Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: A Better Tommorow will be accesible WU says M-Eighty having heard it

Default A Better Tommorow will be accesible WU says M-Eighty having heard it

Interview last night saying he has heard a lot of the album and it is a mixture of both 8 Diagramz and The Wu Flag

Goes on to discuss what he has heard and how accessible the album will be

Linkage http://conspiracyworldwide.podomatic...09_22_09-07_00

M-Eighty is approx 1 hour 52 minutes

1.52 is a good starting point as it discusses the finer points of jacking off (massive 'nhjic'), 'Wolf of Wall Street' style, followed by NORE's excellent 'Lion in the jungle'.

First Eighty discusses Canibus, then @ 2.07 the chances of a Horsemen album.

2.10 is where Eighty talks about 'Once Upon A Time in Shaolin'.

Pretty interesting interview, thanks for posting this.
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 05-17-2014 at 02:13 PM.
    Retired.

Banned

It mixes the two weakest and least cohesive clan albums. Cool shit can't wait.
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoeshiner View Post
    Interview last night saying he has heard a lot of the album and it is a mixture of both 8 Diagramz and The Wu Flag
    The way I heard it I actually thought he said 'mixture of 'The W' & '8 Diagrams'. 'The W' was very good imo. Not on the level of the first two albums, but still.
    Retired.

take snoop and busta off THE W and I mostly have no problems with it. they have TEN mcs! there's no reason for any outside features and mathematics' fake swizz beat for "clap". (mathematics is always the one trying to drag wu into some mainstream shit). oh also the fake skits. I used to hate THE W.

but my man talked to raekwon about his not protesting "a better tomorrow" and I have to say, I'm on rae's side now. completely. I thought that it was just a MCF thing, but that's unlikely given that it's a clan album. what it is is he feels the tone, production, and a few other things needed to get right, and that he wasnt gonna just do it just to throw something out there.

given rza's most recent output, maaan I don't know. I hate to say it, but it's just not good. his strengths are in detailed, sample-based collages of sound like "iron maiden" and "knowledge god" etc. who gives a fuck if some asshole at sam ash told him he wasnt a real musician. okay, you learned to play the guitar. good for you! except you suck at it and all the music you make yourself with it and with your keyboards ARE NOT THE MOVES

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

if the tracks are dark and grimy like "careful, click click" we may have something

it sounds like rza is going in the complete opposite direction though

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow Daene View Post
    take snoop and busta off THE W and I mostly have no problems with it. they have TEN mcs! there's no reason for any outside features and mathematics' fake swizz beat for "clap". (mathematics is always the one trying to drag wu into some mainstream shit). oh also the fake skits. I used to hate THE W.
    I agree with you on taking Snoop, and Busta off the W, however I had no problem with Clap.

I hope on A Better Tomorrow Killah Priest is going to be on it. He should have been on a Wu-Tang Clan album along time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by hectis View Post
    II hope on A Better Tomorrow Killah Priest is going to be on it. He should have been on a Wu-Tang Clan album along time ago.
    Amen to that!
    Retired.

I've got to hand it to wu fans for their total unwillingness to give up even when the person you're rooting for has.

The Wu Flag? lol. He means Ironflag, which is ass.

Rza believes that somehow the music he's 'learning' is more 'advanced' than the music he invented.

Dude must really be ashamed of old wu music...

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post

hahahahah lol

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    I've got to hand it to wu fans for their total unwillingness to give up even when the person you're rooting for has.

Rza believes that somehow the music he's 'learning' is more 'advanced' than the music he invented.

Dude must really be ashamed of old wu music...
    It's kind of like a boxer that you grew up watching fighting still, that is past his prime; you know when he fights it's probably not going to turn out well, yet you still hold out hope that the glory days of the past will shine one more time.

Clan albums have steadily got worse. This is the current trajectory:

36 Chamber = Classic
    Forever = Classic
    The W = Cult Classic
    Iron Flag = Good
    8 Diagrams = Weak
    A Better Tomorrow = Horrifying

I hope ABT doesn't follow that trend. We'll see in what? probably August/September?

Iron flag>the w

Non Ignorant Math Team

tbh I always thought 8D was an improvement from the w and iron flag but not as good as the first two wu albums.

NON-IGS