Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CORMEGA - "Mega Philosophy" (Wow, what an album)

Default CORMEGA - "Mega Philosophy" (Wow, what an album)

I just listened twice in a row to the much anticipated new Cormega albium "Mega Philosophy", produced entirely by Large Pro and god damn what an album it is.... it is being released on CD and cassette on July 22 and wax August 8, and it hasn't leaked yet, but Spotify made a slip-up and posted it already yesterday.

it's only 33 minutes but the quality really overweighs the quantity here, every single track is fire. Cormega has never released a proper album that's not at least 4/5 or even 4.5/5 and this is no exception ("Legal Hustle" and "Who I Am" is street albums). Large Pro really has an exceptional chemistry with Cormega, as we know from previous collabos like "The Come Up", "Journey" and "MARS", but this is a real joy to hear. A definite purchase.

if you got Spotify, CLICK HERE
    Last edited by claaa7; 07-20-2014 at 02:08 AM.

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

I've been heavily anticipating this album so I'm glad its finally here. I haven't checked that Spotify link yet since I'm not signed up, but the singles and other leaks off of it have all been real dope.

Listening now. Cheers Claaa.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

This is dope, I'm copping this one for sure.

"I pledge allegiance to the hip hop"
    Method Man

Really good album. Copped after my first listen.

DuncanHine Monument Cakes CEITEDMOFO's Avatar

GONNA LISTEN TO IT TOMMOROw

Fearless Vampire Killer UNCLE RUCKUS's Avatar

The last track is crazy

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

Styles P guest spots >

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

I'm gonna say it: Large P production not been worth much since 1992.

FRESH FISH

Good album, impressed with Extra P's production to be honest....definitely better than 'Born & Raised' which i thought was quite bland for the super producers on the album.

yeah, album is str8 dope. never was fan of cormega (just dont like his voice), but beats... damn Large Pro makin magic. dope album, i think i gonna buy it.

album of the year so far for me, Cormega is a master lyricist... sure his voice ain't as strong as Nas but the realness of his lyrics clearly make up for it - check "Industry" and his bars about QDIII for a good example. and the production is out of this world. this is 'Mega's best album yet - beside maybe "The Realness". 5/5

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

I'd put this up there with The Realness as his best albums, with The True Meaning not very far behind.

meet me in the lobby TommySuits's Avatar

Love the album, not one track I wna skip but I don't think it's his best. I know it just came out and dudes are getting hype, I'm hype. But those saying it's better than The Realness and True meaning need to think about that one again. I like Born & Raised A LOT more than this too. For starters, not one track one this beats the acapella that goes into Rapture on his last.

Mega's lyrics and flow are crazy as usual. In fact, Corey is one of the few rappers that prob doesn't have one wack verse.

The guest appearances line up is incredible. Props to him for getting a track together with Az, Redman & Styles P. Redman came WEAK. I'm not sure how it works but you would think once he heard who else was on the track he be a bit more inspired. The verse sounds EXACTLY like 90% of the weak verses he's been dropping the past few years. Don't be surprised if Red uses the same verse for the Blackout 3 single. Red needs to come with the 'white people are rioting' flow. Muddy waters 2 is his next and I'm nervous as fuck. Glad to see Nat on here. Black Rob, Styles & Rae all did their thing. You pretty much got what you would expect from them. Large Pro never disappoints. Beat wise this album was pretty light but I understand the theme. Mega's albums have gotten lighter since prob the one with Lake. Doesn't take away from them still being dope though.

LOVE THE INTRO TOO!