Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: R&B Thread

The Thrill of It All spammy sosa's Avatar

Half the songs I heard a year ago but 'Goddess' is still my AOTY so far.

this is the best r&b singer right now

This Demo Tape of Missy and Tims old crew is about 20 years old and still sounds like the future:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5y...+Demo+Tape.zip

Missys first group produced by Timbaland:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/xi...d+Da+World.zip

Default Jodeci to reunite for ‘Soul Train Awards’

Jodeci to reunite for ‘Soul Train Awards’

Fans can’t help but go back to a time when life was easier and music had an “oohhh yeahhh and combat boots” type of greatness when recalling Jodeci’s heyday, and they’ll be able to do just that when the fellas reunite for the 2014 Soul Train Awards.

The group, described as “The Black Beatles of R&B and Hip Hop,” by its label head Louis Burrell, will release its first song in 18 years entitled “Nobody Wins.”

In addition, Dalvin “Mr. Dalvin” Degrate recently told Yahoo Music that Jodeci’s forthcoming album boasts “a body of work that really represents us as a group and represents what people are expecting to hear from Jodeci as a group. People will be pleasantly surprised.”

The new album will primarily be self-produced with additional production by their old collaborator and friend, Timbaland. In addressing the group’s presumed “break-up.” Dalvin shared, “People thought just because we weren’t seen together we had broken up, but that is a misconception.”

As far as the group member’s battles with drugs, alcohol and internal strife, Dalvin reasoned that everyone faces obstacles in life.

“I look at it like this, everybody in the world has issues. Nobody’s perfect.”

Not only will Jodeci perform a snippet of “Nobody Wins,” a song discouraging domestic violence, but they’ll also perform a medley of their old hits. It will undoubtedly be a moment that will have everybody talking for days afterwards…hopefully for good reason. With as much talent as Jodeci had, being one the best R&B groups to ever do it, there’s no reason that this comeback attempt can’t be a successful one…if done right.

Been waiting for this to happen.

-

Daffy Duck, thanks for posting Jamie Foxx's Blame It On The Alcohol video. That's my jam. Morris Chestnut, Bill Bellamy, Clifton Powell, Tatyana Ali, Dollicia Bryan, Samuel Jackson, Forest Whitaker, Ron Howard, Quincy Jones, Cedric The Entertainer, Alex Thomas, Letoya Luckett of Destiny's Child were in the video. Props to Jamie for having them in the video. ShaDynasty, thanks for posting information about Jodeci. I'm not really a fan of them but they're good singers. I do have their Diary Of A Mad Band album and i like Forever My Lady song. I know their black women fans are happy about them working on a new album. I like K-Ci's remake of Bobby Womack's If You Think Your Lonely Now song. RIP Bobby Womack. He was from my hometown Cleveland, Ohio. My grandfather who's dead said he had some friends who knew Bobby.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

PRODIGAL SUN

Last edited by BrokenWrists; 11-07-2014 at 02:06 AM.

PRODIGAL SUN

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenWrists View Post
    Might wanna wait a few weeks before you deck the halls.
    Retired.

Daffy Duck, thanks for posting Jamie Foxx's Blame It On The Alcohol video. That's my jam. Morris Chestnut, Bill Bellamy, Clifton Powell, Tatyana Ali, Dollicia Bryan, Samuel Jackson, Forest Whitaker, Ron Howard, Quincy Jones, Cedric The Entertainer, Alex Thomas, Letoya Luckett of Destiny's Child were in the video. Props to Jamie for having them in the video. ShaDynasty, thanks for posting information about Jodeci. I'm not really a fan of them but they're good singers. I do have their Diary Of A Mad Band album and i like Forever My Lady song. I know their black women fans are happy about them working on a new album. I like K-Ci's remake of Bobby Womack's If You Think Your Lonely Now song. RIP Bobby Womack. He was from my hometown Cleveland, Ohio. My grandfather who's dead said he had some friends who knew Bobby.
    You don't like The Show The After Party The Hotel? Theres a nice mix of uptempo and ballads on there. But Diary is probably their best album.

One of my favorite R&B groups, they made 3 great albums and then Devante (allegedly) went crazy and the group disintegrated. I hope the album comes together the way it should and i'm glad Timbalands back in the mix.

-

I heard Jodeci's last album and I didn't like it. I do like their song Get On Up that's on their last album. That's a nice jam. I remember they did a video for it. I didn't know Devante had some personal problems but everybody has that. I don't know why people act like celebrities don't have personal problems. K-Ci and Jo Jo were using drugs and they were alcoholics. They talked about those issues on their reality show. I never watched their reality show but I saw a couple of commercials for it. My mom's sister and my mom's brother's girlfriend met K-Ci when he came to Cleveland to do a concert and I saw the picture they took with him. Feenin song is nice and I saw the video a long time ago. Rapper Bun B of UGK sampled their Cry For You song on Your Everything with David Banner, Rick Ross, 8Ball and MJG. That's a nice song by Bun B and I like the video. R Kelly also sampled their Alone song on VIP on his double album called R. Have you heard Jodeci's Let's Go Through The Motions on Who's The Man soundtrack? That's a nice jam and I like the video.

The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

PRODIGAL SUN

RIP Bobby Blue Bland

-

Daffy Duck, thanks for posting TLC's Creep video. I wanna have sex with T-Boz and Chilli LOL. T-Boz has gained a little weight but she still looks good. I love lightskin black women. RIP Left Eye. She was cute too.