Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: X-Men / Marvel news

black panther cant take spideys place in the movie, it would make no sense, black panther isnt american so the registration act wouldnt apply to him, and has no ties to stark industries, so it would'nt work, spidey is supposed to be iron mans right hand man who goes rogue after getting disillusioned with what tony starks and reed are doing to their captives, panther and namor spearhead an international coalition to make sure america doesn't impose its ideas of the registration act outside its borders,if anything, i can see ant man taking spideys place more than anything

and an internet blogging doc doom is impractical, sry, it just takes away from the fierceness of his character,unless they want to make a f4 comedy for preteens then so be it... but a guy who is steady always plotting for power and is the leader of his own country wouldnt be bogging..i dont get it but ill wait and see..

storm and sue have always been bro and sis..it will always be that way, thats canon, its also why marvel is saying bye to printing f4 comics
    Last edited by RADIOACTIVE MAN; 11-20-2014 at 11:33 AM.

I think some of the traditional Doom story would fit well into todays society. coming from a lower class of life, but his parents were used by a greedy overlord, then to rise up and conquer a country.

plus done well, he can link together with many other story lines. even the Civil War story line from what I know of it

Guarded by Martyrs makes some good points on how Marvel giving the rights to some superheroes to other movie studios has ensured a continuous stream of superhero movies. So I guess there's ups and downs to this story.

I'm not buying Doom as an internet blogger. That will seriously lessen my enjoyment of the Fan4 movie. Say all you want about the 1994 disaster but at least the characters stayed true to their roots and that part of the movie actually worked (especially Reed, Doom & Ben), despite some bland acting and an extremely limited budget.
    Retired.

God Beside Me Guarded By Martyrs's Avatar
    Front Row Tickets |Watching The Apocalypse|

Quote Originally Posted by RADIOACTIVE MAN View Post
    black panther cant take spideys place in the movie, it would make no sense, black panther isnt american so the registration act wouldnt apply to him, and has no ties to stark industries, so it would'nt work.

I think once the whole "Vibranium" thing comes to pass he's gonna be key.
    And I don't think it makes a slight bit of difference whether he's American or not.
    I think that that's gonna be their angle : you're either human or not / 1 of us or 1 of them.
    You have something that "normal" people don't possess - you need to register:
    Nationality / Ethnicity / Standard Of Living / Social-Status etc... all go out the window.

The storyline the comic took is now somewhat irrelevant here....
    As all the pieces are not on the board.

spidey is supposed to be iron mans right hand man who goes rogue after getting disillusioned with what tony starks and reed are doing to their captives, panther and namor spearhead an international coalition to make sure america doesn't impose its ideas of the registration act outside its borders,if anything, i can see ant man taking spideys place more than anything

Interesting I agree with the Ant-Man point....
    Perhaps feeling guilty by creating the blueprint for ULTRON that Tony awakened?

and an internet blogging doc doom is impractical, sry, it just takes away from the fierceness of his character,unless they want to make a f4 comedy for preteens then so be it... but a guy who is steady always plotting for power and is the leader of his own country wouldnt be bogging..i dont get it but ill wait and see..
    I just think they tried twice before and fucked it up big time....
    So a young "Doom In The Making" (Toby Kebbell) will bring some gravitas
    To a much unknown character....now from there....then the sky's the limit.
    By the sounds of it they are meticulously setting out his path
    So the audience can begin to understand his struggle & virtues.
    Showing off his superior intelligence at grass roots.

Like I said : look how young they all are!?
    You want dude to be sitting on a throne with mad Doombots circling him already lol

storm and sue have always been bro and sis..it will always be that way, thats canon
    Yeah I'm guessing they grew up together just another little extra difference
    Last edited by Guarded By Martyrs; 11-20-2014 at 01:15 PM.

what about the 2099 storylines?

those could translate well into film and definitely appeal to a wide audience

but yes, marvel selling rights ensured alot of films..which is good and bad, i feel like marvel oversees their work better,look at guardians of the galaxy..easily one of the best comic adaptations ive ever seen..(maybe im biased cause im more into cosmic shit)

^^^^^looks like someone shares my sentiment

lol ya, im not sold on Doom being a computer hacker. I cant see the direction....... is Reed Richards, who is a genius, supposed to fear that? cmon on son

^^^^^looks like someone shares my sentiment
    These guys are right, but also annoying as fuck. How many goddamn lattes do these fuckers down before they tape lol.

lmfao at the Aunt May movie. But then again, the Agent Carter short worked really well, so it might be in that vein.

Next thing you know DC will take some pages out of Marvel's book by taking over the Happy Feet franchise : "Happy Feet 3 : Rise of the Penguin".

Retired.

God Beside Me Guarded By Martyrs's Avatar
    Front Row Tickets |Watching The Apocalypse|

Quote Originally Posted by THE MASON View Post
    lol ya, im not sold on Doom being a computer hacker. I cant see the direction....... is Reed Richards, who is a genius, supposed to fear that? cmon on son
    Yes. And he will.

It's 101 = 4 VS 1

An Arrogant Genius is far more dangerous than a Righteous Genius.

Think of the kid with the camera from "Chronicle" as the Doom Stencil....

I guess, I still don't know if I can buy into it. sometimes these attempts at "real life" comic book movies bother me. trying make people relate to the characters in a real manner. (ie. the internet blogger thing)

fuck that, I wanna see some over the top shit that's over the top.

this is a "plausible" story line for fan 4
    (may be fake, some say its true...who knows)

http://nerdreactor.com/2014/11/17/fa...-store-clerks/

Reed is a genius convenience store clerk with Ben. Reed's parents don't care about him, and Ben's dad is abusive. They're good friends and have each other's backs. Reed writes a paper for community college on teleportation that attracts the attention of Dr. Franklin Storm, CEO of the Baxter Building research center.

Storm has a son, Johnny, and an adoptive daughter, Sue, whose father, Storm's old partner, died in an experiment gone wrong. Johnny and Sue are party kids, and Sue is particularly disdainful of science. Reed and Sue don't get along at first.

Victor Doomashev is a anti-social Eastern European computer programmer and hacktivist who calls himself "Doom". He hates the 1%, particularly Storm, whom he claims corrupts science for profit.

Storm uses Reed's paper to complete some equations on a machine to access another dimension, the N-Zone. Reed invites Ben to watch the machine being turned on. Sue and Johnny are also there. Doom manages to hack into the Baxter Building's servers and use a computer virus to damage the machine, which explodes. Reed, Sue, Johnny and Ben are exposed to otherwordly energy and become mutants with powers that they can't control.

Storm takes them to the Baxter Building and creates containment suits for their powers. They begin to train. Reed and Storm also begin developing a way to revert the accident. Sue blames Reed for everything, but they eventually become friends and then a couple. Ben can switch off his powers when he's not in danger. Johnny changes colors based on heat intensity, and Sue has some borderline telekinetic thing. Reed is pretty much Reed.

Doom finds out that the four have acquired powers and becomes angry it's not him, so he comes up with a plan to break into the Baxter Building to access the N-Zone through the rebuild machine. As a distraction, he reprograms a bunch of stolen military drones, the "Doombots", to attack the building. The four come together as a team for the first time and save people.

Doom activates the machine and gets technopathy powers or something, basically energy blasts and making machines obey to him, and a fight ensues. The machine goes critical, and, in order to prevent it from exploding and destroying the city, the four push into it and Storm shuts it off.

There's a countdown before it reaches critical mass. Inside the N-Zone, the four battle Doom again, and manage to leave him trapped there after he disfigures himself soaking up too much power. The Four manage to escape, but Ben gets the blunt of it to protect Reed and can't switch back.

The machine is destroyed, Doom is gone, the four have learned to work as a team, and Reed vows to find a cure for Ben. And it ends there.

----------------------------------------

courtesy of Bobby_Digital72

Non Ignorants

i....dont know...how to feel about this plot...sounds dope for something other than f4, seems to me like he is taking the christopher nolan approach with this,trying to apply realism into it

Quote Originally Posted by chiba View Post
    this is a "plausible" story line for fan 4
    (may be fake, some say its true...who knows)

http://nerdreactor.com/2014/11/17/fa...-store-clerks/

Reed is a genius convenience store clerk with Ben. Reed's parents don't care about him, and Ben's dad is abusive. They're good friends and have each other's backs. Reed writes a paper for community college on teleportation that attracts the attention of Dr. Franklin Storm, CEO of the Baxter Building research center.

Storm has a son, Johnny, and an adoptive daughter, Sue, whose father, Storm's old partner, died in an experiment gone wrong. Johnny and Sue are party kids, and Sue is particularly disdainful of science. Reed and Sue don't get along at first.

Victor Doomashev is a anti-social Eastern European computer programmer and hacktivist who calls himself "Doom". He hates the 1%, particularly Storm, whom he claims corrupts science for profit.

Storm uses Reed's paper to complete some equations on a machine to access another dimension, the N-Zone. Reed invites Ben to watch the machine being turned on. Sue and Johnny are also there. Doom manages to hack into the Baxter Building's servers and use a computer virus to damage the machine, which explodes. Reed, Sue, Johnny and Ben are exposed to otherwordly energy and become mutants with powers that they can't control.

Storm takes them to the Baxter Building and creates containment suits for their powers. They begin to train. Reed and Storm also begin developing a way to revert the accident. Sue blames Reed for everything, but they eventually become friends and then a couple. Ben can switch off his powers when he's not in danger. Johnny changes colors based on heat intensity, and Sue has some borderline telekinetic thing. Reed is pretty much Reed.

Doom finds out that the four have acquired powers and becomes angry it's not him, so he comes up with a plan to break into the Baxter Building to access the N-Zone through the rebuild machine. As a distraction, he reprograms a bunch of stolen military drones, the "Doombots", to attack the building. The four come together as a team for the first time and save people.

Doom activates the machine and gets technopathy powers or something, basically energy blasts and making machines obey to him, and a fight ensues. The machine goes critical, and, in order to prevent it from exploding and destroying the city, the four push into it and Storm shuts it off.

There's a countdown before it reaches critical mass. Inside the N-Zone, the four battle Doom again, and manage to leave him trapped there after he disfigures himself soaking up too much power. The Four manage to escape, but Ben gets the blunt of it to protect Reed and can't switch back.

The machine is destroyed, Doom is gone, the four have learned to work as a team, and Reed vows to find a cure for Ben. And it ends there.

----------------------------------------

i....dont know...how to feel about this plot...sounds dope for something other than f4, seems to me like he is taking the christopher nolan approach with this,trying to apply realism into it
    Or a good Tv show perhaps?

I guess we will have to wait for a trailer ?
    Im pretty curious to see how it looks.

alot of people are saying that fan 4 will feel like a chronicle movie?

courtesy of Bobby_Digital72

Non Ignorants