Thread: Those Madlib Pinata beats were the Madlib/Ghostface album everyone wanted

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

Default Those Madlib Pinata beats were the Madlib/Ghostface album everyone wanted

It's been 8 YEARS since they hooked up

Imagine Ghost throwing back to CL on this shit

Why didn't this happen? There was talk it was on in 2006. How does Ghost's people not understand this is the perfect critic/hype/fan crossover project for him other than all these dumb projects he's doing cooling himself down.

it'd be dope matchup but i dont remember any talks about a madlib/ gfk album at all

now that doom/ gfk album I'd take before anything else right now

Terry Cloth Rudolph Joint Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar

Is Ghost still dropping 6 albums this year or whatever it was he said?

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mumm Ra View Post
    it'd be dope matchup but i dont remember any talks about a madlib/ gfk album at all

now that doom/ gfk album I'd take before anything else right now
    I remembver there was small talk back then. Ghost was asked in some interview, said he was sent a bunch of beats from Madlib, or the other way round, or something. It was 8 years ago details hazy.

Basically either way it shouldve happened as Madlib is prolific with releases and open to collabs. Ghost's management is fucked no one seems to understand that he'd be getting money with albums with Doom and Madlib on the hipster market but he's stalling and cooling off.

i don't think it was talk about an album, but he said he got some beats from Madlib and he used one of them for "Block Rock" from "Fishscale" - or he saved it for "More Fish" but it was recorded for "Fishscale".

but yeah i agree, Ghost would sound terrific over the majority of these beats, but then again i think Gibbs is a great emcee when he spits over crazy beats like this!

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Ghost was doing to do an album with DOOM, not necessarily with Madlib. And that project had nobody leading it, so it fell to the wayside about five minutes after it was announced.

Anyway, Ghost does what he wants to do. Which is apparently making the Fishscale album over and over again for a decade. He doesn't care about making a full album with Madlib.
    Last edited by ShortyCoffeeStain; 07-23-2014 at 02:29 AM.

Ghost makes a lot of album promises that never seem to happen.

Hopefully on his next album he won't sound as dull as he did on 12 Reasons, & I never thought I'd say dat bout ghost