Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: official suicide squad movie thread (2016)

Quote Originally Posted by Rev Jones View Post

and here's an additional set pic : https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/suicide-s...140611503.html

Im guessing from left to right its

Slipknot(Adam Beach) , Captain Boomerang ( Jai Courtney) , Enchantress (Cara Delevingne, bottom: Katana (Karen Fukuhara ), Rick Flagg (Joel Kinnaman),
    Harley Quinn (Margot Robbie), Deadshot (Will Smith), Killer Croc ( Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje ), El Diablo(Jay Hernandez)

Only ones missing is Joker (Jared Leto ) Deathstroke (Jim Parrack)
    and Common (Black Manta)

heres another pic of Deadshot

Last edited by chiba; 05-05-2015 at 02:52 PM.

courtesy of Bobby_Digital72

Non Ignorants

more info on that margot robbie (harley quinn) set pic https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/margot-ro...182800652.html
    Retired.

‘Suicide Squad': Viola Davis is ‘Fascinated, Excited’ To Play Amanda Waller

After Warner Bros. stunned even non-comic fans with their star-studded cast of Suicide Squad, there was one key role left unfilled, with legendary actress/talk show host Oprah Winfrey rumored to be the studio’s top choice. The role in question was that of ‘Amanda Waller,’ the no-nonsense government agent responsible for overseeing the eponymous squad – a role reported to be played by Viola Davis (The Help, How to Get Away With Murder).
    Those reports claimed that Davis – yet another potential Oscar-calibre cast member for a film once thought to be a second-tier WB/DC property – had simply been offered the part, but had yet to sign on the dotted line. Speaking with Nerd Report during the promotional tour for her upcoming hacker film Blackhat, Davis addressed the role and her casting directly.
    Unfortunately, Davis still speaks vaguely about just how attached she is to the production; but explicit confirmation or not, she’s already showing interest in bringing one of the more complex antagonists of the DC Comics universe to life:
    “I have not started reading [the comic book source material] yet. I’ve read up about her but I’m working out my schedule for Suicide Squad… I’m fascinated by her. I’m fascinated by her in this world of superhero-ness because she is not a woman that you would expect. I think that she is a massive contradiction. She’s this big powerful black woman, hard, ready to pick up a gun and shoot anyone at will. I’m fascinated in exploring her psychology, just put it that way. And I’m excited to pick up a gun.”
    “You know, I’ve done action before but I guess a lot of those scenes were cut in movies. Yeah, [Blackhat] was good research because I certainly had to do a lot of it.”
    Fans of the comics will be pleased to hear just how quickly Davis has keyed in on the most compelling aspects of Waller’s character. It’s fair to say that the elements of Amanda Waller that fascinate the actress are the same ones which have made her such a lasting presence in DC’s universe, taking on a more prominent role in the comics, animation, and even the TV universe. But the fact that Davis was sought out for the role also provides insight into just which version of the character audiences are in for when Suicide Squad arrives in 2016.

The version of the character most familiar to pre-New 52 DC Comics fans is likely the same: a large, powerful and notoriously cold-hearted government official, more than willing to send a criminal to death to prove a point (and get her job done). Yet in DC’s New 52 reboot, the Director of A.R.G.U.S. – a younger, thinner Waller – isn’t afraid to get her own hands dirty in the field. Since next to nothing is known about the actual story David Ayer is looking to tell with Suicide Squad, it’s best to hold off assuming that Davis will be embroiled in combat along with the more… lethal members of the team.
    Retired.

Tom Hardy Reveals Why He Dropped Out of SUICIDE SQUAD

Last night, director David Ayer released the first full cast image for the DC Comics adaptation Suicide Squad. The film revolves around a team of villains that are tasked with carrying out dangerous missions for the government in exchange for commuted sentences. The ensemble is certainly eclectic, with Will Smith as Deadshot, Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn, and Jared Leto as The Joker, but the cast nearly had yet another incredibly talented actor onboard: Tom Hardy.
    Hardy was in talks to take on the role of Rick Flagg, the leader of the Suicide Squad, but he was subsequently forced to drop out over scheduling conflicts. Joel Kinnaman eventually took over the role, but when Steve recently spoke with Hardy at the press day for Mad Max: Fury Road, the actor discussed his fondness for the script and concept for Suicide Squad (Note: “alley” means “right up there with the best”):
    “Warner Bros. is my home studio and I love them so I was really bummed out. I wanted to work on that and I know the script is really fucking alley and I also know what’s gonna happen with The Joker and Harley Quinn in that; I won’t give away too much…it’s fucking alley. And that whole territory is something that I would certainly—I mean, everybody loves The Joker. Everybody loves The Joker. Will Smith is a dope guy, but everybody loves The Joker and that’s gonna, I think, be a very important film for fans.”

While some rumors surfaced that Hardy was unhappy with the direction of the script and that’s why he dropped out of Suicide Squad, the actor reveals that schedule overruns on The Revenant are really and truly to blame:
    “There’s a very practical element as to why I’ve missed out on that foray, which is because Alejandro [G. Inarritu] has overshot by three months in Calgary, so we’ve got to go back out to Patagonia or Alaska to continue shooting The Revenant which has turned into a much bigger beast than we thought, but that also looks exceptional.”

The Revenant is Inarritu’s 1800s-set revenge drama about frontiersmen, with Leonardo DiCaprio playing a man left for dead by Hardy’s character. The picture is, of course, Inarritu’s follow-up to winning Best Director, Best Original Screenplay, and Best Picture at this year’s Oscars, but even though it started shooting last September and is set for release this December, it won’t be fully wrapped until this summer due to issues with the weather:
    “Literally we wrapped in Calgary for now until we go back in July. It would have smashed the two, I would’ve had a beard. It was just not gonna happen so I got ass-slammed technically out of Suicide Squad, gutted, so I had to hand it over to Joel Kinnaman, who will do an amazing job. It’s just I got bumped out, and that’s cool that’s the way it is.”

So Hardy is clearly a bit bummed to have missed out on Suicide Squad (and as a big fan of his work, as am I), but The Revenant is hopefully shaping up to be a worthwhile endeavor regardless.
    Retired.

^ apparently Hardy is interested in doing a Punisher Movie
    doubt that will happen tho as i think there's rumors of the Punisher being a netflicks series.

I dunno if this was posted but Common is casted for a role
    possibly black manta.. some are saying he could be Bronze Tiger (which would probably tie in with deathstroke since they know eachother)

http://screenrant.com/suicide-squad-...-black-mantra/

I think the white mask Will Smith is wearing is for CGI?
    or maybe they are going for this look?

Non Ignorants

Will smith is rocking the new 52 look with a blend of the classic quasi military look

Harley Quinn co-creator Bruce Timm thinks Suicide Squad's Harley is pretty cute

In 1992, when Paul Dini and Bruce Timm crafted the animated equivalent of a walk-on role for a girl in a clown suit in an early Joker-centric episode of Batman: The Animated Series, they couldn't have had any idea that Harley Quinn would go on be incorporated into the comic book side of the Batman universe. They certainly couldn't have predicted that in 2015 she'd be headlining one of the company's best selling books and be set to star in a live action Suicide Squad movie.
    We sat down with Timm this afternoon at the Machinima Newfronts to talk about his upcoming web series (with an animated film, prequel comic, and action figures to come) Justice League: Gods and Monsters. But we couldn't quite resist asking the veteran filmmaker what it's like to see characters he'd had a hand in creating go from cartoons, to comics, to big screen action movie.

"It's interesting," Timm answered immediately. "It's weird. Myself — being somebody who's taken characters that pre-exist and putting my own spin on them in my own little universe — I'm very aware of how when a character that I necessarily created shows up in other media that they have to adapt it and do different things with it than I would do. So I'm very open to it to see what they're going to do. I'm actually really excited. I just today, just before the show started, saw the first image of Harley Quinn from the Suicide Squad movie, and I thought 'Woah. She looks actually pretty cute!' I was actually kind of worried I thought ‘Oh, she's going to look really, really bizarre and skanky' but nah, she's not too bad. So I'm often mistaken.

Harley Quinn isn't the only original character created for Batman: The Animated Series to make it to live action lately. Detective Renee Montoya was also original to the show (though preemtively introduced in comics before appearing there), and has been brought onto the cast of Fox's Gotham.
    Retired.

killer croc set pic via Twitter

read more here http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Kille...ure-71481.html

so killer croc will not be (merely) CGI, excellent news imo
    Retired.

Practical stunts >>>>>>>>> CGI

Terry Cloth Rudolph Joint Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

yesssss loving all the set pics
    Retired.

Joker slapping some sense in Harley Q

looks like joker is keeping the tats and the grill

http://www.justjared.com/photo-galle...cide-squad-12/
    Last edited by chiba; 05-20-2015 at 04:18 PM.

Non Ignorants

Man, I think Jared Leto might just nail this one, very optimistic

I think he will do a fantastic job
    Im not a fan of the tats and grill on joker but that's just me nit picking.
    Sure its a modern twist and all but i'm just not feeling it.

Non Ignorants