Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Roc Marciano appreciation

a pretty weird one

I just started getting into reloaded this week n holy fucking Jesus @ that 'not told' beat.

Does anybody know whether that guitar was sampled or played specifically for the track?

Veteran Member

Reloaded is a personal classic. The album flows very well from start to finish and is cinematic. Rosebudd's Revenge, although not on the same level is still a great album. I was a bit underwhelmed at first but it grew on me over time. Part 2 should be coming out fairly soon.

This 'not told' jam has me feeling a sudden urgency to try to put together some trill instrumentals with real instruments (guitar driven) to flow over. I think it's thyme to act on this shit. Probably the best use of electric guitar I've heard in a hip hop song.

Obviously I don't know for sure but id say its a sample.

yeah, it must be sampled, no info online about it that i could find. i'm curious now though, maybe someone here has the physical album and can tell us...

rm samples some great stuff.

I have the physical, Ill check later

Last night I listened to that shit stoned n then I picked up a guitar n very briefly tried to figure it n gave up n googled online to c if there was any guitar tab for it. Didn't find any but I ended up reading a thread from I guess a guitar forum where dudes were talking about playing guitar n bass for hip hop beats, n there was one dude who posted who said he regularly worked with rappers n was currently working on a track with Roc Marciano n some other cats.

Didn't c when the post was from, in relation to this track, but if it was legit (def reckon it was. Seemed like some serious musos in the discussion), it would confirm he works with real instrumentalists.

To me it sounds like it could very well have been played specifically for the track, tho it's just looped over n over rather than the dude playing the lick repeatedly throughout.

I'm currently working on my first attempt at making an instrumental to rap over, n my expectations r low, lolz. I plan to just kick a 16 at the start n solo the rest of it cos I wanna write a new lengthy solo, lolz.
    Last edited by noel411; 11-13-2017 at 07:24 AM.

Oh it was actually just a track featuring Roc Marciano...

'i just played bass on a track for a guy named Surok that has Blu and Roc Marciano on it'.

And it was bass, lolz. Like I said I was stoned, lolz.

Just listening again I def reckon it's someone playing on the track. It's the same dude playing behind the intro, so unless that whole bit behind the intro is sampled then I'm saying it's a live guitarist.

The CD booklet doesn't say anything about samples for any track

I happened upon this site last night (I'm sure it's well known by most hip hop fans)...

https://www.whosampled.com/search/?q=not+told+

Had shitloads of his songs on there, many from reloaded, but not this one. Hard to find any info. Would suggest it was a live guitarist, but then he should b credited in the cd booklet.

Quote Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
    This 'not told' jam has me feeling a sudden urgency to try to put together some trill instrumentals with real instruments (guitar driven) to flow over. I think it's thyme to act on this shit. Probably the best use of electric guitar I've heard in a hip hop song.
    Go for it, I thunk the results could be worthwhile.
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by noel411 View Post
    I happened upon this site last night (I'm sure it's well known by most hip hop fans)...

https://www.whosampled.com/search/?q=not+told+

Had shitloads of his songs on there, many from reloaded, but not this one. Hard to find any info. Would suggest it was a live guitarist, but then he should b credited in the cd booklet.
    Soob from wuchamber is very active on whosampled.com. you could ask him to put the word out on whosampled to find this out for you. Whosampled might have some kind of forum or platform where the users get together.
    Retired.