Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Gotham TV Show

should be good this week

they will bring Joker into it soon I think, but I don't recall if they have done anything with Red Hood yet and need to bring that part of the story into it, without that I wont accept anyone to be the Joker lol

the scarecrow origin story was really well put together

they got the visuals right too imo

great episode, lots of storylines

no red hood yet, no return of the joker either

2 future batman foes meet for the first time though in 'The Scarecrow' - and neither of them is the Scarecrow
    Retired.

yea would be nice to see a sane gullible joker being tricked into robberies as red hood..lets see what happens

maybe the penguin will have something to do with it?

there was some apparent easter egg hinting at the joker on the arkham riot episode.
    when arkham had that riot and the nurse died from getting trampled on,
    her red lipstick was smeared and you hear a diabolical laugh (like the joker) in the background when they zoom in on her face.
    Last edited by chiba; 02-13-2015 at 12:56 AM.

courtesy of Bobby_Digital72

Non Ignorants

Quote Originally Posted by chiba View Post
    maybe the penguin will have something to do with it

there was some easter egg hinting at the joker
    when arkham had that riot and the nurse died.
    her red lipstick was smeared and you hear a diabolical laugh (like the joker) in the background.
    this

Banned

i like the show a lot, but i hate that it goes from cheesy to serious back to cheesy again.

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    i like the show a lot, but i hate that it goes from cheesy to serious back to cheesy again.
    to me that was mainly an issue on the first few episodes

when it comes to origin stories the latest episode 'The Fortune Teller' has a few tricks up its sleeve, not the best episode here but still rewarding for
    Batman fans when it comes to canon

regarding the origin stories mentioned above, I don't like including spoilers, you'll only want to read this article after having watched the episode :
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...-heller-773230

also, this

Morena Baccarat (Dr Leslie 'Lee' Thompkins' on the show), who was also on Firefly, will be in the Tim Miller directed 'Deadpool' with Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool's love interest

find out more here http://www.themarysue.com/morena-bac...deadpool-lead/
    Retired.

glad the show is back on

*MILD SPOILERS AHEAD*

Beasts of Prey was a nice little episode, the storyline with Fish on the island takes an interesting turn

as always the Penguin is scheming, as is Commissioner Loeb, whose plan I didn't see coming

but the best part was just one scene with Bruce and Selina when they confront Reginald, showing just how differently they might develop especially after what has just happened

*REAL SPOILERS AHEAD*
    there's some lazy writing to the show though when Fish escapes and is apparently simply allowed to enter and leave the dungeon when she pleases, no guards seemingly posted there. also Reginald just happens to be drugged when Bruce & Selina confront him, which makes it easy for them to get the info they need. I thought both these things were pretty unrealistic within the framework of the show
    Retired.

Nigma's coming into his own

Penguin's gonna snap in the next ep I think, it's gonna be a full on massacre

I like how the current crime case is drawn out over a few eps, they should have done that before
    Retired.

Is that Harley Quinn?

Banned

Haven't gotten into this yet....wish it was added to Netflix since I don't have cable anymore and pretty much only watch certain TV shows online through a streaming provider due to lack of time, so aside from Walking Dead, GoT, American Horror Story, Bates Motel & Hell on Wheels I just wait for it to be added....

I agree they need to incorporate Red Hood before jumping the gun to The Joker, but that's FOX for ya...

Funny how Ra's al Ghul is in Arrow but not this? I don't recall Green Arrow ever dealing w/ him, but I stand to be corrected since I was more-so a MARVEL/IMAGE guy than DC in my adolesence, but have come around to prefer DC a lot more now.

'Gotham' Finale Postmortem: The Cast on That Big Reveal and What's in Store for Season 2

*Warning: This post contains storyline and character spoilers for this week’s Gotham season finale.*

Well, the smoke has cleared in Gotham: Fish Mooney and Don Falcone are out (for now), and Don Maroni is out (for good). Ed Nygma and Selina Kyle are much closer to becoming the Riddler and Catwoman; Gordon is becoming the lawman that Gotham needs; and Bruce has discovered the future Batcave. We spoke with the cast and creators to get their take on the finale, and what Season 2 has in store for them.

The discovery of the cave is the biggest Batman reveal of the season. Aside from the death of his parents and the moment where a flurry of bats convinces him to don a cape and cowl, the cave — where Bruce Wayne becomes the Dark Knight, and vice versa — is the most important piece of the puzzle.

So we have a Lucius Fox, and we have a cave… will we get to see a young Batboy swing into action next season? “I couldn’t be more looking forward to it,” says David Mazouz about engaging in some physical scenes, though he admits he doesn’t know what’s in store. Executive producer John Stephens hints, “I think there might be a little more than Season 1. [But] he’s not going to have a Batarang or anything.”

For Stephens, the cave represents both Bruce’s investigation into the death of his parents and his own development as a person. “Going into the Batcave is the first step in finding out who his father really was,” says Stephens, adding that it’s a “very physical, Jungian way of becoming a different person. In Season 2, Bruce will become a different person than he was in Season 1, and the journey into the Batcave helps to show that in a really objective way.“

Another fractured personality, Ed Nygma, also came into his own in the finale. Cory Michael Smith, whose shy and quiet demeanor seems like the mirror-universe version of Nygma — the friendly one who you’d actually want to hang out with — has nothing but sympathy for his character, despite his actions. Though he’s clearly destined for bigger and badder things, at this point, he’s really just a guy with good intentions.
    “When something horrible happens like an accidental homicide… arguably initiated accidentally,” Smith says with a grin, “but executed with much force and purpose… like any good serial killer, you start to leave clues. You want people to understand how smart you are.”

Nygma may not have villainous intentions, but Oswald Cobblepot definitely does. Through a combination of ambition, cunning, ruthlessness, and a bit of dumb luck, the Penguin is now the king of Gotham’s underworld. Robin Lord Taylor, full of the same twitchy energy that fuels his character (though decidedly less homicidal), foresees trouble for everybody’s favorite mama’s boy, now that he’s seized the reins of power.

“We’re all under this misconception that once [our] goals are fulfilled, everything will be solved and all problems will be over,” Taylor says. “But really no, all it does is open a whole new set of problems.” Now that he’s on top, Taylor says he’s not sure that the Penguin’s ready for it. “I don’t know how well he will be able to navigate that… It takes a lot to keep all those people off your back. There is always someone there to take you down.”

Selina Kyle began the season as a thief and ended it as a murderer, killing a man who threatened to expose her and Bruce. But Camren Bicondova — a wicked bundle of energy who all but muscles Smith away for her chance to be interviewed — says it wasn’t a journey for her character: She’s always been that way. “She does anything that’s necessary if either [she] or anybody that she cares about is in danger,” says Bicondova, though she doesn’t think Bruce understands her reasons, which complicates their relationship.

And even though she appears to have embraced her criminal side more, Bicondova believes Selina’s core values haven’t changed: “She’s definitely the same survivor, yet kindhearted person. She’s just going into a different area in her life.” What about next season? Will Bruce be able to draw her to his side, or are there more bodies in her future? “Anything is possible with Selina. She goes off of her instinct, and with that? You never know.”

Gotham will return for Season 2 on Fox.
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 05-05-2015 at 08:52 AM.
    Retired.

looking back on the whole season now I can say really enjoyed it. the first few episodes had quite a few problems (lots of shift in tone and also Jada Pinkett Smith's overacting as Fish) but then show hit its stride with some nice character development, I got used to Fish. also the young Bruce story gained traction along the way

the best thing about the show was Robin Taylor's stand out performance as the Penguin. Nygma was portrayed well too and was given some nice character development in the last few episodes. the overseas story line for Fish worked well too

for season 2 I hope to see a bit of Poison Ivy again, who will still be very young, a return maybe of Scarecrow and finally some Joker action. as to the Joker I wonder if they will bring back some of the characters who were hinted at as possibly being the Joker (the gypsy kid from that one episode or the stand up comedian from the first two episodes). hopefully Victor Zsasz makes a few more appearances, maybe as a henchman for Penguin. and I don't believe we've seen the last of Fish
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 05-05-2015 at 09:00 AM.
    Retired.

Season 2 will kick off with Joker's origin story, later in the season Mr Freeze will also turn up. Then there's the rise of the Riddler. We will also be introduced to Clayface & Mad Hatter. (source : cinemablend)
    Retired.

Has this show gotten any better? I watched like the first 6-7 eps and I didn't really like it.