Thread: New Friday the 13th TV Series

Default New Friday the 13th TV Series

Jason Voorhees will be brought to life again on a new TV show. Emmett/Furla/Oasis Films and Crystal Lake Entertainment are teaming up to produce an hour-long series based on the characters and settings of "Friday the 13th", Deadline reports.

Sean S. Cunningham, who directed the original 1980 film, will executive produce the dramatic series along with EFO Films principals Randall Emmett & George Furla, Mark Canton of Atmosphere Entertainment MM, Steve B. Harris of Diversion3 Entertainment, and Ted Fox of Fox Entertainment. Horror Inc. president Robert Barsamian, who produced the films in the slasher movie franchise, will also produce.

"Jason Voorhees is synonymous with the genre and we plan to build on this legacy with a provocative and compelling take that expands upon the storylines that have already thrilled millions worldwide," Cunningham says.

Barsamian adds, "Expect the show to take viewers in some exciting new directions that we're confident will not only excite existing fans of Friday The 13th but also attract new audiences to the situations and characters that inhabit the small town of Crystal Lake."

Bill Basso ("Terminator") and Jordu Schell ("Avatar") will provide the script whose storyline will show Jason in multiple time periods. Roy Knyrim ("Gods and Monsters") will be in charge of the special make-up effects.

There's no word on which network will air the new "Friday the 13th" series. Cast for the show has not been announced yet either.

The last "Friday the 13th" movie was released in 2009. Directed by Marcus Nispel, it topped box office in its first week. Back in 2013, it was reported that a sequel was under development at Paramount Pictures.

Read more: http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/...#ixzz2zsOAFDeV

Don't really expect this to be any good but I'll check out the first episode. Didn't really think much of that 2009 remake

--- Jason Voorhees Will Travel to Multiple Time Periods in Friday the 13th TV Series

Read more: http://www.dreadcentral.com/news/755...#ixzz302rPMGSr

DIDN'T THEY ALREADY HAVE A FRIDAY THE 13TH TV SERIES BACK IN THE EARLY 90S?

if i remember correct it had absolutely nothing to do with friday the 13th and was on some twilight zone, tales from the darkside type shit

same with freddys nightmares lol

i remember watching that shit when i was like 10 thinking it was the shit of the whole night haha it kind of was, at least to a kid, creeped me the fuck out. i think it was on at like 10 pm on saturday nights or some shit. tv used to be cool even when it sucked

Yeah the original Friday the 13th show was pretty decent, from what I remember. I recall the guy from that shop being burned alive etched in my memory.

meet me in the lobby TommySuits's Avatar

The most important thing here is how they make Jason look . The craziest he ever looked was Jason Goes To Hell.

The classic hockey mask was the best look!

Didn't know there had already been a Friday 13th series already. I do remember liking the Freddy's Nightmares series as well when I was young though

this was the illest he ever looked. steel mask that was infused in his head.

no to what Shift?

Ill check this out, Im a big Jason fan

Quote Originally Posted by Miliato View Post
    no to what Shift?
    No to this show...ofshoots of such classics usually are ass