Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Middle eastern men have problems controlling their urges when women don't wear burkas

Default Middle eastern men have problems controlling their urges when women don't wear burkas

** some

--- Iran Says Take Off the Veil—and Be Raped

A Facebook campaign calling for women to remove their head scarves has infuriated Iran’s conservatives. Now they’re claiming on national TV that the instigator, Masih Alinejad, was gang-raped in London in front of her young son.

By Shima Shahrabi for IranWire

Exiled Iranian journalist Masih Alinejad got under the skin of the Islamic Republic with “My Stealthy Freedom,” a Facebook campaign encouraging women in Iran to post photographs of themselves not wearing the compulsory headscarves. The page has attracted some 482,000 “likes” and commanded considerable international attention.

Now, Iran has hit back with a thinly veiled lie, broadcasting on state television in late May that Alinejad had been assaulted and raped by three men in London in the presence of her son. Two days later, a hardliner commentator and TV personality called Alinejad a “whore who should not be elevated to the level of a heretic.”

It didn’t take long for Alinejad to answer back, posting a video clip of herself singing a famous Iranian song about freedom on a London tube station platform near where Iran’s state television had claimed she was assaulted. She intends to file a complaint with the Iranian judiciary against the Iranian television station who broadcast the false claims.

“My son and I are living a proud and peaceful life,” Alinejad wrote on Facebook. “Sometimes when I burst out singing he starts laughing. I wish from the bottom of my heart that I could break into song in a metro station in my own country and that nobody would assault my intellect.”

Alinejad spoke with IranWire about the slander and how she plans to fight it.

IranWire: Why did you decide to respond to Iranian state television by publishing a video of you singing in a London Tube station?

Alinejad: I thought a lot about how to answer this brazen lie but I could not come up with anything. I only knew that they [hardliner politicians in Iran] are frightened by people dancing happily, by singing, and by women without hijab. They try to say that anybody who dances, anybody who sings or rejoices or removes her headscarf will be raped. I didn’t make the video after Iranian TV broadcast its report—it was done before. But after the broadcast, I decided to upload it.

With this video I wanted to tell them that rape may happen anywhere in the world, but I can sing freely in this country and I am unharmed. In my own country, however, even my dreams have been raped. Thugs exist everywhere in the world but in our country it is the law that rapes us.

How did you hear about the report?

A new page called “the Islamic Republic” has been launched on Facebook and it was the first to report it. I immediately sent an email to Facebook and told them that the report was a lie. But Facebook replied that removing the page was against freedom of speech and its rules. The report said that three people had raped me in front of my son. Unfortunately, Facebook did not remove the report and it became the source for Islamic Republic television. The rumor is that Iranian state television is itself behind the Facebook page.

What did you feel when Iranian TV broadcast the report?

To be honest, I have practiced remaining indifferent to this kind of news a thousand times. But when I see these sorts of lies in Iranian media, my eyes swell up with tears and I start shaking. I cannot believe that they have spent millions of people’s money to offend our intelligence. I cannot lie and say that I am strong and I remain calm. I am strong but I feel the pain. I am just one example, but Iranian TV has over and over again accused Iranians living inside the country of things they haven’t done. They have no recourse whatsoever.

Your family lives in Iran. What was their reaction?

I prefer not to involve them. I believe that Iranian TV wishes to destabilize my family, who live in a small town. In any case, it is painful for any family to sit in front of the television and hear such a sad and disgusting story about their daughter.

How did people respond on social media and on your own Facebook page?

I never believed that I would be supported in this way, but my colleagues everywhere have supported me. They [the regime] try to sever connections between those living outside and those based inside Iran. They accuse old friends and colleagues of terrible things, even if they do something simple like return a greeting on Facebook. But this behavior was so brazen and immoral that even reporters who are under pressure or who are normally critical of me reacted. They said it was it was not right to remain silent in the face of such corrupt behavior.

My Facebook inbox is full of threats using vulgar words similar to those used by Iranian TV. People have asked repeatedly: “Are you sure nothing happened? Can you prove that it did not happen?”

Is this a new tactic or it has happened before?

I think it’s the first time a child has been involved in this kind of false story, the first time they have said a child has witnessed the rape of his mother. It is the first time that Iranian TV has publicized this type of report in such a brazen manner. Their goal is to frighten women who have objected to forced hijab. They want to tell them that [by posting photos to the “My Stealthy Freedom” page] they report for a journalist who is so corrupt she has been stripped naked in front of her son and raped.

You wrote on your Facebook page that you plan to file a complaint with the Iranian judiciary.

As a journalist who lives outside Iran, I am constantly targeted by Iranian TV and hardliners. I prefer to ask for help through my Facebook page. If a lawyer helps me, I’d like to see my case followed through the Iranian judicial system. I have my doubts if any conclusions could be reached on my case. Still, I don’t want to give in.

You could actually be criticized for having faith in the Iranian judiciary.

I know that it might get nowhere, but this is my only recourse. I do not want to give in.
    Last edited by check two; 06-09-2014 at 12:24 PM.

This is the difference between Islam and Christianity. Islam try's to cover everything up and blame everything on other people. Instead of acknowledging that the human race is flawed and accepting the notion of personal responsibility for your actions.

No matter how religious you are, you can't control everything in the world around you. But Islam is attempting to do that. To try and control everything around you is utter madness, and the only way you could possibly attempt to live a life like that, is to go and live as a monk in the wilderness where there is nobody else except you. Where as Christianity is more realistic and has the approach of 1. Self control but 2. Being like children when it comes to evil. The second rule is perfect in my opinion, because it allows you some freedom. In the sense that you don't have to take everything that is wrong in this world so seriously. Because if you did you would just go mad.

Where as if your become like Children you will escape punishment, because children live in this world and are often oblivious to it's true ways and even when they do something wrong it's usually innocent.

Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    Do not be like children in your thinking, my friends; be children so far as evil is concerned

Iran must be a horrible place to live in under such government.

Two weeks ago when I visited my folks I saw parts of a documentary on prostitution in Iran. Not that this is directly related to what is reported in the newspaper article above, I'm just saying you can't stop people and their urges, no matter how strict your religion and/or government is.

Men raping women over not wearing a veil because of sexual attraction is NOT such an urge. But it might become an excuse to do so now...
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by zooruka View Post
    This is the difference between Islam and Christianity. Islam try's to cover everything up and blame everything on other people. Instead of acknowledging that the human race is flawed and accepting the notion of personal responsibility for your actions.
    The difference isn't in the religion though, it's in the people with power who skews their religion and manipulates others into accepting their faulty logic as truth. You have christian cults who do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones
    I didn't like it because of the beats.

Quote Originally Posted by GhettoGnom View Post
    The difference isn't in the religion though, it's in the people with power who skews their religion and manipulates others into accepting their faulty logic as truth. You have christian cults who do the same.
    I agree and disagree. I agree as I think a lot of Christians are fakes who skew the religion (Even the so called normal ones). I disagree because if you shine a light on the teachings of Islam, you will see Islam for what it is, and this has nothing to do with faulty logic or skewing of the religion. Islam is just a bad/evil piece of theology.

I don't care how much fake Muslims try to justify Islam. I believe that all these radical islamists are doing exactly what Islam instructs people to do.
    Last edited by zooruka; 06-10-2014 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zooruka View Post
    I agree and disagree. I agree as I think a lot of Christians are fakes who skew the religion (Even the so called normal ones). I disagree because if you shine a light on the teachings of Islam, you will see Islam for what it is, and this has nothing to do with faulty logic or skewing of the religion. Islam is just a bad/evil piece of theology.

I don't care how much fake Muslims try to justify Islam. I believe that all these radical islamists are doing exactly what Islam instructs people to do.
    I agree. I think all religions are illogical and restrict a persons worldview but Islam seems to be the worst. You have to note that its the 'fundamentalists'; the ones that follow the religion most fervently that are the most cruel and restrictive towards others.

If you read some of the things in the hadiths and korans you'll trip. Comparing islam with other religions simply makes no sense. It's not by force that we pretend all things are equal.

Irondan 2: Curly's Gold Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster's Avatar

too sexy, i'd still rape
    --youreallfags.

Quote Originally Posted by Tectrus Moa View Post
    I'm sorry? Negro English? I think you mean Ebonics.

Quote Originally Posted by Wu-Tang Forum Internet Poster View Post

too sexy, i'd still rape

Last edited by Rev Jones; 06-15-2014 at 06:04 PM.
    Retired.

Banned

Islam is barbaric and backwards and should have been left in the dark ages. Not all middle eastern people are Muslims though and Muslim or Christian it doesn't matter because middle eastern youth are out of control fuckwits. A total plague on Western society.

When Arabs in Sydney were going around in gangs raping any women with a pulse their Muslim community leaders were publicly blaming the women because they don't wear burkas and hijabs, essentially that these people couldn't control themselves as a normal person should.
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hound View Post
    it doesn't matter because middle eastern youth are out of control fuckwits. A total plague on Western society.

Muslims in general don't respect society or laws because of there religion. They have a superiority complex and won't accept anything except the rule of Islam.

Quote Originally Posted by Panda Piss Ralph View Post
    Can we get a Works of IronDan Thread: The Tectrus Moa Collection?
    i have been wanting to document my life's work before i die, but transcribing your soul upon the parchment of a websites forum is no trifling task to be taken lightly

so maybe, but it seems like a lot of work
    --youreallfags.

--youreallfags.

Prince Rai

During the Spanish Inquisition, our views would skew to the idea that Christianity is the most evil if you lived in the areas affected by the Spanish at the time.

Ultimately all religion have the amazing ability to cloak pure evil into looking justifiable. Religion masks dirty cultural traits and can engender harmful thoughts.

Islam is just as culpable as Christianity and Judaism. Only Muslims today are at their worst because of intrinsic confusion as to what identity they seek and who they perceive as 'enemies'. Christian 'issues' are admittedly more relatively benign today on a larger scale but still need constant attending to.

My problem is that people still 'need' religion lol. Being constantly told what to do and believe - when all that is free to master on your own.