Thread: Method Man offers an update on his solo projects.

OG-18* WAT

Default Method Man offers an update on his solo projects.

La Connoisseur Life

Mef is so sloooow. At least he has the excuse of being 'all over A Better Tomorrow'.

Still no release date for 'Meth Lab' but at least it's finished.
    Retired.

why doesn't he just stop rapping?

Platypi on the swarm!! RUSHING PLATYPUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    why doesn't he just stop rapping?
    My guess is it's because he wants to keep rapping. Why do you ask?

Wu-Veteran

shame how ppl do this to vets...criticize them to death...no clue what its like in their shoes. Bring on the Meth the world needs it. Dust off some of these dunnaduhduh niggaz

because it doesn't take a human being 6 years to do something they enjoy doing. especially if it's something as easy as rapping on songs you don't master or make the beats for. So yeah, idk what he's doing it for but what's the point? Just do something else or relax, don't act like you're a rapper cause you're not.

Meth could be one of the best mainstream rapper if he wanted, but he's lazy as fuck!

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

Wu-Veteran

there is a difference between being lazy...and simply not giving a fuck about being "that dude" He obviously cares about his fans and his career but personal life and family mean more.

I have no problem with Mef being lazy as an artist (or a person for that matter, if that were the case), it's just I could use some good Mef. Him being slooooow sucks for me and other fans, but it is his right to be lazy. Anyway, Mef could give a fuck about what we think, and it's probably better for him that way too.

What also comes into play when looking at his slow output is this ... I think Mef isn't all that into being a SOLO artist. He's more of a group type person. I think he has more fun working on a Red & Mef album and a Wu-Tang album than on a solo joint.

Maybe Mef could consider working on EPs with some generals (like with Wu Massacre), but there's a helluvalotta red tape when you're on Def Jam.
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    because it doesn't take a human being 6 years to do something they enjoy doing. especially if it's something as easy as rapping on songs you don't master or make the beats for. So yeah, idk what he's doing it for but what's the point? Just do something else or relax, don't act like you're a rapper cause you're not.
    He still visits the Netherlands at least once a year.

Maybe he's not a big fan of going through the recording process or whatever but don't call him lazy.

De mijne is 4x duurder!

PRODIGAL SUN

as someone whos worked on his own albums while working a job and the rest, it could take 3-4 years to create the album you want EASILY. i aint mad meth is taking so long. crystal meth is going to be one of the last great wu tang albums, im calling it bnow. i have a feeling now that meth aint on def jam, its going to be a dark wu tang album wit rza all over. seeing 4thD who beeing missing from the wu since 2004 or so woprking on meth lab is dope

tbh i don't think anyone outside the wu fan base could care less.

Won't even watch, because he's been talking about upcoming work for an eternity. This dude hasn't dropped an album in EIGHT YEARS....Who does that and doesn't consider themselves a retired artist?

Here, I'm handing out late passes