Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: U-God Honestly should have been the Abbot the whole time

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    duh it's going to sound weird nigga you're a dude lol. If U-god walked up to you on the street and said that shit it's not going to have the same effect as saying it to a woman. You can say it's not for you, but not that it's wack, that song is irreplaceable and very creative.
    I don't think U-God listing body shop products to girls is really going to get their panties wet. More likely they'll think hes mentally ill.

And you can say its wack, cos its wack. I wouldn't take it off the album though cos the rest of the album is so heavy. That goofy bit of trash is comic relief.

Scotty should have been in the Clan.

why does rza keep doing that? what's the crime in giving U-god an original beat?
    Na the beats switched up a bit still.. its not exactky the same butvthe foundation is same. RZA does that in general, I aint git a problem with it if its decent. Example "wutang aint nuting to fuk wit" switched up to make "chamber of fear" sounds good; so whats it matter?

The Real Tony Starks starkeylove's Avatar

If U-GOD was the Abbott, we would all be fans of MA$E and Chingy.

RZA raised the flag. May not love his current production as much, but I thank him for:
    Liquid Swords
    OB4CL
    Tical
    Enter the 36 Chambers
    36 Chambers: The dirty version
    Wu Tang Forever (sans Black Shampoo)

...and anything that says Gravediggaz on it.
    STARKS AKA IRONMAN!

dude why do people not like Shampoo? It's a really good song. They lyrics aren't wack and are in fact good, the flow is top notch, the beat isn't great and the theme is executed perfectly, so idk what is there not to like.
    I initially didn't like Black Shampoo either, but upon further review it became one of my favorites on Forever. That beat is real dope. U-God is funny as hell on that sh*t though

Quote Originally Posted by rakimkoolgrapwutang View Post
    lol I was laughing the whole way through it. that and the raekwon helicopter skit made me laugh so much.

I mean he says stuff like this

"Bake it off, break it off 'til it gets soft
    Passion fruit, pussy cat, want to touch it off
    In and out, fragrance patience, Hershey's Kisses, Guinness Stout"

also how come lots of his lyrics just sounds like a list of things.
    "I sprinkle water on chocolate, butter scotch flowers
    Vapor action, tropical sun showers" LOL

I think his Deadly Melody verse is awesome..
    "Pile driver, tut, boulder face, blow, Hulk" hahahaaa

Uwey is the man.
    Power Equality Allah C's Everything
    Positive Energy Always Corrects Errors
    Protons Electrons Atoms Cause Explosions

hahaha, U-god is the shit, it's a crime that he's so slept on, though it's his fault because every time you give him a chance to be in front he does something retarded.

His deadly melody verse was the shit, and so was black shampoo i don't care that shit was a good song.

PRODIGAL SUN

Default Werd.........

Scotty Wotty is Jackpot right? Speaking of RZA's production, I like him better on 8 Diagrams and Iron Flag as a producer, rather than Wu Tang Forever. Triumph was dope, but I felt like the True Master really carried that album on the non-vocal side. Best thing for RZA to do right now would be like a collabo album with Cappadonna, where he furnishes all the beats, that way you make sales and the clan take notice, and they might all end up back in the dojo. Forever sounds dated to me though, never thought I would say that but I'm saying it now. 8 Diagrams however is a bit sharper on the lyrics, especially Meth, Forever was really like a camoflauged Ghostface album, with everybody else doing guest spots. Speaking of Uey, I hope he can hit a millie with a solo album these days, fans are fickle, but its like what I'm spending? 10 dollars or .05

Get Mine should've been in Django...
    Last edited by Comptilla; 04-08-2015 at 10:03 AM.
    Yo!

Quote Originally Posted by diabolos88 View Post
    Scotty should have been in the Clan.
    i think he was supposed to be. but started doing drugs and got too deep into it or some shit

agree with some of the post. A solid brother, cornerstone material no weak structure assembled proper
    BEZ
    Peace To New York

Quote Originally Posted by Holocaust View Post
    Forever sounds dated to me though, never thought I would say that but I'm saying it now.
    Forever is timeless.

Forever was really like a camoflauged Ghostface album, with everybody else doing guest spots.
    No way.

Quote Originally Posted by blaksteez View Post
    Mine too UGod smashes it and that's a RZA beat , so goes to show he's still got some heat. He uses that same beat on The Man with the iron fists score album .. Tune called the Brothel!
    maybe U God heard that & said to Rza "i want that !!2 kinda like Ice Cube did to QD3 and the beat for Ghetto Bird..

God Beside Me Guarded By Martyrs's Avatar
    Front Row Tickets |Watching The Apocalypse|

Forever was really like a camoflauged Ghostface album, with everybody else doing guest spots.
    I wouldn't even put Ghostface on the podium regarding "Forever"

Quote Originally Posted by APOLLO STASH View Post
    i think he was supposed to be. but started doing drugs and got too deep into it or some shit
    It was definitely something along those lines. Scotty Wotty was already rapping before the Clan was and he was kind of like a local hood celebrity. I heard that in an interview with Mef did on a UK show a while back. It's not as if I'm from Staten, so maybe someone has more precise info?
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by uLtRaMa6nEt1c View Post
    I initially didn't like Black Shampoo either, but upon further review it became one of my favorites on Forever. That beat is real dope. U-God is funny as hell on that sh*t though

"I sprinkle water on chocolate, butter scotch flowers
    Vapor action, tropical sun showers" LOL

I think his Deadly Melody verse is awesome..
    "Pile driver, tut, boulder face, blow, Hulk" hahahaaa

Uwey is the man.
    He strings words together like Ghost on SC except they make less sense when you analyse them. More or less free association, like Cappa on 'The Pillage'.
    Retired.