Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DJ Premier & Royce D& 5'9 Are "PRhyme"

Default DJ Premier & Royce D& 5'9 Are "PRhyme"

So what is this? A track? EP? LP? New duo planning on releasing several projects?

Personally, I think this is a perfect match. Royce has always sounded nice on Preemo beats, and hopefully this'll get his focus back.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones
    I didn't like it because of the beats.

Quote Originally Posted by GhettoGnom View Post
    So what is this? A track? EP? LP? New duo planning on releasing several projects?

Personally, I think this is a perfect match. Royce has always sounded nice on Preemo beats, and hopefully this'll get his focus back.
    So far so good
    they better not screw it up or heads will be rollin

courtesy of Bobby_Digital72

Non Ignorants

This is just what Royce needs. Stay away from those 3 cornballs in Slaughterhouse, get back to that real raw dope shit.

Banned

Yeah this has potential to be a dope collab, the DJ Premier cuts were always stand out joints on Royce LPs but like Bad Meets Evil probably should have happened a long time ago.
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hound View Post
    but like Bad Meets Evil probably should have happened a long time ago.
    ^
    this

-

Thugnificent, Joell Ortiz and Crooked I aren't cornballs. I don't like Joe Buddens. So i agree with you that he's wack. That's nice that DJ Premier and Royce Da 5'9 are doing a collabo album. I like Royce's Hip Hop song that Premier produced. I love the beat.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

some more info

Last Monday, the Internet was buzzing over the surprise announcement of DJ Premier and Royce Da 5’9’ teaming up for something big. In a small video clip, the pair visited Adrian Younge’s record store, and later on played an untitled track with Royce rapping, “This is for the real hip-hop niggas who would never ever, ever ask me am I here to replace Guru.”

Talks of the two making a joint project together immediately followed, but the wait is finally over. Preemo and Nickel Nine have shared exclusively with XXL that they’re putting out their first official full-length collaboration LP, set to drop sometime this year. Featuring the likes of Killer Mike, Jay Electronica, Common, Ab-Soul, ScHoolboy Q, Slaughterhouse, Mac Miller and Dwele for the LP, the duo are planning to go big or go home with the project.

“I want people to appreciate the fact that we didn’t compromise in lieu of the environment. In order to try to change the way that people digest music, we had to take a leap of faith,” says Royce. DJ Premier adds, “The bar has to be high. For this album to be another body of work and another chapter for both of our lives.”

On the self-titled album, PRhyme will have all its production by Premier, as well as all the samples will be taken from Adrian Younge.

“I’ve never sampled just one artist, I’m known for my reputation and my creativity,” says Premier. “I wanted it to be my traditional thing where I sample everything I find, but I am really proud how the project came out and Royce is one hell of a pusher.”

Although the legendary producer was skeptical of the idea at first, Royce convinced him that’ll be a special project that’ll make hip-hop history. “I started going through Adrian’s catalog and it was just making me a fan of his,” Royce says. “It was really inspiring me to want to make music. As Premier started sending me music and I started writing, it was falling into place. It was making me excited about going into the studio.”
    http://www.xxlmag.com/news/2014/09/p...bum-tracklist/

-

Who's Adrian Younge?

The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

Who's Adrian Younge?

Who's Adrian Younge?
    You'd like him. He produces very 70s centric soul music for the likes of Souls Of Mischief, Ghostface and The Delfonics as well as his own music.

I believe RZA asked him to produce something on the new Wu album. Hopefully that will make the cut.

The Prhyme album sounds dope, its about time Preem was working with some decent rappers again. Jay Elec on Premo is what i'm waiting on. They need a Bad Meets Evil joint on there too.

-

Origin, i can't help it that i'm stuck in the 80's and 90's rap and i don't know who the new rap producers are LOL. I haven't been impressed with any new rap producers and that's why i don't know who Adrian Younge is.

This album has enormous potential.

I don't get how so few (worthwhile) rappers go for Primo beats. Their and our loss.
    Retired.

Veteran Member

How many completed and announced projects does Primo have? NYGz Teflon Nas Pete Rock

Banned

Origin, i can't help it that i'm stuck in the 80's and 90's rap and i don't know who the new rap producers are LOL. I haven't been impressed with any new rap producers and that's why i don't know who Adrian Younge is.
    He produced an album for Ghostface Killah, go get it it's good.
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.