Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Feminism vs. Truth

The Thrill of It All spammy sosa's Avatar

Default Feminism vs. Truth

I know this to be true but its great to hear an educated woman say it.

Feminists and maybe women in general are trying to kill man-ness. Trying to make themselves equal in terms that make no sense when you consider the functional, biological and mental differences between sexes. Thats why feminists are so unhappy because they don't understand life. I see it like a textbook mental disorder, you have something fucked up happen to you and then you make a bunch of destructive and delusional excuses for why it happened.

3:52-3:57 = this is what most of the differences stem from in western society.

Good video.
    Retired.

Over the past week every time I pick up a newspaper I read an article about women and gaming and how the gaming industry is sexist. One that made me laugh was that now 52% of gamers are women so the industry has to change its methods.

Feminists are really fucking annoying.

Belgian gaming babe Charlotte Van Brabander, successful online & real life poker player & Counter Strike player. Made it to the ESWC with her all female team.

This is the kind of feminism we need - active participation instead of standing on the sidelines complaining.
    Retired.

Almost every day I hear of another female teacher getting caught sleeping with a student. It seems to be more common now than male teachers and female students. Females want to be treated equal, but some losers still look down upon the male teachers in those situations a lot harsher than the female teachers. If a female teacher does it, some will say that the teen male was likely high fiving his classmates afterward. Some feel bad for the female teacher and that she must be going through some 'tough times' with her hsuband at home. If she looks decent looking, she argues that she shouldn't do time in jail, and sometimes they don't have to do any jail time.

In reverse, a male teacher that does it is called a pedophile and a really sick individual. They say that the female student didn't know what she was doing(even though she might be a slut), and that she had to be taken advantage of. Some people want the male teacher to rot away in jail and to see him suffer greatly. On various occasions, the male teacher will receive a stiffer sentence than the female teacher.

The same double standard occurs in domestic situations. The old dumb line that a male should never lay his hand on a female... Some females think they can hit a man as much as she wants, but if he tries to defend himself, she cries domestic abuse. I think it was ironman that even stated here that if a woman was stabbing him, he would try to calmly walk away.

If you have kids and are trying to get custody after a break up, good luck with that. The female will receive custody 90% of the time, sometimes even when she's a crackhead.

^^Every damn line you wrote is true.

To expand on the sluts at school topic : they do exist (but they are rare). If they can't have you (the teacher), they will try to get another young teacher next year. Or they get back at you by stating in class they saw you kissing some other underage girl from the same school. (Happened to me, had to have a serious talk with that girl, principal backed me up completely.)
    Retired.

Veteran Member

A woman speaking the truth, particularly on this topic, is a rare thing.

I think this bitch is a faggot.
    What exactly does she have to lose in a group of women advocating for things to be better for women as a whole? I can't understand men complaining because they may feel women gaining is their loss, but another woman complaining is really faggoty.

Though I'm not a feminist because I'm straight, I think people who are against advancement movements of groups they belong to are the women breed of faggot. Women should push for the advancement of women and men should push for the advancement of men so that everyone advances. I don't give a fuck if someone's a feminist. If you were a woman why wouldn't you be a feminist?

Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    In reverse, a male teacher that does it is called a pedophile and a really sick individual. They say that the female student didn't know what she was doing(even though she might be a slut), and that she had to be taken advantage of. Some people want the male teacher to rot away in jail and to see him suffer greatly. On various occasions, the male teacher will receive a stiffer sentence than the female teacher..

I agree

Although women are not equal to men (The bible says they are the weaker sex). I agree.....there is a dangerous culture within society, that tends to absolve women of all responsibility/complicity, when it comes to things of a sexual nature.

Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    it was ironman that even stated here that if a woman was stabbing him, he would try to calmly walk away.
    Bwhahahahahhaahha lol

Non Ignorant Math Team

male on female rape is seen as different than female on male rape cuz it seems as if the man is intruding or entering a woman with a long fleshy stabbing device.

if a woman rapes shes not intruding as such. u can see how people would react very differently if she penetrated him with a strap on.

not saying I agree with this but that's how people naturally feel.

NON-IGS

Quote Originally Posted by TSA View Post
    I think this bitch is a faggot.
    What exactly does she have to lose in a group of women advocating for things to be better for women as a whole? I can't understand men complaining because they may feel women gaining is their loss, but another woman complaining is really faggoty.

Though I'm not a feminist because I'm straight, I think people who are against advancement movements of groups they belong to are the women breed of faggot. Women should push for the advancement of women and men should push for the advancement of men so that everyone advances. I don't give a fuck if someone's a feminist. If you were a woman why wouldn't you be a feminist?
    Because if you're a woman its against your nature to be a feminist. Feminists are the minority and they speak for other feminists, not women in general.

They're pushing against things they can't control, like sexuality, nature, economics, biology etc. The woman in the video is just saying lets be honest about the nature of men and women and start from there, because the idea of 'different but equal' is complete fucking nonsense and helps nobody in the long run.

Ha, i guess it's good we've gotten to a point where feminism is some ways is about policing mass media and other minor things on the internet. It probably means, in western countries, we've at least ameliorated some of the more blatant, egregious aspects of gender discrimination. But it just results in dunces talking about individual instances where a man was wronged (in their opinion) and extrapolating this to make a general statement about women/feminism.

It's a shame to see women/girls espousing anti-feminism online also. These people can't begin to imagine what their lives would look like if the feminist movement had not occurred. The same goes for men really. Idiots like the guy above me will pontificate all day about how feminists are ruining the world, while enjoying the pleasures of female pre-marital promiscuity, interacting and working with women on a equal footing and generally not having to live in a society which subjugates half it's population.

I mean, men will always despise feminism and try to undermine it's objective. It's not surprising a lot of men have that negative response as it's an attack on the privilege that they feel is their entitlement. I think this thread pretty nicely highlights this insecurity in action.

One of the problems really is you have a bunch of half-wit fuck heads, like the guy above, arguing about this shit on the internet when they wouldn't have the first clue what feminism is about. They'll say things like "lets be honest about the nature of men and women and start from there" as if such a reduction is reasonable or realistic, without appreciating the nature or degree of oppression.

I'm not here to give you ignorant fucks a history lesson, the huge impact the feminist movement had during the 20th century is plain to see. The US particularly was socially transformed by it.

Guys who have a huge problem with feminism now, always would have. They would have opposed female suffrage, removing barriers to women working, wage equalisation and pretty much any other corrective measure aimed at chipping away at their inherent privilege.

Oh yeah, and if anyone's interested, the "gender pay gap" argument in this video is often wheeled out. It's made by a lot of anti-feminists with glee but while true it ignores what the "gender pay gap" actually means.

It references difference in pay generally, across all sectors. In most western countries there are anti-discrimination laws which prevent employers from explicitly paying women less to do the same job (which sums up this video in once sentence).

This sterile reduction completely misses the entrenched and real institutional barriers still in place which limit women's earning power. Across almost all sectors, management and executive positions are overwhelmingly held by men. Are you all really not familiar with the "glass ceiling"?

Significant barriers still exist that impede women from achieving high paying positions of power. This is one area where things have not significantly improved for women. Women are far from parity with men in this are:

http://www.catalyst.org/knowledge/st...omen-workplace

The professor in this video is a pop-feminist who makes money writing about the flaws in modern feminism. She sympathises with the chauvinist view of feminists as shrill, homely characters. She chooses to focus on one emblematic aspect of online, tumblr brand feminism.

She could have talked about the horrific rates of sexual violence perpetrated by men towards women, still present in western democracies, but that wouldn't have fitted so well with the "Truth Vs Feminism" paradigm. She probably could have talked about how women commit a tiny fraction of all crime, and an even tinier fraction of violent crime.... and how this is a problem for men, and that they should probably do something about this... but that wouldn't have been so simple and neat.

http://www.unwomen.org/en/what-we-do...ts-and-figures

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...ainst-women-eu

The goals of feminism are universal and should be appreciated by men and women a like. Why do you want to hamper movements which better the lives of women?

I still can't understand people who rage against positive initiative like feminism or environmentalism or taking refugees.

I don't know what you people think is the worst that can happen? All men are just worker drones ruled by women? We waste all our money trying to save our environment (because money will be pretty useful when we can't inhabit this planet)? You might have a brown skinned neighbour who cooks weird shit?

I didn't say there was anything wrong with equal opportunity, you idiot above me. I think everybody should be treated fairly and for lack of a better word equally.

But well done for reading a load of shit into my posts that wasn't there you ass.