Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ironman turns 18 today

^^Good list. 'Camay', 'Fish', 'Black Jesus' and 'After The Smoke Is Clear' are perennial favorites of mine as well. Damn, the whole album is banging. 'Fish' is definitely in my top 10 Wu songs.
    Retired.

Such a classic. Remember buying the cassette tape in 96 and blastin the shit out of it, still got it, bought the CD last year too. Damn, how time flies...

PRODIGAL SUN

I remember before ghost released this classic, he was at the wu mansion talking about alcohol issues and not able to smoke , some kind of writers block. Then he splashed this album on us, acting like a weak link, then came with the best wu album. Shit, tony. Funny fucker.

did anyone else realize how funny Ghost's eyebrows look in the Can It Be All So Simple video?

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

Moderators alert!

Whomever doesn't think this album is a classic and/or likes Fish instead of loving the fuck out of it -> 20 year ban.

Thank you.

LOL that's like some "worship my god or I'll kill you" type shit.

Veteran Member

I remember walking a few kilometers to a friends house to make copy of this tape, I had just started high school in '97 (I was 15), on the 1st listen two track really hit me
    1. Motherless Child - because my moms died when I was 1yr old (Was raised by my grandma)
    2. All that I got is you - because I could relate to the poverty he was talking about

Now I am 32 and still banging Wu, in fact i'll play IronMan in my car when going home after work today.

Wu-tang forever, wu-tang worldwide
    WU-TANG FOREVER.
    GHANA REPRESENTING

crappadonna

Also, Raekwon destroys this LP, top 5 preformance by a emcee all time

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    Moderators alert!

Whomever doesn't think this album is a classic and/or likes Fish instead of loving the fuck out of it -> 20 year ban.

Thank you.
    Fish to me is THE Wu-sound.. as are so many of True Master's beats. Fucking sucks that he lost himself.

Peace CT

I had cassette back in the day, sucked "Marvel" wasn't on it. N then when I bought CD years later, "Soul Controller" wasn't on it. Guess it got removed on later issues for sample reasons. Anyway, I will never forget when I first heard "Assassination Day", Wu posse tracks in the 90s were a problem. Peace n Liquid Swords bday in a week.

copped the 2x vinyl for $15 yesterday, complete with dope ironman poster that'll make a good work desk decoration

RZA's production on this album was fuckin' UNREAL!!! Probably my favourite RZA produced album. Assassination Day is just craaazy and RZA spits an ill verse on there too!

I love how he just let's the instrumental ride out at the end of Marvel and brings that flute sound in. After The Smoke Is Clear is dopeness! Box In Hand is bangin, Meth was killing shit in '96, he should have waited and dropped his solo in 96!

Motherless Child, Black Jesus, Winter Warz, Soul Controller, all fuckin' sick tracks!! Reminds me of travelling to and from college on the bus with my huge ass CD walkman!

I've bought this album so many times... 5 times now I think. Originally had the cassette, then the CD. Then lost the CD, re-bought the CD only to find the new copy didn't have Soul Controller on it! Then had to hunt for an original copy with Soul Controller on it! Then copped that Gold edition box from Get On Down a year or so ago.

Peace!

crushed out heavenly Ghost In The 'Lac's Avatar

Still got the original Soul Controller version

Don't know how this song still isn't cleared for Spotify.

Best GFK song.

Damn I remember buying this album in 96, I always like it more then supreme, 18 years already damn I'm getting old.