Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Black panther movie confirmed.

Default Black panther movie confirmed.

http://www.cinemablend.com/m/new/Bla...ics-67921.html

Marvel phase 3

Remember during the aftermath of the Avengers: Age Of Ultron when everyone started speculating that Black Panther would make an appearance in the movie? Well, it turns out the speculation was right, at least on a vague level. We still don’t know whether T’Challa will show up in the upcoming film, but we do know he will be getting his own movie!

The announcement came today straight from Kevin Feige’s mouth during a special Marvel event on Hollywood Boulevard, featuring both journalists and fans. We don’t know a ton about the film yet, but we do know it will be released on November 3, 2017, smack dab in the middle of Phase 3. Perhaps more importantly, we know who will be playing him too! 42 star Chadwick Boseman.

Black Panther will be first introduced in Captain America 3: Civil War. Exactly how big of a role he will play is unclear, but given the subject matter and how many different superheroes that story involves, it actually makes sense that he would show up, especially if he's going to be a major force in the world moving forward.

More to come…
    Last edited by RADIOACTIVE MAN; 10-28-2014 at 02:24 PM.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Dope, we need a Doctor Strange movie soon also, not quite sure who would be a good choice though..

Default Black Panther (2018)

Marvel May Have Added Another Filmmaker To Its Black Panther Shortlist

Black Panther won’t be hitting theaters until 2018, but Marvel is already looking for the right creative mind to direct the superhero film. Yesterday, Selma director Ava DuVernay was linked by Marvel Studios to helm one of their movies, Black Panther or Captain Marvel being the likeliest choices. While the latter could still be an option, if it’s the former, DuVernay may now be facing some competition for Black Panther from filmmaker Rick Famuyiwa for the job.

Superhero news scooper Umberto Gonzalez posted this tease on Twitter Wednesday about how another "dope" director may be meeting with the folks from Marvel soon.

Umberto Gonzalez @elmayimbe
    RIDDLE RUMOR: What other DOPE director could be meeting at Marvel for BLACK PANTHER?

The use of "Dope" likely refers to Famuyiwa’s upcoming comedy-drama film Dope, which he wrote and directed. The film was screened at Sundance back in January and will be released in theaters this June. As far as Black Panther is concerned, however, Famuyiwa’s potential involvement should not be considered a done deal. If he is truly being looked at, his chances of being brought on to the solo film are just as good as DuVernay’s are. Famuyiwa’s body of work includes 1999’s The Wood, 2002’s Brown Sugar and 2010’s Our Family Wedding. It’s unknown whether he has any other projects lined up for the near future, but Black Panther is far enough away that he could work on another film and still direct King T’Challa’s solo adventure afterwards.

Not much is known about what’s in store for Black Panther at this point. The character, played by 42’s Chadwick Boseman, will debut in next year’s Captain America: Civil War, which will see the passing of the Superhuman Registration Act after an international incident involving the Avengers. Unlike the rest of the heroes in the movie, T’Challa will reportedly not favor either the pro-registration side or anti-registration side, but rather have his own agenda.

Black Panther was originally scheduled to be released on November 3, 2017, but after the new Spider-Man solo film was placed on the schedule, the solo Panther movie was moved to July 6, 2018, placing it several months after Avengers: Infinity War Part I is released.

No supporting characters for the film have been announced, but it was rumored last week that Martin Freeman’s character in Captain America: Civil War (said to be government agent Everett K. Ross) will return for Black Panther. If correct, this would mean the film has at least two lead cast members. As for the Black Panther villain, no one has been named yet, although one of T’Challa’s main nemeses from the comics, Ulysses Klaw (spelled "Klaue" in the MCU), had a minor role in Avengers: Age of Ultron.
    Retired.

Default Black Panther

Anyone gonna go see it? I'm going to go ahead a place an prediction that it'll be Marvel's highest selling movie, if not the highest or top three highest selling movies of all time. There's like, gofundme charities for ppl that can't afford to go see it lol.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

I am a comic book person, so I definitely will go see it. As far as top three goes, no. He is part of Marvel Comics' B Squad. He is not going to do X Men or Spider Man numbers. I would not mind seeing him do that, but know that it is not going to happen. If you want to do the cliche' black super hero comparison, then yes, I think he can outdo Blade numbers..

racism how they chose a black lead for the role.

i think top 3 would be an astronomical chance (itd have to pass Iron Man 3, Guardians of Galaxy, Captain America, Spider Man...) but I think it will blow away box office expectations anyway
    the buzz is ridiculous and i'm hearing perfect reviews, so that should attract people who don't care about the buzz or are tired of superhero movies in general such as myself

Yeah man I'll go check it out. The trailers look really good.

De mijne is 4x duurder!

https://hiphopdx.com/news/id.45822/t...panther-are-in

it's probably a very good movie but I'm not in the mood for a superhero movie right now, been reading a lot of weird tales and horror stories lately so that's what I'm wrapped up in

not an immediate watch, in March maybe and otherwise I'll watch it on my tablet
    Retired.

The surprise will come (obviously) from the amount of black people that are making it a religious duty to go to this movie is massive groups. I've been invited of 2Black Panther parties (lol) all have no less than 6 ppl, the largest one being 20. People are going in full african attire which is hyping the female audience as a chance to show out. My wife has been invited to 3 completely independent of the ones I've been invited to. None of these ppl were even aware the franchise existed so I'm not factoring the actual franchise fan base (which is decent but not huge)

It's already Marvel's highest selling pre-sale movie and i believe it just topped Star Wars in pre-sales. The I might get all it's sales in one big bang though.

Marvel fans are excited for the studio's Black Panther movie. The film, which hits theaters next month, set a record for the best first-day advance ticket sales for any Marvel movie, according to the website Fandango

http://fortune.com/2018/01/10/black-panther-advance-ticket-sales-marvel-record/

I was under the impression that Captain America: Civil War was marvel's highest grossing but I'm seeing that it's behind Ironman 3, Age of Ultron and the original Avengers in the highest grossing movies of all time list. I still stand by the prediction.
    Last edited by TSA; 01-31-2018 at 10:11 AM.

^^ that sounds like it's gonna draw a big crowd indeed

everybody please let me know how you liked the movie. if you give it rave reviews I might go and see it in February still

I'd also be interested in finding out what crowds the movie has drawn in at your particular viewing, what with TSA describing the invites he and his wife got. I didn't realize the push within the African American community for this movie was SO big

if I were in the US I'd definitely want to attend an early viewing, I think crowd reaction / participation will add an extra dimension to seeing the movie there

peace yall
    Retired.

first off, you werent invited to no parties. second , if you were accidently invited to a dumb party, youd have to say no thanks cause you have a solid block of wu corp posting to do that night, ya dig

i put that clown on my ignore list, how is it that he can still post in my threads..and im pretty sure he wasn't invited to shit...always lying and shit

@beerock, who told you I was going? LOL you're right, I'll be on wucorp. HBU?

So people in your crowd are going. That doesn't say anything about the total demographic.

De mijne is 4x duurder!