....i bought Masta Killa first and 2nd Album....I bought Fishcale and Morefish I bought 4:21....i did'nt buy 8 Diagrams because Ghost and Rae shitted on it. You God-Damn right i feel Entitled! These niggaz sitting on MILLIONS..i gotta Borrow Money some days just to Buy Groceries in the FUCKING house so my kids can eat...and you call us entitled just because i want to hear my favorite Band in all of their Former Glory? Im FUCKING POOR..but I'll pay 20$ for this fucking album..i bought Wu forever in 1997 for damn near $30. You guys are marketing the album as the fans dont deserve this shit, you think were entitled...but Greenburg the Fucking Jew Deserves it more than Bummy Project Niggaz i guess. Im gonna start Blogging and Discreditng Wu...I have Millions of Youtube Views and thousands of Subscribers...Im starting a Boycott...P.E.A.C.E(Positive Enlightenment Always Corrects Errors)
    If I didn't have nuff money to feed my children I would stop paying for the internet bro, but you're actually right tho. I understand the idea behind this, but it's not fair. I would be fair if they sold the copy for millions of dollars and then let the fans buy this album even in the digital format.

My words ain't gonna change anything cus RZA and Cilva have already caluclated it, but the one thing I can't understand is why doesn't RZA see that there are many of Wu diehard fans who've been supporting Wu from the beginning.
    I'm 21 now, but I remember when I was 13-15 and I used to spend all the money I got to buy some Wu-Tang shit -- I paid some niggaz who I had never met before, who lived thousands miles from my country, just because I loved their music and I know I'm not the only one who did that.

I know it can't happen, but Wu fans should boycott Wu-Tang by not buying them album and not going on their shows.

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

can we keep it real???

i mean,really,really real??????

can we keep it this real....

ya'll are only doing this to get up the money for rae to drop some verses on "a better tomorrow", ain't ya?????
    "Fuck Wu Tang Corp" - The GZA/Genius

https://soundcloud.com/gptent/tito-lo-blak-hell

Quote Originally Posted by main_man View Post
    can we keep it real???

i mean,really,really real??????

can we keep it this real....

ya'll are only doing this to get up the money for rae to drop some verses on "a better tomorrow", ain't ya?????

hahahaha shit! Repped man

This idea is over some people's heads. Yes, there is a level of marketing involved. However, that is due to the impossible avoidance of media attention in our time. When the Medici commissioned painting's and the like, there was not a camera anywhere to be found. The news didn't spread all over the groupie web pages. Now that there is internet, camera phones, technology takes away the mystery more than ever in art. If there was a legend that shared through the years about a secret, epic, WU album, that would be dope as fuck for the legacy. This adds to the legacy whether you get it or not. I studied art for part of my major, this idea is genius and manic, it is SUPPOSED to be provocative. Have an opinion, that is healthy for you, but please realize that this is bigger than you or me. peace

Quote Originally Posted by HEZAKYA View Post
    You are right Wudecepticon..it's RZA's "Hollywood" ass and Cilvaringz doing this...Cilvaringz is enjoying all the Publicity and new found Fame...he's Trolling us. But FUCK THAT..The rest of the Wu gotta take this L. Guilty by association. If we hold ALL OF THEM Accountable for RZA's Get rich quick Schemes...they all would band together and stop his Hair Brain Schemes from happening. Right now Raekwon is Alieniated..but he been trying to tell us RZA's been on Mars for years. He's "lost in space". We just thought Ghost and Rae was Hating...but now we know better. So the whole Clan is Rza's Co-Defendents. If we put pressure on the Clan...they'll put Pressure on the RZA//time for a Boycott..im fucking serious....we made these dudes...if it was'nt for us...these niggaz would still be buying 40's from the corner store Bodega. WE HAVE THE POWER!! BOYCOTT THESE FAKE FIVE PERCENTERS!

Yeah I agree that they're guilty by association. Because so far none of the other members have spoke against the idea, even though Rae has boycotted the whole Clan for his own personal reasons. RZA been on mars since Bobby Digital was born. He chose to be Mr. I Dont Give A Fuck, and dumb down his lyrics from talking about knowledge and science to talking about fuckin bitches and getting drunk, being a hedonistic artist....and his overall music quality dropped since. So now hes Mr. Spirtual and Meditating On A Mountain In Tibet With Monks AKA Ghetto Hippy, and now his music suffers even more by being boring and mediocre. I'm not a Jay or Kanye fan, but regardless of what ppl say about them, at least they make music for their fans. I have more respect for them than I do Wu right now for allowing this idea. When Jay-Z did that deal with samsung last year (sure he got his money and made sure that album moved the units in a corporate way ) he still gave the album to the fans. He didnt alienate his audience, so for that I respect him more than Wu right now.

What has that tranny Cher got to do with the slums of shaolin.

I already explained i don't want Cilvaringz' clone album. I think the idea itself could be terrible for music fans and i think the history of how this album was made and promoted is shady and underhanded.

And honestly, you're a wannabe entrepeneur yourself so of course you'd be on the nuts of anything thats getting money and publicity. Maybe its a good idea for the artist so they can make some extra money, but its a shitty idea for the consumer.

Of course i bought Wu-Tangs CDs, quit projecting and get off this phonys dick.

Non Ignorant Math Team

Cilvarings. Don't listen to them. The mark of a good idea is how much people lash out at it. This is a great way to revalue music as a whole and make history. wu fans feel entitled to everything so fuck em.

What is the exchange rate between a good evening on an album that no one will hear to a good evening on an album available to everyone?

NON-IGS

Non Ignorant Math Team

Idc about the album anymore but I'm baffled at how people think this gives music greater value (artistic value that is).

How can something that isn't experienced increase how much an art form is respected.
    Imagine if the majority of people were illiterate. Do u think any of them would fully respect literature?

NON-IGS

Quote Originally Posted by prof zooruka View Post
    What has that tranny Cher got to do with the slums of shaolin.
    Cher is more of an OG than you can ever hope to be.