Thread: Turkey throws Muslim's largest LGBT celebration in the world

Default Turkey throws Muslim's largest LGBT celebration in the world

Turkey aint like any other Muslim country, this is kinda normal. Yes its still very conservative but places like Istanbul are kinda liberal.

'

Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post

Busta needs to make her his Queen

Turks make the best kebabs.

Quote Originally Posted by HANZO View Post
    Turkey aint like any other Muslim country, this is kinda normal. Yes its still very conservative but places like Istanbul are kinda liberal.

Is that because they have been trying for ages to be accepted into Europe ????

I knew these Turkish people, who came over from Turkey to study. I asked them about Turkey and all they did was hate on Erdogan, for trying to make the country into an Islamic state. I said doesn't the army stop that sort of thing from happening, and he said since Erdogen came to power he is weakening the army and replacing the countries secular view, with a more Islamic system.
    Last edited by zooruka; 07-02-2014 at 11:12 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by zooruka View Post
    Turks make the best kebabs.
    Yeeros v Kebab, the realest debate of all times
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by zooruka View Post
    Is that because they have been trying for ages to be accepted into Europe ????

I knew these Turkish people, who came over from Turkey to study. I asked them about Turkey and all they did was hate on Erdogan, for trying to make the country into an Islamic state. I said doesn't the army stop that sort of thing from happening, and he said since Erdogen came to power he is weakening the army and replacing the countries secular view, with a more Islamic system.
    Its complicated, i mean Turkey is split down the middle. You have the Erdogan lovers and his haters. He is like Putin an autocrat bordering dictator, but he wins elections fairly. His opponents can't touch him when it comes to politics. There was a massive corruption scandal beginning of this year, you know anywhere else in the world the government would collapse and everyone put in jail. Erdogan has become so powerful no one can touch him, even if there are taped conversations showing his ministers taking bribes and all that.

The army are corrupt themselves, Turkish generals are scum and are useless. They are all millionaires, they are finally doing what they should have been doing for all these years and staying inside their barracks.

Turkey is more conservative now, very different from 20 years ago. I can see the change in society, because i don't live there but go often i see how its all changing. More girls wear the headscarf, you have this conservative middle class now who are all Erdogan supporters. Well educated, wealthy and growing in power and numbers. While the urban, westernised elite are dwindling.

One thing is though Turkey is actually more like a south American country, like Brazil for example. Massive gap between rich and poor, highly religious in some parts but also incredibly liberal in other. Football mad, absolutely football mad so mad that the chairman of a club could say 'don't vote for this political party' and those fans won't. Its just our culture is very different.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hound View Post
    Yeeros v Kebab, the realest debate of all times
    lol Wars were started over such debates. Kebab though, the Greeks just be copying us.

hanz, have you ever been to one of the festivals in Turkey?