Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When the bank calls you know you're fucked

Default When the bank calls you know you're fucked

Bank lady called me yesterday, said we need to meet asap cuz I maxed out the credit cards, the visa card, spent everything in my savings account and got about 500 euros left on my regular account which is actually in the (deep) red too. That money will be gone by the end of the month (some incoming bills). It seems the final blow was my trip to England two weeks ago (strip club money...)

I'm pretty much fucked

Gonna try and throw in the retirement money I've been saving which I can't officially get at yet. I wonder how that's going to work out. It won't be enough to clear my debts but I guess it's a start (at least if they can get at that money) and hopefully it will calm the creditors down.

Well, I had a good time while it lasted.

Since I still have my job I can probably keep the house. If not I'll have to sell it to clear my debt and start renting. I'll find out on Friday. Ironically, renting will be more expensive than paying off the mortgage cuz I bought the house when the estate market was in shambles. On the upside, I should be able to sell the place with at least some profit.

Alternatively I can still try to refinance my debts with another bank but I think they're gonna blacklist me with all banks.

Interesting times to say the least.
    -----------------------------------
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 10-15-2014 at 07:14 PM.
    Retired.

Banned

That sucks man. The banks are cunts. At least you had fun at the strip club, I did that a few years ago when I lost my job spent it all on miss Czech Republic of the year and falling asleep in the taxi cost more than it did to grope her for hours lol

Lol the bank called me about a month ago because I went overdrawn in an account and haven't touched it for a few months. I still gotta pay $77 or some shit now I cut it down in recent weeks but I'm gonna wait until they call me again. She threatened me with "well if it doesn't get paid you'll get a bad credit rating with us" like I give a fuck about a credit rating I'll never be in a position to borrow I couldn't give a fuck

They're persistent cunts too. They rang me 3 times a day on my mobile then 5 minutes later I'd get a call on the house phone. I didn't answer them after the first time because it was automated bullshit that I had to verify who I am and cbf with the process.
    Last edited by The Hound; 10-15-2014 at 08:24 PM.
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hound View Post
    She threatened me with "well if it doesn't get paid you'll get a bad credit rating with us" like I give a fuck about a credit rating I'll never be in a position to borrow I couldn't give a fuck

You should care about your credit rating (It's somewhat foolish to think otherwise).

Banned

Why? I'll never have a job where I earn enough money to take out a $600-800k loan to buy a house and save for a deposit and I don't ever plan on getting credit cards, I don't even qualify for one right now. No need to be scared about the credit rating threat, fuck them.
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

^^ Good song!
    Retired.

The banks are cunts.
    That sums it up.

But of course I gotta take the blame too. I was the one who spent the money. They were the ones who allowed me to get deeper & deeper into debt. About once every two months they sent me a letter saying 'You're such a good customer, paying off your debts (which I wasn't really) is going well, why don't you take out an order for an even larger credit line.'

I went from a 1,500 euro credit line to a 2,000 one and then slowly made my way down to minus 5,000.

All in all I'm supposed to cough about 7,000 euro. I blew about 10,000 euros in a year and a half, mostly money which I didn't have.

As long as I keep the job I think I'm gonna be alright, but I think the bank might put me on a limited budget, like only giving me half (or less?) of my pay check. I'll find out tomorrow.
    Retired.

Why? I'll never have a job where I earn enough money to take out a $600-800k loan to buy a house and save for a deposit and I don't ever plan on getting credit cards, I don't even qualify for one right now. No need to be scared about the credit rating threat, fuck them.
    100% correct.
    Retired.

Yeah, they're bastards for keep on increasing the credit limit when they can obviously see you're having difficulty getting it paid off anyway. Happened to me when I was about 20, once I finally got it paid off I rang up to cancel my credit card immediately and they tried their very best to convince me that I should keep it open. I've never had anything on credit since then

That's some good advice. If and when I get to that point, I'll throw the credit cards out the window too.

What worries me is that between this and ten years paying will happen online standard. Saw this show on TV about Apple Pay and I think a lot of people will end up spending way more than expected because you don't think about paying any more. The host of the show said companies are working on systems where you go to a shop, get your groceries and stuff and just leave. As soon as you leave the shop the money will be billed to your smartphone.
    Retired.

God Beside Me Guarded By Martyrs's Avatar
    Front Row Tickets |Watching The Apocalypse|

Quote Originally Posted by zooruka View Post
    You should care about your credit rating (It's somewhat foolish to think otherwise).
    "somewhat foolish" ?

Bank lady called me today and postponed the meeting till the end of October. Don't know what that's about but I guess in the mean time I'd better keep the lid on the expenses. I hope I get my tax return before the meeting takes place. It's due between October & December. To be continued ...
    Retired.

You should've diversified your bonds wigga.

lol
    Retired.

So I got this letter a week and a half ago saying I had to pay up a little over €1,000 before the end of the month. Which I couldn't. Since I'm in way over my head. Now they sent me a letter today saying I have to pay €2,500 by the end of the month because of damages and additional costs. What in the actual fuck. If I don't come up with the money they will contact my employer so they can get the money from my next few paycheck(s). I'm sure he'll just love hearing that news.

If nothing gives by the middle of next month they will collect the whole lump sum
    (€7,000) one way or another.

Also, they blocked all my credit cards.

I still have that meeting with the bank lady tomorrow and I hope I can convince her to release my retirement savings so far (€3,000) which is the last money I own in 'real cash'. Problem is you're not supposed to be able to get at that money before you turn 60 or 65, I forget. If they do release it I assume they're gonna keep part of it for themselves, probably some small print bullshit I signed up for back in the day. I hope it doesn't exceed 10% so I still get enough to cover those €2,500 I'm supposed to pay up asap.

Those bank people are persistent motherfuckers, I've got to hand it to 'em.

Here's hoping tomorrow's convo goes well. I'm kinda stressed, I gotta admit.
    Retired.