Wu-Veteran

Default Love him or hate him, Raekwon is killing it right now

[YOUTUBEYanWFtmN3nQ[/YOUTUBE]

Radio joints too

and:

boring.
    It's the god, god.

Wu-Veteran

O yea i forgot...its all about gossip and controversey. Great music just isnt enough anymore. Smh

lol Yeah, I made this point a while ago. Everyone seems to love Rae but Wu fans these days. Weird.
    Emotions are for the weak, so I sold mine to the highest bidder.

Rae is that dude.

My evidence, my own testament, written on wood
    Twelve tribes layin at the head of corners in hoods
    Hell razah

I like a few of those. This one was pretty good, sounds like some 90s R&B style.

gotta agree Rae's now the hottest outta of the Wu

Wu-Veteran

The man puts mad work in. And lately has been spittin sharp as ever. Lyrics are deadly...flow is more accessible than ever and he dont change his style for anyone. Gotta respect that..and you gotta respect that he keeping the Wu brand up in the mainstream side of things these days.

Rae's on fire since b4 CL2

Quote Originally Posted by 8 View Post
    Rae's on fire since b4 CL2
    This.

That's why this whole fiasco got me really worried about the new album. His instincts have been on point for the past couple of years in terms of melding the old with a new in a good way. He's been killing shit. Even when he's on those electro-hop modern Kanye beats, he rips the shit apart:

That is a verse right there. Mic presence, flow, quotables, imagery, rhyme schemes. He went the fuck in. He's also really been back on his shit with the phrasing/slang and all that.

I know the dispute is about money more than anything, but the whole feud reaks of fundamental disputes, which would of course include musical direction. Prolly just being a cornball over-analyzing and -worrying, but what the fuck else am I gonna do

Wu-Tang Martial Expert

Y'all must be hearin something different than me because to me right now, Rae is at the bottom of the Clan in terms of spittin. Thats why I don't mind if hes not on A Better Tomorrow.

He can't spit like he did on CL1 anymore. His flow to me got tired, and lazy, he has no energy. If he wanted to make a high energy track now like Incarcerated Scarfaces, with constant spitting, he couldn't do it.
    "A SPACE KNIGHT LIKE ROM, CONSUME PLANETS LIKE UNICRON, BLASTIN' PHOTON BOMBS FROM THE ARM LIKE GALVATRON......"

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatron97 View Post
    Y'all must be hearin something different than me because to me right now, Rae is at the bottom of the Clan in terms of spittin. Thats why I don't mind if hes not on A Better Tomorrow.

He can't spit like he did on CL1 anymore. His flow to me got tired, and lazy, he has no energy. If he wanted to make a high energy track now like Incarcerated Scarfaces, with constant spitting, he couldn't do it.
    I agree that he can't spit like he did on Incarcerated Scarfaces anymore, but not every song even requires that kinda flow. As much as I'd like to hear him go in like that again, him not being able to do it doesn't mean he hasn't been killing a lot of the joints that he's been on.

For instance, I love "The Scroll" from SvW. It's the same laid back flow he's been using, but it fit that song perfectly.
    Emotions are for the weak, so I sold mine to the highest bidder.

Wu-Tang Martial Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Soulless View Post
    I agree that he can't spit like he did on Incarcerated Scarfaces anymore, but not every song even requires that kinda flow. As much as I'd like to hear him go in like that again, him not being able to do it doesn't mean he hasn't been killing a lot of the joints that he's been on.

For instance, I love "The Scroll" from SvW. It's the same laid back flow he's been using, but it fit that song perfectly.
    Yea but I don't know, when's he's on a track now as a guest or Wu appearance to me I fast forward his part. It just bores me. He reminds me of GZA now like he got that tired, raspy, lazy flow.

Maybe he's trying to come off as a laid back gangster, mafioso type but that doesn't work for every track. Some tracks need energy.

To me he lost his flow......Rae used to come on a track and KILL it everytime.....Incarcerated Scarfaces, Glaciers of Ice, Scary Hours, Hellz Wind Staff, Visionz, even on the whole Immobilarity album he spits hard (the Table, etc)

He can't do that anymore....I think he gained too much weight and it affected his voice lol
    "A SPACE KNIGHT LIKE ROM, CONSUME PLANETS LIKE UNICRON, BLASTIN' PHOTON BOMBS FROM THE ARM LIKE GALVATRON......"

Rae's putting in work