Thread: Miles Davis - Human Nature (GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN)

Veteran Member

Default Miles Davis - Human Nature (GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN)

one of the greatest ever

hell yeah, i own Miles extended catalouge on CD and vinyl from 1955 to '75 and then some.. i would say he is the greatest artist to ever do it.

have you heard his Japanese double albums "Agharta" and "Pangaea"??
    absolutely mindblowing music on all levels... what's so great about him is not only his playing and his will to innovative but also his ear to find new talents, all the groups he played with went on to huge success in their own rights later and each of his bands played like a motherfucker with Miles... from the Bill Evans/Coltrane/Jimmy Cobb/Wynton Kelly/Paul Chambers group to the mind-fuck bands of "Dark Magus" and "On The Corner".

i strongly recommend picking up the newly issued "Bootleg Series" - three volumes have been released so far, boxsets, and i have collected them all... the first 3xCD + 1 DVD featured the Second Great Quintet with Hancock/Carter/Williams/Shorter; the 2nd 3xCD + 1 DVD set was from 1969 with "the lost quintet" - Shorter/Corea/DeJohnette/Holland. the final most recent one was a 4xCD boxset from 1970 featuring all the unedited music from the Fillmore four night session - incredible stuff. Miles with Keith Jarret, Chick Corea, Jack De Johnette, Airto Moreira, Dave Holland on Electric Bass, Jack De Johnette and the young Steve Grossman... these three boxes are very beautiful too and need to be in any Miles fans bookshelf - lots of ncie photos and essays too.

props on this thread

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!