Thread: RIP to the Ultimate Warrior

Default RIP to the Ultimate Warrior

We still don’t have details but Warrior, aka Jim Hellwig, the famed Ultimate Warrior who returned to RAW Monday night for the first time since 1996 after being inducted into the Hall of Fame two nights earlier, has passed away.

Warrior was 54. He was one of the best known wrestlers of the past 25 years.

He collapsed walking to his car

http://www.tmz.com/2014/04/08/ultima...dead-dies-wwe/

9:52 PM PT -- Officials tell TMZ ... Warrior collapsed outside an Arizona hotel at 5:50 PM on April 8th ... while walking to his car with his wife.

Warrior was transported to a nearby hospital ... where he was pronounced dead.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/04/08/ultima...#ixzz2yMfNoFaw

Wrestling fans are mourning the death of the Ultimate Warrior today and remembering some of the WWE superstar’s greatest moments.

From defeating Hulk Hogan to his infamous entrances into the ring, Warrior was a childhood favorite for countless fans and one of the sport’s most memorable heroes.

Pro Wrestling Icon Ultimate Warrior Dead at 54

Here’s what made him a legend:

He Stole the Torch from Hulk Hogan

WrestleMania VI in 1990 marked a milestone for the WWE: It was the first time two titleholders would face off. Warrior, then the Intercontinental Champion, was to battle Hulk Hogan, then the WWF Champion, in Toronto. The pairing was also notable because two “good guys” -– and huge fan favorites -– squared off in the ring.

Warrior won the match -- effectively putting an end to Hulkamania to become the strongest force in wrestling. His finishing moves were the Gorilla Press Drop and the Running Splash.

He Knew How to Make an Entrance

If the Warrior was in the house, fans knew it. He was famous for sprinting down the ramp and running circles around the ring, furiously shaking the ropes before stepping in.

He was “like a man possessed,” the WWE said.

He Made Bobby Heenan Wear a Weasel Suit

In one of his most famous matches, Warrior took Bobby “The Brain” Heenan down with a Sleeper Hold, and then dressed the defeated wrestler –- still passed out in the ring -– in a humiliating weasel costume.

Of course, fans knew Heenan had it coming when he entered the ring. The wrestler-turned-manager was no match for Warrior’s power.

He Actually Changed His Name to Warrior

How’s that for dedication? The Ultimate Warrior, born James Brian Hellwig, legally changed his name to Warrior in 1993. Like Madonna, Warrior only needed one name.

It’s also the last name of his wife and children.

The Most Colorful Character in Wrestling

Warrior had one of the most memorable looks in the WWE. At every match, his bright face paint was a new work of art, and rainbow-colored tassels hung from his bulging arms.

In the late 1980s, his long shaggy hair was also part of his signature style.

Hall of Fame Induction

Warrior was finally inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame this past Saturday in New Orleans. Two days later, he gave a speech at Monday Night Raw, speaking -– ironically -– about life and death.

"No WWE talent becomes a legend on their own,” he said. “Every man’s heart one day beats its final beat. His lungs breathe their final breath. And if what that man did in his life, what makes the blood pulse through the body of others and makes them bleed deeper and something larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized.”

Warrior died on Tuesday. The cause of his death is unclear.

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

Too much Steriods?

he really didn't seem like a healthy human being

Rip warrior

courtesy of Bobby_Digital72

Non Ignorants

--- Dallas Page issues a statement regarding his appearance on Nancy Grace's talk show

Dallas Page issued a statement via Twitter on Thursday regarding his appearance on Wednesday's Nancy Grace talk show regarding the death of Ultimate Warrior. "I went on Nancy Grace last night expecting to discuss Warrior the man," Page said. "Had I known the only topic discussed would be steroids I would not have participated. At the time I was also unaware of the list that was shown to the viewing audience.

"To imply that all of the wrestlers on that list died from steroids was wrong and for that they owe the families an apology. Again, my only intention was to discuss Warrior the man and share some stories about how dedicated he was to the wrestling business. I am saddened that was not what happened and my thoughts remain with his family." Follow him online at Twitter.com/RealDDP.

Powell's POV: For those who missed the show, Grace ran a list of young wrestler deaths that included the names of Owen Hart and referee Joey Marella. Her focus was on allegations of steroid and drug use. The possibility that Warrior's past steroid use contributed to his death is a very real possibility, but Grace's sleazy approach rubbed me the wrong way.

That said, did Page not pay attention to her coverage of the Benoit family tragedy? I suspected the worst going into the interview and I'm surprised that he would be so oblivious regarding her reputation. Meanwhile, there are Twitter campaigns and petitions designed to have CNN remove Grace from the network. As much as I would like to see her brand of "journalism" disappear, my fear is that all the attention this segment is getting will lead to her and the show's producers feeling they have a hot topic that they can continue to exploit. Of course, I do feel that she should at least offer corrections for any errors that were made.

-

I didn't know Ultimate Warrior died and I like him. RIP.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

It was all over the news.

-

I don't watch wrestling anymore and that's why I didn't know about his death. How long has he been gone?

The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.