Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: X-Men / Marvel news

^^ Weren't you in the Masters of Evil with him?

I don't remember Baron Zemo (Jr.) being included in the original Civil War story line but then again I didn't get to read all issues. This villain has so much history he deserves to be in a movie.
    Retired.

I never got around to reading the Civil War story...... so I don't really understand the significance other then it breaks the Marvel characters into factions

how can they have the Civil War and then go into another Avengers?

Quote Originally Posted by THE MASON View Post
    I never got around to reading the Civil War story...... so I don't really understand the significance other then it breaks the Marvel characters into factions

how can they have the Civil War and then go into another Avengers?
    because after iron man became a tool and betrayed the heros with the registration act, captain america and falcon proceed to go and recruit new avengers who do not believe in the registration act, so i believe the next avengers wont be the same line up , i believe iron man,hank pym,spidey will be officially shield operatives while a new line up is made

Quote Originally Posted by 5th state View Post
    ^^ Weren't you in the Masters of Evil with him?

I don't remember Baron Zemo (Jr.) being included in the original Civil War story line but then again I didn't get to read all issues. This villain has so much history he deserves to be in a movie.
    yea in thew civil war, shield recruits him and the thunderbolts to hunt down heros to wipe their villain sheets clean, little do they know, zemo is a cunning mastermind using that opportunity and sheild resources to create his own defacto army of supervillains...he pretty much plays both sides to his advantage

Quote Originally Posted by RADIOACTIVE MAN View Post
    because after iron man became a tool and betrayed the heros with the registration act, captain america and falcon proceed to go and recruit new avengers who do not believe in the registration act, so i believe the next avengers wont be the same line up , i believe iron man,hank pym,spidey will be officially shield operatives while a new line up is made
    i still have my fingers crossed that they'll somehow get spidey to feature in the movie.
    hopefully fan 4 abomination completely bombs in theaters and marvel somehow get the rights back (to see mr.fantastic in civil war).

Its gonna be interesting to see who they shuffle in to replace spidey, wolverine,xmen , and mr fantastic , if they cant get the rights.

courtesy of Bobby_Digital72

Non Ignorants

Quote Originally Posted by chiba View Post
    i still have my fingers crossed that they'll somehow get spidey to feature in the movie.
    hopefully fan 4 abomination completely bombs in theaters and marvel somehow get the rights back (to see mr.fantastic in civil war).

Its gonna be interesting to see who they shuffle in to replace spidey, wolverine,xmen , and mr fantastic , if they cant get the rights.
    Bro,u make a great point there,i have wondered how this will work because spidey,mr fantastic,,ms marvel,invisible woman and spider woman play very key roles in this story,now that i think about it,they made no mention of goliath and i believe after thors clone kills him, the dynamic of the whole story changed..,we shall see

Yea buddy !!
    Marvel finally has gotten its movies down!
    It sucks that they lost Xmen & Spidey.

I dont think Civil War will be the same as in the comics tho
    Its gonna be tweaked a bit because of the rights issues.
    Maybe theyll be able to cut a deal for spidey...but knowing fox they would want spidey and wolverine to be the center of attenion...
    That said, I still think the Civil war Movie will be epic (marvel will compensate for not having spidey etc)

Civil War is Marvels middle finger & answer to DC for releasing bats vs supes

courtesy of Bobby_Digital72

Non Ignorants

if Marvel had Xmen and Spiderman, they could have done some really great things. especially with the Avengers.

even the movies they could have done for those characters would have been great. I liked the last couple of X Men movies, thought they were really well done. but I haven't enjoyed one spiderman movie at all

also, this new Fan4 movie............. I want to think it will be good but I have been let down too many times

also, this new Fan4 movie............. I want to think it will be good but I have been let down too many times
    i hate to say it but i think its gonna be trash...a black johnny storm?? an anti social internet blogger dr doom? LMAO

a black johnny storm??
    Oh, this is new to me. Like when they had a black Kingpin on 'Daredevil'?

I don't know why producers & directors make these choices, fans will always be disappointed.

Interesting list on this topic below ...
    http://pleasedontstare.com/2011/06/1...lacement-hero/
    Retired.

I don't much about the Fan4 film. but those aren't great things about try and change the story

problem is, they could make such a great movie with those characters but for some reason, they cant put it all together

yes,its that stupid affirmative action pc garbage i cant stand where they are pretentiously trying to "cater" to everyone, its so freaking transparent it makes me cringe, its like shit...the comic world was the one thing you can delve into,truly enjoy it without worrying about dumb nonsensical things like race,religion,sexual orientations etc and all of a sudden,they are joining the bandwagon which is really dissapointed me greatly...like why change these characters races,and sexual orientation?? to please people who otherwise would not even give a shit about comics or have never supported the industry, its kinda like how these stupid feminists wanted to have a say in comic cons now that its a huge thriving industry..the shit annoys me, stan lee,jack kirby,alan moor, bill finger etc knew what they were doing, why change their ideas..i dont wanna see a black johnny story..just like i hated seeing a black king pin...the only exception is nick fury because they initially created the charecter black to adapt to a different universe

God Beside Me Guarded By Martyrs's Avatar
    Front Row Tickets |Watching The Apocalypse|

Your fingers are gonna be hurting.

Really?
    Like they need him in there?
    This is the "Marvel Cinematic Universe" therefor he doesn't exist.
    I have a hard time understanding fans wanting a replica of the comic books?

Judging by the unveiling Marvel did I'm guessing Black Panther will take Spidey's role.
    With him being like his own boss ect...
    After that - the whole blueprint is completely different from the setup:
    There are no hidden identities in the "Cinematic Universe"

So it's gonna be more about Government Control of these people with abilities.
    And Cap ain't down for that bullshit, you could see this begin when he says to Fury:

"This Isn't Freedom....This Is Fear"

After Tony awakens Hank Pym's "Peace-Keeping-Program" (ULTRON)
    Stark doen't see any option but to be "Controlled" due to the fallout.

Considering himself of sound mind & judgment....
    Imagining someone like Banner loosing his cool...on purpose that kind of thought pattern.

Yea buddy !!
    Marvel finally has gotten its movies down!
    It sucks that they lost Xmen & Spidey.
    You do know that this is the very reason why we get to see so many of these movies?
    The fact that it's let out 2 of the biggest properties and 3 Studio's work on Marvel Movies.
    Now that they've unveiled their slate they will have to be doing near on 3 movies a year!

Everything being under the same umbrella "Marvel Studios" would mean that:
    We would probably only get one a year....look how long it's taking/gonna take DC.

I hated the "Amazing Spiderman 2" but it made like 400 Million or whatever so....yeah.
    Although I did enjoy it's predecessor quite a bit if I'm honest.
    If the !Sinister Six" movies is serious and the do justice to "Venom" then that's all good.

And I actually really liked the X-Men films as well now had they been at Marvel forever....
    Just stop and think what we would get to watch or even be aware of....

"INHUMANS" is Marvel's answer to no longer owning the right's for X-Men

i hate to say it but i think its gonna be trash...a black johnny storm?? an anti social internet blogger dr doom? LMAO
    You do know who's playing DOOM right?
    Last edited by Guarded By Martyrs; 11-20-2014 at 11:21 AM.

im all for adaptations, that's also whats great about comic books but I just went a looked at somethings for this movie, and it makes no sense at all.

so black johnny storm, and a white sue storm? is he adopted? whats the play here?

I know what you mean Shifter, Nick Fury move worked and its Sam Jackson so that helped, but it worked.

also, why do they insist on fuckin up the Dr. Doom character. jesus Christ, he's one of the best supervillians with a great back story

God Beside Me Guarded By Martyrs's Avatar
    Front Row Tickets |Watching The Apocalypse|

im all for adaptations, that's also whats great about comic books but I just went a looked at somethings for this movie, and it makes no sense at all.
    How so?

so black johnny storm, and a white sue storm? is he adopted? whats the play here?
    Yeah I believe they are brother & sister by Law not Blood.

also, why do they insist on fuckin up the Dr. Doom character. jesus Christ, he's one of the best supervillians with a great back story
    lol I just think it's too far fetched in this day and age.
    I actually kinda like the angle they are going given their age-range.

Who knows where it will go, I just think they are trying to keep it as grounded as possible.
    Much like the mould for "X-Men : First Class" and that turned out very well indeed
    A "re-boot" of sorts if you will.
    Last edited by Guarded By Martyrs; 11-20-2014 at 11:30 AM.