Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW Wu-TANG CLAN SINGLE - "Ron O'Neal"

-Diamond in the Rough- 3rdEyeVizion's Avatar

The hook does indeed suck. Beat is dope, but I prefer samples in hip hop. I'm not really feelin' that "live" sound..

Peace CT

I too would also like to know what Ringz had to say? I missed one day on the site n miss all the goodies. Peace

He said "its cool, not amazing, but cool" or something similar and then was saying how he likes oaties for breakfast.

This thread is about to get deleted lol.

meet me in the lobby TommySuits's Avatar

Lyrically they're not bringing anything to the table. And since Rza isn't being RZA on the boards as well, I don't know what I'm listening to. I can do with one and not the other. Without both I cant make it through the whole song. This being their last album I hope we get more of a WU feel. After all, that's what made them so unique. This song lacked every bit of that. I know we're only 1-2 song into the album but Rza is like Paul Pierce at the end of his career. Remy Ma will prob end up with a Rza beat that sounds like it came straight from Tical though.

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

I aint delete shit, promise!

Yeah who deleted that original thread??

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

Hahahahaha^

As Pattch said use MK lines for the hook

or Golden Arms for the hook.

This is hip hop not some wack ass R n B Rhythm & Bullshit

Veteran Member

I have to agree, I also aint feeling the hook at all, its not what I expected. Now I gotta agree with Rae, this is not what the fans want.
    Even the beat doesn't inspire me
    WU-TANG FOREVER.
    GHANA REPRESENTING

both singles so far sound like pretty good tracks on a Masta Killa or Method Man solo but the Clan album should be something really special... in time people will realize what a gem "8 Diagrams" truly was

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Shaolin Master

Maybe this chorus is on here because of Raekwon, haha.

Don't have a problem with the live feel, but somebody please return that atrocious intro and godawful hook to the Jim Jones album they belong on.
    Retired.

u just know the whole album is gon be soft like this, u know why?

cos rae didnt want to be involved with this album... he heard all the beats n was like 'naaw not this shit again, rza didnt u learn from ur last mistakes? fuk it i aint even gon be on here'

simple mathematics

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by claaa7 View Post
    in time people will realize what a gem "8 Diagrams" truly was
    And how high it could have been if the generals felt it during the recording sessions.

Quote Originally Posted by 5th state View Post
    Don't have a problem with the live feel, but somebody please return that atrocious intro and godawful hook to the Jim Jones album they belong on.
    i don't have any problem with them using live instrumentation either, it can make for great Wu-Tang style hip-hop.. "8 Diagrams", "Chamber Music", "Legendary Weapons" and "Man With The Iron Fists" all worked great!

Quote Originally Posted by jokostyle View Post
    And how high it could have been if the generals felt it during the recording sessions.
    yes exactly!! the one general that i know was absolute nuts over those beats on "8 Diagrams" was U-God, he was praising them like crazy on the DVD and in interviews plus getting RZA for his next solo album... he also had the best verses on the LP pretty much.

but production wise, it's a real album's album - some weak hooks, some verses that could be better but it's a musical fucking revelation imo. real headphones, loud, in the night music. i sometimes throw in "You Can't Stop Me" now in there too as that was recorded for that. but can't decide which is better - the US or EU version from "Digi Snacks".

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Terry Cloth Rudolph Joint Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar

Props to this thread for making it to page 2 without being deleted/moved.

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -