Default This gen of rappers (SchoolboyQ, Currensy, Wiz) is the worst ever

SchoolboyQ
    ASAP Rocky
    Currensy
    Wiz Khalifa
    Big Sean
    Earl Sweatshirt
    the rest

Are all terrible, really terrible stupid people beyond you can imagine (stupid in the least positive way), no flow, no humour, no lyrics, no swag, creativity, just dulled vacuum headed stoners why would anyone be inspired to listen to them?

I saw this interview with that stupid dumb motherfucker SchoolBoyQ saying "I ain't no rapper cuz burhher Imma a real street nigga and shit I ain't no fucking rapper like these others I dont give a shit about this rappin shit" like he was onto something cool in 2014 game or like he was actually not a rapper and like he hadn't heard an actually real gangster slash rapper said the same thing when he was growing up and thought that's what he should say.

Like you're obviously a rapper. You care very much about rapping and make your entire living purely from rapping and you're one of the generation of rappers who directly aimed to make a career from being a rapper and presenting the rapper image. How stupid can you be to think being like "I aint no fucking rapper like these other dudes" flies in 2014 rap scene?

There's absolutely NO scene. No scene anywhere. No groups of talent forming and growing off each other. Just individuals, twitter pages, youtube hits and marketing plans. This is internet driven of course but it's changed Hip Hop.

Think about the scene in Atlanta with Organised Noize/Outkast/GoodieMOb/Cool Breeze/Mr DJ or new york with Rawkus records in the post-rap/backpack all these people were around knew each other hung out, constantly creating and exchaging ideas philosophies how they want to do it, improving their skills etc.

Non of this happens now. It's just dominated by fools who only know about weed, spend 10000 on weed a month, stumble and mumble around a stage in whatever high street fashion they are sponsored to wear.

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

Don't you think some of the people you mentioned have their own movements?! ASAP, Odd Future, TDE? I don't think you can even dispute that they brought in their own styles and creativity.

Back in the 90s motherfuckers were making stupid records too, like they were living Menace 2 Society lifestyles.

Every generation does this shit though, crying about how music changed and isn't as good anymore. But nothing changed, you just got older.

TDE are dope, i like some of Odd Future. and you have the likes of Big KRIT, Kendrick Lamar, Action Bronson, Danny Brown etc etc who are all DOPE as fuck.

This generation is FAR better than the mid 00's when you had the likes of Young Jeezy, Wayne, Gucci and the rest of that terrible mid noughties trap scene running hip-hop. at least in the last 2 years we have decent rappers coming back. You really think Good Kid MADD City would have been the album that it is if it came out in that era with its bottom of the barrell lyrics?

I know we have just as bad artists now with Chief Keef (and the whole Chicago drill scene), 2 Chainz etc, but at least its more balanced out now with Kendrick, Q, KRIT etc. Less than 10 years ago there was NO balance.

asap sucks

DuncanHine Monument Cakes CEITEDMOFO's Avatar

SCHOOL BOY IS THE ONLY GOOD ONE OUT OF YOUR LIST

HERES A REAL LIST

HUS THE KINGPIN

KENDRICK

AG THE CORONER

ROZEWOOD

SMOKE DZA

SLAINE

SMOOVTH

AB SOUL

TROY AVE

AND OF COURSE
    ACTION BRONSON & WILLIE THE KID

PEOPLE FROM THE EASTCOASTS TASTE IN HOP HOP>>>> PEOPLE WHO GREW UP TO BONE THUGS
    Last edited by CEITEDMOFO; 05-10-2014 at 11:05 AM.

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

^Ill check some of them get back to it

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post

Back in the 90s motherfuckers were making stupid records too, like they were living Menace 2 Society lifestyles.

Every generation does this shit though, crying about how music changed and isn't as good anymore. But nothing changed, you just got older.
    I still love rap though. I still listen to it. Just like I can say a lot of shit in the 90s on the east coast was lame (it was), so I can now. The diff is the main acts, the main 'hopes' and talents of rap are simply a lot worse and now are simply a lot worse quality. And more stupid and derivative.

It's also lost it's strong regional differences. Rap from every state is basically the same now right?

Quote Originally Posted by Durag View Post
    TDE are dope, i like some of Odd Future. and you have the likes of Big KRIT, Kendrick Lamar, Action Bronson, Danny Brown etc etc who are all DOPE as fuck.

This generation is FAR better than the mid 00's when you had the likes of Young Jeezy, Wayne, Gucci and the rest of that terrible mid noughties trap scene running hip-hop. at least in the last 2 years we have decent rappers coming back. You really think Good Kid MADD City would have been the album that it is if it came out in that era with its bottom of the barrell lyrics?

I know we have just as bad artists now with Chief Keef (and the whole Chicago drill scene), 2 Chainz etc, but at least its more balanced out now with Kendrick, Q, KRIT etc. Less than 10 years ago there was NO balance.
    Keef the only one worth any time from all that. Well, he was.

You hate on Wayne in the same breath props to TDE. When that A MIllie verse came out had every rapper in his hand. Not a single modern rapper you mentioned could even hope of dropping a verse as unique as that Millie. They've based their whole career and styles on that A MIllie verse!! Kendrick's whole style is A MILLIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost In The 'Lac View Post
    You hate on Wayne in the same breath props to TDE. When that A MIllie verse came out had every rapper in his hand. Not a single modern rapper you mentioned could even hope of dropping a verse as unique as that Millie. They've based their whole career and styles on that A MIllie verse!! Kendrick's whole style is A MILLIE!!!
    That was all about the beat and none about the verse. If anything, Cory Gunz outshined him on flow alone before Wayne removed him from the track..

And Ab, Q & Kendrick are in another league to Jeezy, Wayne & Gucci. I don't even see that as a discussion, landslide victory to TDE.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones
    I didn't like it because of the beats.

That A Milli beat was overrated by the way. Chief Keef is too slow for Fred the Retard.

Non Ignorant Math Team

I always thought everyone thought a milli was shit.

well people I saw on utube did anyway. who are these ones who liked it?

NON-IGS

A Milli was shit

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Cain View Post
    I always thought everyone thought a milli was shit.

well people I saw on utube did anyway. who are these ones who liked it?
    Dunno. It's shit.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones
    I didn't like it because of the beats.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost In The 'Lac View Post
    ^Ill check some of them get back to it

I still love rap though. I still listen to it. Just like I can say a lot of shit in the 90s on the east coast was lame (it was), so I can now. The diff is the main acts, the main 'hopes' and talents of rap are simply a lot worse and now are simply a lot worse quality. And more stupid and derivative.

It's also lost it's strong regional differences. Rap from every state is basically the same now right?

Keef the only one worth any time from all that. Well, he was.

What difference does it make that you still listen to rap? I'm not sure how what you're saying is disputing what i'm saying. You got older and now you don't like what the younger artists are doing right? You're trying to say its factual, but it isn't its opinion.

And yeah i don't get the hate for Wayne or 'A Milli', what don't people like about him? His verses are generally very funny in a very unique way and he doesn't stick to the same topics like most.

Has to be one of the best rap songs of the last 5 years for me.

charles jones has a much better taste in music

like every other genre, hip-hop had their golden age (1985-1997?) and it'll never get better than that. unfortunately, today's rap fans are dumb and can't name a single '90s rapper, let alone an '80s rapper. but this generation has some good ones: action bronson, jay electronica, vince staples, joey badass, earl sweatshirt (the only good odd future member). and I guess Roc Marciano would be on there, even though he's been around for a while. hell, I didn't even know who he was until I heard Marcberg