Thread: Three early Super Rare Jay Dee productions

Default Three early Super Rare Jay Dee productions

now these records are not even in the official Stones Throw discography or the extensive Wikipedia list, hence the rare because this is definitely Dilla of Detroit. the first (heard up top) is actually the first song he ever produced on an official release as far as I know, albeit as a White Label only but still...

The second are two songs from an EP by Detroit female emcee crew The Katz, from 1996 and they do definitely have that Jay Dee/SV/5-Ela flavor. the EP had three tracks produced by Dilla so there's one missing, and it wasn't available in more than one pressing an on cassette nevertheless.

to read more about this and stream and in the Katz songs download in these two Lost Tapes article... this is truly something for the real Dilla heads (and i know we are a few on here):

THE KATZ - "FUNNY" / "HAPPY DAYZ" ('96)

T.H.I.Q.U.E. - "SWEET" ('93)

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

these are dope finds for any Dilla fan

thanks C7, always got the goods...... so far I only listened to the youtube you posted but it definitely has that early Dilla vibe, almost might have been a good fit on Beats, Rhymes and Life

yeah i agree, one thing that is interesting about the 1993 T.H.I.Q.U.E. 12" EP is that it says that all tracks are produced by Jay Dee and Abé and beside "Sweet One" and two mixes there's also two additional songs as well... would love o hear those as well + the missing Katz/Dilla joint

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!