Thread: Raekwon - Glaciers Of Ice (Alternate Intro)

FRESH FISH

Default Raekwon - Glaciers Of Ice (Alternate Intro)

Raekwon - Glaciers Of Ice (Alternate Intro)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XP5Ss4eZIRs

Always liked that version better

thx

Goin' Ricky Retardo Unicron the Agitator's Avatar

I this version as well. I wouldn't mind the Wu releasing the single versions of some of their classics like GZA's "Liquid Swords" and "I Gotcha Back".

"Yeah I hit dat, but I ain't seed it up..."

The long skit on the album builds up the anticipation for the all out storm that is 'Glaciers of Ice'. So I prefer the album version. But still nice to hear this single version for the 1st time.
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Unicron the Agitator View Post
    I this version as well. I wouldn't mind the Wu releasing the single versions of some of their classics like GZA's "Liquid Swords" and "I Gotcha Back".
    yup. especially "C.R.E.A.M.", which is a completely different mix, with beat changes, different takes on the verses and either Buddha Monk or 60 Second Assassin sangin' on it. The 12" version of "Glaciers of Ice" was always a favorite too.

"Brooklyn Zoo" is one of the rare occasions where the radio edit is actually preferable to some people (maybe "Shame On A Nuh" too).

There are too many labels involved, and the Wu will never get their shit together, but a singles collection would be a good look since they're all out of print, and it could give some people an opportunity to buy "Protect Ya Neck"/"After The Laughter", and all of the 93-97 singles with the instrumental mixes and things like "Give It To Ya Raw", "Don't U Know Part II", "Labels (RZA Mix)" and the two RZA mixes of Mef's song for the Batman soundtrack, the Tekitha version and remix of "All That I Got Is You", "Triumph" with "Diesel" and "Wu-Gambinos (Hidden Chamber Mix)" and RZA's (dope) "Wu-Wear" song.

There's actually a bit of a difference on the single version of "Release Yo' Delf" too. If the Wu knew their fans, they could turn all this unreleased and no longer released material into some money like so many other artists and groups with insane cult followings do.

Never heard this before -- props OP. My one problem with the album version is that intro. I love Wu-Skits and Ghost talking shit, and when I'm listening to the full LP I use that version, but when I'm just vibing in the car or whatever I wanna get to that good shit and rock out.

Quote Originally Posted by 5th state View Post
    The long skit on the album builds up the anticipation for the all out storm that is 'Glaciers of Ice'. So I prefer the album version. But still nice to hear this single version for the 1st time.
    I agree with that build-up remark when I'm peeping the whole LP, but, like I said, this is nice when I wanna just dive into the dopeness.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow Daene View Post
    yup. especially "C.R.E.A.M.", which is a completely different mix, with beat changes, different takes on the verses and either Buddha Monk or 60 Second Assassin sangin' on it. The 12" version of "Glaciers of Ice" was always a favorite too.

"Brooklyn Zoo" is one of the rare occasions where the radio edit is actually preferable to some people (maybe "Shame On A Nuh" too).

There are too many labels involved, and the Wu will never get their shit together, but a singles collection would be a good look since they're all out of print, and it could give some people an opportunity to buy "Protect Ya Neck"/"After The Laughter", and all of the 93-97 singles with the instrumental mixes and things like "Give It To Ya Raw", "Don't U Know Part II", "Labels (RZA Mix)" and the two RZA mixes of Mef's song for the Batman soundtrack, the Tekitha version and remix of "All That I Got Is You", "Triumph" with "Diesel" and "Wu-Gambinos (Hidden Chamber Mix)" and RZA's (dope) "Wu-Wear" song.

There's actually a bit of a difference on the single version of "Release Yo' Delf" too. If the Wu knew their fans, they could turn all this unreleased and no longer released material into some money like so many other artists and groups with insane cult followings do.
    Really? I never knew any of this. I'm a younger guy so by the time I hit my young teens and got into the Wu all that was available was (or were?...) the CD remasters. I'd definitely love to hear these single versions, just to mix things up or see if there's something in the minutiae I prefer. One of the great parts of good music is it rewards you for paying attention to the details. So I'm gonna do some internet-digging for these. If anybody can point me in the right direction I'd appreciate it.

EDIT: Of course the homie claa has it on his site. Shouts out to him, always has the dopest pure hip-hop shit. One of the best hip-hop heads I've ever encountered. Salute.
    Last edited by THUGNIFICENT; 04-27-2014 at 04:13 PM.

Always and only listened to this version if I could help it. Intro always gave me Goosebumps and got the kid dumb hype.

You could hear the tail end of this intro at the beginning of the album version.
    As for myself: I had come to the conclusion that there was nothing sacred about myself or any human being, that we were all machines, doomed to collide and collide and collide.
    - Kurt Vonnegut