Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: B.I.G/Meth - The What original version (unheard verses)

Default B.I.G/Meth - The What original version (unheard verses)

Some may have heard this but some may not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDsLCmxzAJI

The whole Ready to Die OG Version album is raw, some good uncensored tracks and different mixes, Pete Rock's remix of Juicy is dope.

Heres the full album for those who might not have heard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpODGdH47-c
    Last edited by CashRules; 06-22-2014 at 02:50 PM.
    -----------------------

Thanks for putting me on, never knew this album version existed. Can't wait to sit and down with a blunt and a brew and give it a full listen. I found a link for the demo version of the album:

http://www3.zippyshare.com/v/16956993/file.html

Never heard before.

Appreciated.

yeah i used to listen a lot to that "Ready to Die" OG mixtape when it dropped, one of the best mixtapes i've heard probably... i think they did the right thing by replacing "The What", but the original version of "Me & My Bitch" is far superior imo - so wish we could get a high quality version of that somewhere down the line. Same with the Pete Rock remix of "Juicy" which was on the 12", i always liked that mix better as it had more of a raw hip-hop feeling to it... lot of gems on this tape!

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

OG-18* WAT

Mp3 of this track pls.
    La Connoisseur Life

Quote Originally Posted by billo View Post
    Mp3 of this track pls.
    Just use an online youtube converter.
    Retired.

Dope

thx

-----------------------

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    Same with the Pete Rock remix of "Juicy" which was on the 12", i always liked that mix better as it had more of a raw hip-hop feeling to it... lot of gems on this tape!
    Nah that shit [the album version] is classic, it perfectly fits the nostalgic vibe and theme of the song. The PR version sounds better for a DJ set imo.

I would have liked to hear BIG on some more PR beats from that era though, imagine BIG on anything off The Main Ingredient or the INI/Deda album.

only biggie edited his verse on The What it seems as Meth's verses were same as the OG. thanx for the links. repped.

Quote Originally Posted by PANDA PISS View Post
    Nah that shit [the album version] is classic, it perfectly fits the nostalgic vibe and theme of the song. The PR version sounds better for a DJ set imo.

I would have liked to hear BIG on some more PR beats from that era though, imagine BIG on anything off The Main Ingredient or the INI/Deda album.
    to each his own, i have a whole lot of friends that think "Juicy" is one of the greatest things to ever happen in hip-hop - but personally i never really felt it felt right, especiallly in the context of that hardcore hip-hop album. it obviously trying to reach a broader base, which is fine, but i never liked the way the drums were programmed, it sounds very "poppy" imo.... Pete Rock's version fixed all those problems for me, bc i love the small changes he did there, and especially the drums and of course the BIG verses are absoloute classics. this is also why i like the original version "Me & My Bitch" so much better and would love to see this on the retail album instead.

fully agree with that it's a shame that we never got to hear BIG on any more Pete Rock tracks - the stuff he produced when he was alive like you say, DAMN!!!!

one more interesting thing about the OG version is the track "Watchu Want", which was a last minute replacement when DJ Premier finally submitted his "Unbelivable". Preem's track is iller but it still would've been interesting to have a mastered version of "Watchu Want", wonder why they never put that on as a bonus track on any reissues?

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

yeah i used to listen a lot to that "Ready to Die" OG mixtape when it dropped, one of the best mixtapes i've heard probably... i think they did the right thing by replacing "The What", but the original version of "Me & My Bitch" is far superior imo - so wish we could get a high quality version of that somewhere down the line. Same with the Pete Rock remix of "Juicy" which was on the 12", i always liked that mix better as it had more of a raw hip-hop feeling to it... lot of gems on this tape!
    I prefer the this version of Me & My Bitch too and i loved the original, I would pay top money to have all these originals and remixes in high quality, as you say, there are so many gems on the album, its not just a couple of good tracks, i can only imagine how good, they would be if they was finished and mastered.
    -----------------------

My favorite version of Me And My Bitch is the live version over Computer Love on The Show soundtrack.
    As for myself: I had come to the conclusion that there was nothing sacred about myself or any human being, that we were all machines, doomed to collide and collide and collide.
    - Kurt Vonnegut

to each his own, i have a whole lot of friends that think "Juicy" is one of the greatest things to ever happen in hip-hop - but personally i never really felt it felt right, especiallly in the context of that hardcore hip-hop album. it obviously trying to reach a broader base, which is fine, but i never liked the way the drums were programmed, it sounds very "poppy" imo.... Pete Rock's version fixed all those problems for me, bc i love the small changes he did there, and especially the drums and of course the BIG verses are absoloute classics. this is also why i like the original version "Me & My Bitch" so much better and would love to see this on the retail album instead.

fully agree with that it's a shame that we never got to hear BIG on any more Pete Rock tracks - the stuff he produced when he was alive like you say, DAMN!!!!

one more interesting thing about the OG version is the track "Watchu Want", which was a last minute replacement when DJ Premier finally submitted his "Unbelivable". Preem's track is iller but it still would've been interesting to have a mastered version of "Watchu Want", wonder why they never put that on as a bonus track on any reissues?
    Quote Originally Posted by CashRules View Post
    I prefer the this version of Me & My Bitch too and i loved the original, I would pay top money to have all these originals and remixes in high quality, as you say, there are so many gems on the album, its not just a couple of good tracks, i can only imagine how good, they would be if they was finished and mastered.
    So do you guys think this alternate version is better?

RTD one of my favorite albums ever. Having given it a few listens I still think the released version is unbeatable. The original 'Ready To Die' beat is fucking ridiculous though.

I like the album version of Juicy better.
    Here's Pete Rock briefly talking about the beat and meeting BIG.

As for myself: I had come to the conclusion that there was nothing sacred about myself or any human being, that we were all machines, doomed to collide and collide and collide.
    - Kurt Vonnegut