Thread: METHOD MAN - "PLO Style" [Pete Rock '90s Remix]

Default METHOD MAN - "PLO Style" [Pete Rock '90s Remix]

Here's a real gem for Wu-Tang and Pete Rock fans, an underground remix made by Pete in '94/early '95 for the Future Flavaz show (which premiered a lot of incredible stuff never released in any official capacity). as it's ripped from an old cassette the sound quality leaves a lot to be desire but this is a banger, i can only imagine how dope this would be in a HQ version on CD. the track runs for 3 minutes and is followed by ODB doing a "Shimmy Shimmy Ya" freestyle over Mobb Deep's "Survival Of The Fittest" beat, though it cuts off way too early... MAD THANKS to DJ Communist for this incredible gem!

this should've been the B-side to the 12", but then again there were so many dope exclusive Pete Rock and Marley Marl remixes and instrumentals on the Future Favrors show throughout the years. this definitely sounds like an homage to RZA's style of the day.

"P.L.O. Style" (PETE ROCK Future Flavors Remix)
    Last edited by claaa7; 06-18-2014 at 11:31 AM.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

daaaaamn

aint that some shit right there. Pete Rock is a straight up genius

The Pete Rock instrumental https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJ0CU04hSTc
    -----------------------

Thanks for the gem!
    Retired.

Shaolin Master

i've heard a version plo style with the straighten it out instrumental by pete rock

dope shit...repped

Wu-Veteran

Sick. respect 4 the link

Sheeeeeeeeeesh

Your fav. artist's artist fatboybrandon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    as it's ripped from an old cassette the sound quality leaves a lot to be desire but this is a banger, i can only imagine how dope this would be in a HQ version on CD.
    Yeah the sound of my tapes have decreased over time but I think the rip is close enough to what I remember the Hot 97 FM stream was. Hopefully Pete puts out the song remastered in HQ format for us fans.

Here is the same audio uploaded back in 2010 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxXfwHzCzo0

claaa7 coming thru once again

btw any chance you can get hold of the odb part?
    Last edited by Daywalker; 06-19-2014 at 04:33 AM.

^ Silent Whistler, I'm doubtful, would love to hear it myself but i can ask DJ Communist who uploaded this (so all props to him) but i doubt it.. sounds crazy though!!

Brandon, you don't happen to have it?

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Your fav. artist's artist fatboybrandon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    Brandon, you don't happen to have it?
    Unfortunately The ODB Shook Ones freestyle part cuts off abruptly because that's right where the side of the tape ends which I recorded it on. Wish I had access to a DAT back then for more recording time but they cost a fortune. Ed Lover used to have his own show on Hot 97 in the mid 90's, it was a great time.

oh shit, this is your rip? i thought it was ripped by Communist since i downloaded it from him but mad thanks to you for upping this and all the other incredible rare ish you have brought to the table!

Can't someone just put the PLO style acapella over that LB instrumental?
    As for myself: I had come to the conclusion that there was nothing sacred about myself or any human being, that we were all machines, doomed to collide and collide and collide.
    - Kurt Vonnegut

^ that would be dope if someone was able to do it properly, but then you wouldn't get the Pete Rock scratch hook but it still would be cool.. most likely this "PLO Style" remix was done way before the LB joint since that was released in '96 and Pete kept the instrumental.

the same thing happened to Pete Rock's Future Flavas remix of Cappadonna's "Slang Editorial" - the instrumental which he later used for Black Star's "Respiration" remix instead. here's the Cappadonna track for those who don't have it, pretty good quality too... thanks to anyone who ripped this (is that you as well Brandon?):

https://www.sendspace.com/file/ulidyc

EDIT: Btw, do anyone remember the Pete Rock/Wu-Tang Clan compilation i did a couple of years back... damn Wu and Pete sound GREAT together, the link is dead but i'm sure you got all the tracks and are able to put it together by yourself, it's a great front-to-back listen:

http://claaa7.blogspot.com/2011/01/p...tang-clan.html
    Last edited by claaa7; 06-20-2014 at 04:27 AM.