Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Method Man Explains "Crystal Meth" Album Delay (RZA)

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
    If it wasn't for Rza no1 hears of wu period end of fuckin story

Banned

See, when RZA was at his peak and easily the best in the game he drops

Tical
    RTT36
    OB4CL
    LS
    Ironman

Then they all go and "branch out" with other dudes for their underwhelming follow up albums (except for Ghost with SC was dope but didn't RZA produce like half the album anyway) so why weren't they still fuckin with RZA at his peak? Especially Method Man who has made some utter garbage post Tical. Pretty much only Ghost has made consistently good albums without RZA.

Yeah sure RZA took that "you ain't a real musician" to heart and changed but he was still doing it Wu with The W while the others were making garbage
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Why RZA gotta be an asshole like that, surely he can't of been busy 365 for the past 3 years.
    "Read the sign hip-hoppers"

-

LOL@Zooruka and Mumm Ra hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Method Man doesn't need The RZA's beats when there's lots of producers that could give him beats. Method Man is just making excuses and i don't wanna hear anymore solo albums from him anyway because his albums suck.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

Veteran Member

Charles GAR and UC Both had multiple RZA tracks on them not just one. SC has rzas fingers all over because he arranged that album with Ghost and mixed everyone elses contributions himself. SC is a Rza album

-

What's GAR and UC?

The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

Fearless Vampire Killer UNCLE RUCKUS's Avatar

I'm guess he means Uncontrolled Substance and Golden Arms Redemption. I doubt it's cause of laziness since him and Redman have practically been touring since 2000 but more likely he just wants to release a product that fans and critics aren't gonna shit on him for

ummm 4th disciple?

cmon meth dont need rza

----------------------------------------------------------

Terry Cloth Rudolph Joint Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar

Honestly, after listening to 12 Reasons to Die - Brown Tape I don't know why more people from the clan aren't hitting Apollo Brown up for beats. He's the only person who's really brought that authentic Wu sounds in recent years.

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

Veteran Member

Or even Roc Marciano, he's got beats.

Veteran Member

I we are all forgetting his the ABBOT
    WU-TANG FOREVER.
    GHANA REPRESENTING

Lame excuse for not dropping any music in years.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jin10304 View Post
    Charles GAR and UC Both had multiple RZA tracks on them not just one. SC has rzas fingers all over because he arranged that album with Ghost and mixed everyone elses contributions himself. SC is a Rza album
    Wasn't there like only 1 or 2 RZA beats each on GAR & UC? Deck himself produced most of UC didn't he? It's a shame that RZA's stupid flood bullshit cost Inspectah Deck a lot of beats. I still liked UC but damn Deck in his absolute prime on a RZA album when he was in his prime, what could have been...
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Wu-Veteran

UC? It shouls be called US or UCS if you really look at it...but anyways..

Method Man looks like he's lost all interest in being a rapper. He's still got his skills..he just does not seem enthused by it anymore. Seems a lot more intrigued by the acting business.
    Its interesting to know that it wasnt only Raekwon that had an issue with Wu Music Group (the business). It was also Method Man from what I heard...only difference is he wouldn't let that spill out into a public issue that could perhaps jeapordize the entire clan. He's always been a team player..and has taken a lot of the negative backlash on his solo career for the sacrifices made by being the "baby face" or "commercially marketable" member of the crew.

Im shocked if RZA truly isn't devoting any time to Crystal Mef by pure choice ...I'd probably chock it up to "A Better Tomorrow" and the business of "Once Upon A Time In Shaolin" taking up mist if not all of his music related time. RZA stays working in Hollywood now too so for him to even put the time he already has on the Wu album...is a feat in itself.

But I do wonder what's really going on. Meth doesn't look happy at all.

Veteran Member

RZA said a while ago he was ready, but Method was the one that wouldn't get into the studio...