Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Raekwon "on strike" from wu tang........

Quote Originally Posted by IronSheik View Post
    fuk Rae...he'd rather do tracks w/fags like Drake then support his crew...at least if ur not gonna participiate, dont talk shit...Generals got mouths to feed while u over there making tracks w/Bieber....foh!
    The bieber song was harder than this shit. Look at the lead singles of Wu-Tang albums.

THE EVOLUTION OF WU-TANG CLAN LEAD SINGLES

lmao.
    Last edited by BigSchnikkel; 04-17-2014 at 05:00 PM.

Melf Nederlandse lifestyle & hiphop community. Voor bazen. De beste website van de wereld.[

Veteran Member

I had doubts about the Keep watch "it's not the final version" talks. It confirms that it probably was intended to be
    a single but the generals didn't cosign it due to the singing amongst others reasons.

For the rest, i understand Rae point of view. Nothing wrong about being true to yourself (especially if the business side isn't on point). But RZA is in the same situation.He would be in their position if he made revival music without FEELING it. So everyone has the same equation.

The fact is excepted RZA (even when i don't like him), i don't consider them as artists. I don't even download their projects.

I just would be curious to know what is his idea of "giving the best" and who are "the hottest producers in the game" in Rae's mind. Those who would provide something suitable to the Wu without being caricatural and/or reminescent. Some consistent music, some re-listenable stuff. These recent years, one of the only beats that made me say "The Wu would be cool on it" was the "So appalled" one. And i'm not a Kanye fan (even if it was a co-production). But who would bring his A game and give it almost for free ?

The real question is : if the WTC is clinically dead. Must they make it 'live' artificially ?

And one time for all, with the dumb "what the fans want" thing we would never have heard the Wu. The same creation principles can make you win in a time span and lose in another one. What is making you not feeling RZA today is what made you love him back in the days. You have to respect that like you respect life. Things can't be as simple as "Ok, let's make a WTC album produced by X and Y". It's like letting someone driving YOUR life.

The clan was too big to be cohesive for long time. All what we see was written somewhere.

Last thing, i really like to read those who want them to rap like if they were young and wild in the threads telling us what become Shyheim, Killa Sin, True Master etc. It is so funny.

CORNED BEEF SAMMICH

This happened on 8D as well if you remember. The song Unpredictable was changed after they laid there vocals. Same with some others. I remember Deck being pissed and now this

Also Allah Math who produced Keep Watch said it wasn't the right version. meth too. Thought they would release the right one but they haven't.

Sucks being a wu fan

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    I agree with him. I always said i'm looking forward to hearing RZAs production cos i'm sure it will be dope instrumentals but i don't think hes making the bangers that will make it a great clan album.

Its just a RZA album at this point.
    yeah it's basically like "i'm the boss and i'm doing this my way so if you wanna do it, come with me" and raekwon was the only one that wasn't having it.

Quote Originally Posted by Durag View Post
    The Ringz shit is gonna b a lot hotter than this shit though.

I agree with Rae in terms of the sound, but why da fuck isnt he off talking to the RZA and the rest of the clan and brainstorming ideas instead of just bitching to the press?
    well we don't know what happens outside of the press. they probably contact each other on their cells but can't seem to come to an agreement. they're all stubborn and they feel like at this point they're all legends and don't have to listen to anyone, including fellow clan members.

Quote Originally Posted by BigKing.nl View Post
    The bieber song was harder than this shit. Look at the lead singles of Wu-Tang albums.

THE EVOLUTION OF WU-TANG CLAN LEAD SINGLES

lmao.
    lmao should have saw it coming

Quote Originally Posted by soob View Post
    Yeah that's the reason you recorded the shit with Bieber.

But to be honest I agree with Rae mostly
    the song sucked just because Justin Bieber was on it?

Raekwon also has a point with that mediocre music shit because RZA hasn't had any decent shit since his and the clan's 2001 albums and 8 Diagrams didn't meet expectations and Raekwon keeps working putting out albums and nice guest features. Rae and Ghost are the only consistent solo artists in the group.

i agree with raekwon 100%. He's saying what all the people that still hold wu-tang to high regard are saying. Why is a group of talented people continously releasing weak shit. How does it make sense that you're releasing your final album as a group but you're telling people the album they really want to hear will never be heard. Rza is not in touch with hip-hop. He hasn't been for over a decade
    FCK A SHOUT OUT!

I would rather hear Wutang over beats like Kanye West "New Glod Flow" and shit like Drake & Soulja Boys "We Made It" tracks right now. Rae has a point.

meet me in the lobby TommySuits's Avatar

Very rare, but Rae actually makes sense here.

I dnt wna jump the gun off of one 'single' I thought was OK but I hope this album is more raw than what we've been getting.

RZA should be breaking out the 'state of grace' beats for the wu albums.

How is it Rah diggah got one of the hardest RZA beats in recent years!?

Rae makes some good points but "@ the end of the day" they gonna form like voltron and do the damn thing.

Peace CT

Obviously Rae made some valid points. But here is what I still dont get. Why is Rae the only member MIA on this? Obviously this comes down to the money thing. Dont wanna hear the family excuse either cuz hes not the only member with a family. N all you dudes on this board know you would be pissed off if Wu-Tang's last album was released and produced by hot producers with "colorful" beats. Lets see what happens, still cant see ABT being released minus Rae. Peace

Shaolin Master

RZA keeps saying and giving this impression about this being a somber, serious album and this artistic gift to the world while Rae is wanting some Wu Bangas 101. They're both right, but, for a Wu album, you're supposed to balance out the bust your shit open beats & more soulful shit and show the range of the full crew for like 12-20 songs. If RZA wants to give the world a gift of serious music, build those sessions into finally dropping the damn Cure album.

chef on strike lmao

Rae keeps talking about making the right music for the fans......but in reality......its the fact rae ain't getting the bread he wants for his participation. If the money was there.....rae would give a fuck what type of beat he was spitting on. It is a shame though.....there's been dudes who have been in the game just as long as wu such as pharaohe monch, black thought, common, OC......their shit sounds the same as the 90s.....voice and flows. Everyone in the wu fell off with their flows and voices and don't interest me as much anymore. RZA can't make a hot beat if his life depended on it now. I was looking forward to the cilva album but looks like we will never hear that shit and RZA acting like he knew about this album and it was his idea when we all know cilva is the one who put in the work. Like someone mentioned before.....ghost sounded like vintage ghost on New God Flow......if the beats are right.....the clan can still be revived and energized with a quality product
    I'm the Greatest Scientifically Inclined Mind Since Einstein!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by the blazed sage View Post
    Hats off to Chef, he finally cleared the air and said what needed to be said. Every other interview he tippy-toed around the rift and the issues, but here he flat out tells it like it is from his perspective.

This is the second WTC LP in a row that Rae is sabotaging. Last Wu album he had already recorded all his verses, heard the album, hated what he heard and went on the offensive: an all-out assault against 8 Diagrams. This time he was smarter and didn't bother to record hearing the music is not up to par.

In 2007 when whistleblower Rae spilled the beans to Miss Info, I was livid. 7 years later it's a different story, I really admire his nobility to speak his mind...he happens to be correct on all aspects too. when 8D dropped Rae proposed recording a clan album with the whole group not using any RZA production, he would title it Shaloin Vs. Wu-Tang. While that concept never materialized, it is still an amazing idea that should be rekindled ASAP especially in light of this ABT fiasco.
    Raekwon wouldn't know the first producer to select for Better Tomorrow. If Rae had leadership duties he would sink this project worse than anything previously. This is the guy who released Immobilarity. The truth is Wu Tang fans do not want another producer.

Rae's legacy will ALWAYS be attached to RZA.