Default New Gotham TV Show

'Gotham' Is a Fascinating Take on Batman — Without a Batman

https://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/-...202431686.html

Banned

Is it based on Gotham City Central because those books were dope
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

yea im gonna be watching this

1st Episode was good, kinda wish it turns into a batman show, but that wont happen

I read that it'll probably take a year for it to show up on Netflix. Looking forward to this though.

Banned

SO I see people on twitter dissing the shit out of Gotham saying how terrible it was, it couldn't be that bad surely?
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

its a good show
    better than agents of shield

one thing DC does well are its tv shows (smallville, arrow)
    marvel not sooo much but are doing good at the movies

courtesy of Bobby_Digital72

Non Ignorants

Just watched an introductory documentary on the show and its cast and then I watched the pilot.

Some of the acting - especially the dialogue - was pretty bad, some of the music (in that chase scene for instance) was cheesy and some of the scenes were cliché (the good cop corrupt cop thing is so played out) but the pilot definitely picked up in the final third of the episode where the plot was much less obvious. Also, that guy who plays the Penguin acts really well.

Paradoxically, I might have liked the pilot more if I hadn't watched that documentary right before because quite a few scenes from the pilot were shown in it so I got a 'recycled' feel watching the first episode.

The problem with this pilot or even series is that the police procedurial thing makes it look as if you're just going through the motions. If they toss in more villains, which they're bound to do (most of the iconic ones were introduced in the pilot in one way or another) I think the police type thing will be less of an issue.

I thought this was about as bad the Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. pilot (which I liked just a little better) but that series picked up after a few episodes, so I'm definitely watching all of the other episodes of Gotham released so far to find out how they develop the story lines. I cannot compare to 'Arrow' as I haven't seen that show - but it's on my bucket list.

Any opinions on more recent episodes?

EDIT : That girl who plays Selena / Cat has a face that really resembles a young Michelle Pfeiffer's, it's uncanny!
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 11-08-2014 at 05:22 PM.
    Retired.

Episode 4 was excellent, here's where the Penguin carefully unfolds his plan.

The bits with young Bruce Wayne and his conversations with James Gordon are starting to feel obligatory...

EDIT : watched all episodes so far. After E3 things really pick up. Who still watches this?
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 11-08-2014 at 11:25 PM.
    Retired.

I still watch it and I enjoy it!

I dont think the acting this that bad.
    the penguin is spot on ! they picked a good actor to play him.

The storyline is pretty good, mafia corrupt run town, mafia wars, corrupt cops, a stand up cop etc
    sure its played out but thats pretty much gotham

They will introduce the graysons in the next episodes
    they wont be villains tho.

I find it hilarious that alfred has a hard australian accent
    im just waiting for him to say "young master bruce, dinner is served...ya cunt"

courtesy of Bobby_Digital72

Non Ignorants

^^Looking forward to the Graysons being introduced.

The latest episode, 'The Mask' (E8) was very good imo. The writers are doing a great job at moving forward all of the various story lines within the confines of a single episode whilst at the same time also conjuring up a new case that has to be solved by the end of the episode. Those 43 minutes fly by in no time.

What I liked about this episode was how the relationship between James Gordon and the rest of the police force keeps shifting back and forward.

Also, I want to see more of Moonie Fish's secret weapon Lisa...

Damn, Makenzie Leigh is fine.

Lots of beautiful actresses on this show actually.

Erin Richards as Barbara.

Victoria Cartagena as Renee Montoya of the MCU.

And finally I've also gotten used to Jada Pinkett Smith's deliberate overacting so I can now enjoy all of her scenes as Fish Moonie.

Good thing the original run of 16 episodes was extended to 22 for the first season.
    Retired.

I think the show is great

this week introduced a big player in Batman folklore. Definitely one of the better episodes imo.

I like how they are just building everything up adding different characters

EP9 was decent, not great imo. The new character introduced was well played, the Arkham thingy was cool too. Good surprise ending as well. Trying not to give anything away here for those who still have to watch this.

The scenes with young Bruce Wayne are definitely growing on me as they don't feel obligatory/formulaic any more, they are an integral part of the overall story now. They have him interact with more characters now.

On the other hand, a lot of story lines were continued here, but the episode didn't have that much of its own story. Still, not bad at all.
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 11-18-2014 at 02:27 PM.
    Retired.

still watching this

last episode was cool. good additions to the story and will be interesting to see where they take it. the Penguins storyline is getting deep

plus for anyone who has seen firefly, you have the chance to see this beauty again

I hope she lasts for a few more episodes
    watched the 5 most recent eps yesterday, the show is still going strong indeed

next ep is called The Scarecrow

I thought they would bring back the character they seemed to have poised as the Joker in the first few episodes (Fish Moonie's love interest who was supposed to get a comedy gig on stage), but we are to think he was killed off screen

some guy on reddit launched a theory which says the Penguin will actually evolve into the Joker
    http://www.popsugar.com/entertainmen...Joker-36010902

I like how the show keeps a young Poison Ivy in the mix, as well Edward Nigma.

might have stated this before, but it freaks me out how much the girl who plays Selina Kyle looks like a young Michelle Pfeiffer
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 02-09-2015 at 11:30 AM.
    Retired.