Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Zach snyder reveals new batmobile/batman

http://screenrant.com/ben-affleck-ba...han-daredevil/
    Ben Affleck: ‘Batman v Superman’ Will Be No ‘Daredevil’

Ben Affleck – who, as some of you may know, will be taking on the role of Bruce Wayne/Batman in director Zack Snyder’s Man of Steel follow-up Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - is currently making headlines for starring in David Fincher’s Gone Girl.

The casting of Affleck as Batman famously led to predictably explosive reactions from fans, but as time passed and images of the actor in costume – as well as the superhero’s new ride – have surfaced, the overall consensus seems to now favor Affleck in the role. As Joss Whedon pointed out, “He’s got the chin,” he’s exhibited a deep respect for the mythology he now inhabits, and on the Bruce Wayne side, he’s excelled at playing men in a position of power in films such as State of Play and Changing Lanes.

Oh, and he’s played a superhero before, in the still-derided 2003 version of Daredevil. Affleck recently spoke with NPR about his current thriller Gone Girl and addressed the issue of Daredevil in relation to his role in Batman v Superman.

When it came to the likability of his Gone Girl character Nick Dunne – who may or may not have murdered his missing wife – Affleck had this to say:

The whole idea of likability was sort of thrown out of the window. And I thought that was really exciting and liberating as an actor because you didn’t know where this guy was gonna go.

While the subject of this quote was specifically Nick Dunne, some of it could be said to apply to Bruce Wayne. There have been countless different versions of the billionaire playboy-turned-vigilante in the comic books, in movies and on television (where he’s currently being played as a pre-adolescent by David Mazouz on Fox’s Gotham), and many have presented him as an emotionally-scarred anti-hero coldly removed from even those closest to him.

Then there’s Daredevil. While writer-director Mark Steven Johnson (who went on to butcher adapt Ghost Rider with Nicolas Cage) actually came up with a suitably cinematic approach to the Man Without Fear’s powers and Affleck seemed committed to the role, the film’s plot, pacing and dialogue were all problematic to say the least.

When asked if he has any regrets regarding his first outing as a live-action comic book character, Affleck said:

Indeed I have regrets about ‘Daredevil.’ I have regrets about all the movies that I don’t think were executed properly. … Look, if I thought we were remaking ‘Daredevil,’ I’d be out there picketing myself … and that goes for other movies as well that I haven’t been happy with. You know, I’m hard on myself and I have exacting standards and I want to do excellent work and I don’t always succeed, but I think you have to start out with that drive.

Some of this may be Affleck the director talking, some of it Affleck the actor. He had only high praise for his Gone Girl director David Fincher, calling him “a master.” As for the storytelling talent behind Batman v Superman, Affleck talked up the film’s screenwriter and director, saying:

['Batman v Superman'] was written by Chris Terrio, who wrote Argo, who’s not a comic guy. And it’s directed by Zach Snyder, who’s a incredibly magical sort of visual stylist who’s steeped in the comic world. And you have this sandwich of talents. I felt very confident about it. … I thought it would be nice to make one of these movies really, really good.

While it should be noted that director Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight trilogy of films were also really, really good, director Snyder has a flair for the more fantastical aspects of Batman’s comic book universe that Nolan never seemed eager to embrace. Man of Steel merged the grounded, Nolan-esque approach to a super powered alien from a dead planet with the splashy, cosmic-flavored source material in a way that makes a Snyder-directed pairing of the World’s Finest a very exciting prospect, indeed.

As for Affleck’s counterpart in this first-ever big-screen team-up, some new set photos of Henry Cavill as Superman’s alter ego Clark Kent, courtesy of Henry Cavill News:

By now we’ve seen far more glimpses of Cavill as Kent than as Superman. While the vast majority of his work as the Man of Steel is performed on green screen sound stages and augmented digitally in post-production, but there’s a very good chance that not only will Supes and Bats have to go eyeball to eyeball in BvS, but billionaire Bruce Wayne and intrepid reporter Clark Kent will also face off in public, likely knowing perfectly well who the other really is.

While Argo screenwriter Chris Terrio may be taking a grounded approach to his Batman v Superman script, his Best Picture-winning drama took a harrowing real-life event and infused it with tension and suspense… and at the end of Argo, it turned out to be the universal excitement generated by a pulpy sci-fi flick which saved the day (historical accuracy notwithstanding).

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice opens in theaters on May 16th, 2016.

{>____<}

I have a question. Whenever Batman and Superman brawl, Batman wears a heavy duty armor suit.

How much do you think that suit weighs?

In The Return of the Dark Knight, when Batman was walking, he cracked asphalt. I'm assuming that the suit has a lot of power almost equal to Superman's.

The force of the suit has to be around 60 tons or more.

Quote Originally Posted by IrOnMaN View Post
    I have a question. Whenever Batman and Superman brawl, Batman wears a heavy duty armor suit.

How much do you think that suit weighs?

In The Return of the Dark Knight, when Batman was walking, he cracked asphalt. I'm assuming that the suit has a lot of power almost equal to Superman's.

The force of the suit has to be around 60 tons or more.
    yes the suit weights alot but the science of exo suits/skeletons is that they can be extra weight on you without you feeling the extra weight, some are meant to tell you brain that you are still your normal size..let me add on too that his later version exo suits had kryptonite gloves on them so yeah...superman aint want none of that

Fan-made

Nice fan art. Wonder Woman looks great but very young in that pic. Does WW have a certain age in the comics? Sorry if that's a stupid question, I'm more up to speed with Marvel than DC.

Looking forward to seeing Amy Adams return as Lois, I thought she did really well in Man of Steel.

Digging deeper into DC online, going to watch those episodes of Gotham later tonight.
    Retired.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/batman...news/?a=111982

That's a Wrap! BATMAN V SUPERMAN DAWN OF JUSTICE Wraps Filming!

I'm sure this movie will be awesome but the released date is too far away for me to care right now.

Quote Originally Posted by MaskedAvenger View Post
    I'm sure this movie will be awesome but the released date is too far away for me to care right now.
    i feel u on that

the trailer for Batman vs Superman is dropping in theatres next week on tuesday

cool, I'll look out for it.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

http://dailysuperheroes.com/doomsday...confirmed-bvs/

Doomsday No Longer A Rumor: Confirmed For BVS

Doomsday, one of the most versatile characters to threaten the DC Universe, has long been rumored to appear in the upcoming Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice. Its presence is expected to distort the dynamics of the plot significantly. It was, after all, the one who killed Superman once.
    Could another hammer blow of this kind do any good to the franchise? And could the blue A-lister return, again, with twofold glory and surprise? The precedent surely mitigates the possible effect of such a feeble scenario. If this is, in fact, the case. Which no one knows, since Snyder and David S. Goyer aired nothing out about its key role. Apparently, a world of surprises in process for the big screen in 2016.
    Doomsday is key to Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice

Destruction of Superman is the distinct feat of Doomsday. Are we right to assume each of its appearances innately leads to such a development? If not, how else can its role be essential to the plot? Can we, on the contrary, speculate it will be the typical enemy figure that brings the three lead characters together?
    Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman are bound to unite. And Doomsday is confirmed for the next spinoff. Any commonsensical fan who tries to connect the dots can only conclude as above. All in all, the latest news from Snyder and Goyer benefit the fans with a crucial piece of the puzzle that will unravel no sooner than 2016.
    What about The Joker’s appearance?

The Joker too has an intriguing role in Batman V Superman. His insinuating presence doesn’t result in an actual appearance. Well, he is there, in the universe, even presumably played by Jared Leto, but “we don’t see him in this movie, though”, as Badass Digest reports. The plate is full anyway, crammed with supervillans and superheroes.
    Clearly, according to the latest news, Doomsdays is in, The Joker is out. Sort of. It’s up to each fan’s sentiment and take on the DC Universe to speculate at will until further details air out.