Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Method Man Explains "Crystal Meth" Album Delay (RZA)

Terry Cloth Rudolph Joint Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar

Default Method Man Explains "Crystal Meth" Album Delay (RZA)

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/i...th-album-delay

Exclusive: "I"m trying ya'll," Method Man says of working with RZA. "I been speaking to him for the past three, four years."

As Method Man approaches the 20th anniversary of his solo debut this November, the Wu-Tang Clan emcee explained the years-long delay of an album tentatively titled Crystal Meth in an interview with HipHopDX.

“Can’t get RZA on board for some reason,” he says in a clip that debuted in today’s DX Daily (October 13). “I’m trying ya’ll. I've been speaking to him for the past three, four years. I’ma give it to you raw, I been saying, ‘Fuck with me. Fuck with me RZA.’ Telling other people, ‘Tell RZA to fuck with me.’ Fuck with me RZA. But he’s a busy man. And I’m proud of him. Oh my God, he took it way further than I could have ever dream of. He’s like a fucking inspiration, real talk. Real shit. He should just get back in the studio with me one more time, that’s all. Just one more time.”

Method Man’s 1994 platinum-certified debut Tical was produced almost exclusively by RZA. The Staten Island emcee’s last solo album, 4:21... The Day After, was released in 2006.

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

Rza getting hollywood money....trust me,he doesnnt give a fuck about music like that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by RADIOACTIVE MAN View Post
    Rza getting hollywood money....trust me,he doesnnt give a fuck about music like that anymore
    Who cares. Rza already had plenty of doe, If method man has to beg rza for help, meth should tell rza to eat a dick.

Anyway Rza' beat are not even good anymore.

I feel what ya'll saying but on the same token I remember a time (the solo albums after Wu-Tang Forever) when all the Clan members wanted to venture off without RZA's sound due to the fact the he "fell off" (to be fair that's when he started experimenting more on the musical side of things with his Bobby Digital stuff and live instrumentation as opposed to his trademark samples). Tical 2000 had RZA on it only because Meth started working on that album immediately after Wu Forever, Beneath The Surface only had about one RZA a track, Uncontrolled Substance had one I think, U-God's album was only executive produced by RZA because he was signed to Wu-Tang Records at the time, which was owned by RZA (but even THAT album had about only ONE RZA track) Immobilarity had NO RZA whatsoever and even Nigga Please was mainly produced by the top producers of the time (Neptunes, Irv Gotti, among others), and Supreme Clientele (again, as in U-God's case, due to the fact that Ghost was signed to Razor Sharp, RZA's other label at the time) although executive produced by RZA, only had a couple of his beats. It hasn't been until recent years, when RZA has achieved new found success in Hollywood and critical acclaim scoring Hollywood blockbuster hit soundtracks that the Clan members have taken an interest in him. Yet I remember a time when they really didn't even want to fuck with him. PEACE.
    Last edited by LordReveal; 10-13-2014 at 11:11 PM.
    The Holy Temple Is The Mental

Quote Originally Posted by zooruka View Post
    If method man has to beg rza for help, meth should tell rza to eat a dick.
    This, pretty disappointing really. Should just do it without him, plenty of other producers capable of making good beats, he's just gotta pick em right

Last edited by hashashin; 10-15-2014 at 02:05 AM. Reason: double post!

shaolin shadowboxer Frank Drebin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LordReveal View Post
    I feel what ya'll saying but on the same token I remember a time (the solo albums after Wu-Tang Forever) when all the Clan members wanted to venture off without RZA's sound due to the fact the he "fell off" (to be fair that's when he started experimenting more on the musical side of things with his Bobby Digital stuff and live instrumentation as opposed to his trademark samples). Tical 2000 had RZA on it only because Meth started working on that album immediately after Wu Forever, Beneath The Surface only had about one RZA a track, Uncontrolled Substance had one I think, U-God's album was only executive produced by RZA because he was signed to Wu-Tang Records at the time, which was owned by RZA (but even THAT album had about only ONE RZA track) Immobilarity had NO RZA whatsoever and even Nigga Please was mainly produced by the top producers of the time (Neptunes, Irv Gotti, among others), and Supreme Clientele (again, as in U-God's case, due to the fact that Ghost was signed to Razor Sharp, RZA's other label at the time) although executive produced by RZA, only had a couple of his beats. It hasn't been until recent years, when RZA has achieved new found success in Hollywood and critical acclaim scoring Hollywood blockbuster hit soundtracks that the Clan members have taken an interest in him. Yet I remember a time when they really didn't even want to fuck with him. PEACE.
    true true
    Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Allah is my bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodman View Post
    Can’t stand Cilvaringz, by the way.... It’s never us coming with the gimmicks. It’s always on the outside, a "B" Wu guy or somebody like that coming with some crap that’s just so gimmicky. It makes you scratch your head and say, ‘Why Wu-Tang?’ when it’s not Wu-Tang.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    That's a guy in those pictures who's a woman?

Quote Originally Posted by hashashin View Post
    pretty disappointing really. Should just do it without him, plenty of other producers capable of making good beats, he's just gotta pick em right

Seriously, Meth shouldn't have to beg (Neither should any of the clan really). Rza has promoted /produced albums/ joints for plenty of garbage m.c'/groups and what now he is to Hollywood for his own crew. Rza must have a short memory, because if it wasn't for method man's break out popularity/charisma when Wu was starting out, rza would probably be back in staten island, kickin it with rns and gp wu lol.

shaolin shadowboxer Frank Drebin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zooruka View Post
    Seriously, Meth shouldn't have to beg (Neither should any of the clan really). Rza has promoted /produced albums/ joints for plenty of garbage m.c'/groups and what now he is to Hollywood for his own crew. Rza must have a short memory, because if it wasn't for method man's break out popularity/charisma when Wu was starting out, rza would probably be back in staten island, kickin it with rns and gp wu lol.
    If it wasn't for Rza no1 hears of wu period end of fuckin story
    Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Allah is my bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodman View Post
    Can’t stand Cilvaringz, by the way.... It’s never us coming with the gimmicks. It’s always on the outside, a "B" Wu guy or somebody like that coming with some crap that’s just so gimmicky. It makes you scratch your head and say, ‘Why Wu-Tang?’ when it’s not Wu-Tang.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    That's a guy in those pictures who's a woman?

mef stop complaining, if u really wanted this to happen, it would have been done by now.

Peace CT

I never know who to believe anymore when it comes to the Clan. Meth is known for being a procrastinator and RZA gives beats to Free Murder. Would love for these 2 to get some studio time one last time but its not 1994 anymore. Maybe Meth could at least get some vault tracks. Peace

hope this works out

meth's been dropping mega duds since after tical 2000 without RZA because of his horrible ear for beats, now he finally comes to his senses and can't get RZA in the studio. shame.

matter of fact forget RZA, meth just needs to hit up 4th Disciple for all his beat needs

Terry Cloth Rudolph Joint Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar

^Weren't they working together on a mixtape for this or something?

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

i wanna say so yeah

i had a ticket to his concert last tuesday that got cancelled too

With all due respect. There are ALOT of producers who would love to work with Mr Meth! Meth just seems stuck with the idea of Eric Sermon, Mathematics and RZA.

I believe there are ALOT of Beats Method Man can slaughter, there are alot of fire beats that combines the elements of elder school and newer school. So he can make a fire album thats relevant and satisfy his core fans at the same time. I just feel that Meth maybe is too proud to reach out to people.. maybe Im wrong..

But we all know Meth can KILL a track. He just needs the right beats, that speaks to him and elevates him to perform. We would love to hear new Meth flows and more personal lyrics. Me myself, I enjoyed his freestyle on Westwood. Seriosuly, he killed that shit!!

I hope and expect the best Method Man album ever, and the time is right for it! He developed alot and have become more lyrical than he ever was.

Just please.. make sure the production is right... It's unrealistic to expect RZA to deliver a bunch of beats that makes Method Mans album.
    -----> Check Rev. William Burks aka Chuuuch "Nigowkno", "Runnit" and "Ganja"
    -----> KAMi Genesis, vol1, vol2 and vol3- beat tapes
    https://open.spotify.com/artist/48z4...QcWWL0Pat0qEDQ