Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Explain How RZA fell off

'Chamber of Fear' with Rev. William Burke exemplifies the problem to me :

Good basic backdrop but too many flourishes. If I want to hear Ennio Morricone type movie scores I'll watch 'The Good, the Bad & The Ugly'.
    Retired.

Chamber of Fear is amazing; if anything, he should do more hiphop beats with symphonic movie score epicness mixed with the standard Wu style. 'Fatal' is another example. Try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Simon Hurt View Post
    Chamber of Fear is amazing; if anything, he should do more hiphop beats with symphonic movie score epicness mixed with the standard Wu style. 'Fatal' is another example. Try again.
    Not a fan of the 'dramatic' cliché violins in the middle part & towards the end of 'Fatal', but I think the rest of the song works well.

Compare 'Chamber of Fear' & 'Fatal' to 'Tragedy', whose simple backdrop is very effective, almost hypnotizing.

Then again, it all comes down to personal taste, of course.
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by TAURO View Post
    He fell off the moment he started using live instruments with next to no sampling and then trying to come off as being fresh and innovative when in reality it was neither.

I will admit he still pulls off the odd dope beat here and there, but the consistency is long gone. I'm all for creative expression but what really bugs me about Rza now is his attitude towards the formula that worked and made people fans of the wu in the first place. His insistence on making soft sunday music on clan albums when really he should save that bullshit for his own projects. If he wants to sink his ship that's his business just don't take the rest of the clan down with you.

When the Clan gets together it should be The AVENGERS type of epicness. It should be a big loud deal. The Wu is Friday night smack you in the face music not Sunday driving miss daisy with the kids in tow bullshit.
    infuckingdeed
    "The skywalker, that be leapin' over planets"

Quote Originally Posted by TAURO View Post
    His insistence on making soft sunday music on clan albums when really he should save that bullshit for his own projects. If he wants to sink his ship that's his business just don't take the rest of the clan down with you.

When the Clan gets together it should be The AVENGERS type of epicness. It should be a big loud deal. The Wu is Friday night smack you in the face music not Sunday driving miss daisy with the kids in tow bullshit.
    bullshit utterly ridiculous bullshit

name one, just one soft sunday music driving miss daisy with the kids in tow song that's been on a Clan album.
    Impermanence on this plane of reality/where criminality, brutality freely dwell/ Truth is a casualty in this hell/ Karma reins with divine causality, then its swell--StrangeLoveSurreal

can never understand why the bob digi sound is hated on so much apart from the fact he went too far with it for too long. The original bob digi album was dope and like nothing before it and the production was unreal, how can ppl act like silkworm, mantis, black widow, lovin is digi etc were not rza at the top of his game albeit channeled differently. I think he's still capable but he isn't interested in trying to recreate what we all love and revert to type, his newer shit is bland but this has been the case for years. Liked Molasses.

Banned

Because instead of dropping The Cure on some RZA/RZARECTAH shit he dropped bob digi instead. RZA still on arguably prime and we never got to hear that shit. Would be much better to have The Cure instead of Digital Bullet
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ol dirty abbot View Post
    No way bro.
    2 digi albums had amazing production so did birth of a prince, world according to rza. Supreme clientele production, the W, iron flag, ghost dog ost. His production on those albums some of his best ever.
    agreed

Banned

Ghost Dog and The W are not bob digi and are the best of those albums by a long way. More RZA less bob digi
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

RZA ain't fell off at all, he just wants to try different things. And every so often with the new sound he kills it and other times not. Same as it's been from he first came out really.

SHAOLIN STUDENT

Quote Originally Posted by SKANK HILL View Post
    Ghost Dog and The W are not bob digi and are the best of those albums by a long way. More RZA less bob digi
    agreed. I know Rza is still alive somewhere, so fuck Bobby Digi ! Now Robert Diggs is Bobby Digi, fuck that.

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

RZA never fell off he just floated away into hollywood and from time to time he lands back into the depths of Shaolin to produce some bangers.

^^no doubt

BlessedRThoseWhoStruggle Wu Apprentice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI View Post
    RZA never fell off he just floated away into hollywood and from time to time he lands back into the depths of Shaolin to produce some bangers.
    So true
    "The devil trembles when he knows the body is the temple and God is in you
    It's hard to continue when it's hard to offend you
    He snarls and sets traps, that have you setback
    The last round in this death match
    So strengthen where you're best at
    I promise you won't regret that" - Killah Priest

Quote Originally Posted by LoTec View Post
    bullshit utterly ridiculous bullshit

name one, just one soft sunday music driving miss daisy with the kids in tow song that's been on a Clan album.

Well 3 quarters of 8 Diagrams for a start. You might like that album and that's fine but don't act like you don't see a dip in quality or even a fucking difference in musical style. I know we're all wu nerds in here but some of you really need to wake the fuck up and have the cojones to call a turd a turd.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man