Thread: Hiphop soundtrack memories

Default Hiphop soundtrack memories

Was digging in the crates upstairs and came across the 'Sunset Park' OST, which I remember listening to a lot back when it came out in 1996.

After having just listened to it again in its entirety I was surprised at how well it holds up after all these years. Even though the tracks are very diverse, it all gels pretty well and - important in my book - it doesn't take itself too seriously.

Tracklist in case you're wondering :

http://www.discogs.com/Various-Sunse...release/859030

I recall buying the soundtrack on the strength of the high profile artists on the first five tracks. I was very much into Pac back then. Aaliyah too.

Never saw the movie btw. Is it any good? Stars fucking Rhea Perlman from 'Cheers'. And Fredro Starr.

Any hiphop soundtracks you have fond memories of?

Grampa 5th state checking out.

Last edited by Rev Jones; 08-14-2014 at 05:10 PM.
    Retired.

Movie blows.

I like Junior MAFIA 'We Don't Need It' and Mobb Deep 'Back At You'.

This OST version is an alternate mix to the 'Hardcore' version, with Biggie adlibs.

Prodigys verse is pure poetry. Thats one of their greatest beats imo.

Speaking of Mobb

Damn those dudes made some of the best shit ever in the 90s.

meet me in the lobby TommySuits's Avatar

New Jersey Drive will prob stay my #1 sountrack. High School High is up there too.

NJD had a classic OutKast joint too. The intro reveals Aqueminis Big Boi solo cut 'West Savannah' to be an old joint too.

meet me in the lobby TommySuits's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post

NJD had a classic OutKast joint too. The intro reveals Aqueminis Big Boi solo cut 'West Savannah' to be an old joint too.
    that's one of my favorite Outkast songs.

Here's a DOPE instrumental from a DOPE movie. Not much of a soundtrack but Meth's Release Yo Delf Prodigy mix was on here.

Another soundtrack that I was loving when it came out.... Everybody has this shit!

Track listing
    Dr. Dre & LL Cool J: "Zoom"
    Producer - Dr. Dre

Pras Michel: "Ghetto Supastar (That Is What You Are)"
    Producer - Pras, Wyclef Jean, Jerry Wonda
    Rap vocals - Ol' Dirty Bastard
    Vocals - Mưa

Youssou N'Dour & Canibus: "How Come"
    Producer - Wyclef Jean, Jerry Wonda

Method Man, KRS-One, Prodigy & Kam: "Bulworth (They Talk About It While We Live It)"
    Producer - DJ Muggs

Witchdoctor: "Holiday/12 Scanner"
    Producer - Emperor Searcy, Rob

RZA: "The Chase"
    Producer - RZA

Eve: "Eve Of Destruction"
    Producer - Mel-Man

Mack 10 & Ice Cube: "Maniac In The Brainiac"
    Producer - Ice Cube

Nutta Butta: "Freak Out"
    Producer - Teddy Riley

The Black Eyed Peas: "Joints & Jam" (listed as "Joints & Jams")
    Producer - Paul Poli

Cappadonna: "Run"
    Producer - RZA

B Real, Sick Jacken: "Lunatics In The Grass"
    Producer - The Psycho Realm

Public Enemy: "Kill Em Live"
    Producer - Gary G-Wiz

D-Fyne: "Bitches Are Hustlers Too"
    Producer - Eddie B

nada ignorante

I have fond memories of these two:

N.I.

Compilation Of Non-Album Tracks That Have Appeared In Movie Soundtracks.

Tracklist :

01. Ol Dirty Bastard - Dirty The Moocher (Hoodlum Soundtrack)
    02. RZA - The Chase (Bullworth Soundtrack)
    03. Timbo King, Shyheim, Killa Sin & Tekitha - Soul In The Hole (Soul In The Hole Soundtrack)
    04. Inspectah Deck - Let Me At Them (Tales From The Hood Soundtrack)
    05. Wu-Tang Clan - And You Don't Stop (Rush Hour Soundtrack)
    06. Method Man - The Riddler (Batman Forever Soundtrack)
    07. Cappadonna & Tekitha - I Can See (Slam Soundtrack)
    08. Raekwon - Wake Up (Black And White Soundtrack)
    09. CCF Divison (Freemurda & Sha-Cronz) - Really Want None (Derailed Soundtrack)
    10. Ghostface Killah & RZA - Who's The Champion (The Great White Hype Soundtrack)
    11. Wu-Tang Clan - What You In Fo' (Oz Soundtrack) (TV series)
    12. RZA, Cappadonna & Method Man - Garden Renaissance (High School High Soundtrack)
    13. Ghostface Killah & Raekwon - I Gotta Get Paid (feat Lil Flip) (Blade Soundtrack)
    14. RZA, Prodigal Sunn & Christ Bearer - Unleash Me (Unleashed Soundtrack)
    15. Reakwon & 12 O'Clock - Nasty Immigrants (Nutty Professor Soundtrack)

http://wtcfolife.blogspot.fr/2012/08...vie-vol-1.html

Tracklist :

01. Shaolin Worldwide (Next Friday Soundtrack)
    02. Fatal (Blade Trinity Soundtrack)
    03. If It's Alright With You (The Great White Hype Soundtrack)
    04. Respect Power (Whiteboys Soundtrack)
    05. Black Mamba (Kill Bill 2 Soundtrack)
    06. Who Rock This (feat Mystikal) (I Got the Hook-Up Soundtrack)
    07. From The Dark Side (Tales From The Hood Soundtrack)
    08. Beat You Down (Protector Soundtrack)
    09. Diesel (Soul In The Hole Soundtrack)
    10. It's Not A Game (Black And White Soundtrack)
    11. The Park (feat Coolio) (Slam Soundtrack)
    12. Semi-Automatic Full Rap Metal Jacket (High, School, High Soundtrack)
    13. Tragedy (Rhyme And Reason Soundtrack)
    14. Windpipe (Belly Soundtrack)

http://wtcfolife.blogspot.fr/2012/09...vie-vol-2.html

He Got Game OST was cool. Includes a Masta Killa verse.

-

ShaDynasty, you can't be serious that Sunset Park movie sucked. That's a good movie. Rev Jones, check it out and the soundtrack is good. Queen Latifah's Elements I'm Among song is my jam and I see my baby Faith Evans in the video. There was a funny scene in Sunset Park when the basketball players are riding on the bus to a game. One of the players named Butter is talking to his teammates about a black woman he was messing with. He said it's only natural honeys be sweating me man. I'm averaging 20 points a game. You know what I'm saying. My pockets stay phat b. So I'm hitting skins on the regular. I was up in the shower the other night with this honey and she gon say to me. His teammate Drano interrupted and said nigga with your broke ass and you stupid too LOL. Big dirty ass old nigga still in the 10th grade hahahahahahahahahahaha. What you need to do is get your ass out the shower before I call your momma is what she said LOL.

Then there was another funny scene when the basketball players were arguing with Butter in the locker room about karate Asian star Bruce Lee. Butter said Bruce Lee is a black man's name LOL. Drano said Bruce Lee is Chinese stupid LOL. Butter said I ain't gotta prove nothing to ya'll. His teammate said how do you know? Butter said remember The Color Purple? LOL. Terrence Howard and Malinda Williams were also in the movie. Malinda is cute and Fredro Starr was trying to get with her. She told him that she saw some boots that she liked and she think they would look fly on her. So Fredro gave her some money to buy them and they hadn't been on a date yet hahahahahahahahahahaha. She came to Fredro's game and he got mad when he saw she was talking to a black guy hahahahahahahahahaha. Then she left with the guy and Fredro saw them after the game talking at his jeep. Fredro confronted them and he told the guy, step out the jeep nigga. The guy took out a gun and Fredro didn't say nothing LOL. Fredro said to her, you ain't nothing but a trick LOL. I hope you 2 have fun LOL. He walked away.

New Jersey Drive soundtrack volume 1 and volume 2 are good. Redman's Where Am I song is my jam, Mac Mall, Ray Luv and Young Lay's All About My Fetti song is my jam and Outkast's Benz Or Beemer song is hard. Menace II Society, Above The Rim, Rhyme and Reason, Boyz N The Hood, New Jack City, Trespass, Juice soundtracks are good. It's been a long time since there's been some good rap soundtracks.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

wow these soundtracks bring back memories!!
    a movie OST is hard to find (yet alone a good one)

Set it off soundtrack (although had more R&B , the busta rhymes Queen Latifah and Goodie mobb tracks were fire)

Tales from the Hood had a sick line up (INS, Gravediggaz, ODB, Spice 1,Havoc, Mceight, Domino)

Street Fighter OST (yes the van damme movie) had a great sound track that featured
    Nas, Ice Cube, Pharcyde, Paris, Rass Kass)

Rhyme & Reason Album had a sick line up

Everyone had the Friday & Dont be a menace to south central Ost back then

Last edited by chiba; 05-07-2015 at 11:39 PM.

courtesy of Bobby_Digital72

Non Ignorants

I remember these soundtracks from the 90s selling very well, they were readily available in all the record stores around town - we had a lot of them back then. the soundtracks were restocked pretty often. there was also the excitement of getting a few exclusive tracks from some of your favorite artists. good times
    Retired.

-

Queen Latifah's Name Callin song is hard but Set It Off soundtrack sucked. I love Jada Pinkett and Vivica Fox. I don't know why Queen Latifah hasn't done more hard songs like Name Callin, Black Hand Side and Elements I'm Among. I'm surprised nobody posted Ghostface Killah's Motherless Child video from Sunset Park soundtrack. That's a hard song and I love the video. Friday song by Ice Cube is hard. I was disappointed in Dangerous Ground soundtrack. The movie has Ice Cube, Elizabeth Hurley and Ving Rhames. I do like Ice Cube's The World Is Mine song, KRS One's Perhaps She'll Die song, Keith Murray's Dangerous Ground song and UGK and Too Short's song. Tales From The Hood soundtrack was ok. Inspectah Deck's Let Me At Em song is hard and MC Eiht's One Less Nigga song is hard. MC Eiht made me laugh when he made a gun noise and he said the glock goes badow LOL. I didn't like Street Fighter and Don't Be A Menace soundtracks. Slam soundtrack also disappointed me because there's several good rappers on it and it sucked.

The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

-

I also didn't like Soul In The Hole and Bulworth soundtracks. I do like Ja Rule's I Got A Story To Tell song, Noreaga's Sometimes song and the song by Nas, DMX and Method Man on Belly soundtrack. High School High soundtrack is good and The Show soundtrack is alright.