Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: official suicide squad movie thread (2016)

that would be perfect casting IMO

Jai Courtney Eyed for Batman Villain Deadshot in ‘Suicide Squad’ (EXCLUSIVE)

“Terminator: Genesys” star Jai Courtney is in talks for a major role in Warner Bros.’ “Suicide Squad” that could prove to be Batman villain Deadshot, sources tell Variety.
    Tom Hardy, Will Smith, Margot Robbie and Jared Leto are also in various stages of discussions to join the super-villainous movie, which is being written and directed by “Fury” filmmaker David Ayer.
    “Suicide Squad,” produced by Charles Roven, will be released in summer 2016.
    Warner Bros. had no comment on this story.
    Based on the DC comic book, the story centers on the team of super villains who are given a chance at redemption by the government. The catch: Their mission will probably kill them all.
    Warner Bros. is courting Leto to play the Joker in the film, Robbie for Harley Quinn and Hardy for Rick Flag, a founding member of the Suicide Squad. As for Smith, it’s uncertain which character he will play, but sources say it’s likely the Flash nemesis Digger Harkness a.k.a. Captain Boomerang.
    Jesse Eisenberg’s Lex Luthor, who co-stars in “Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice,” may also join the film.
    Though the character of Deadshot isn’t as well known as Lex Luthor or the Joker, he’s a key villain in the “Batman” comic book universe. Also known as Floyd Lawton, Deadshot has a major death wish and a strong bond with Catwoman, although there’s been no confirmation yet that Catwoman will make an appearance in the pic.
    WB could obviously give Deadshot and other “Suicide Squad” members their own standalone films should the super-villain movie prove a success.
    As for Courtney, “Suicide Squad” would mark yet another major Hollywood franchise the Australian has landed in a short amount of time. He broke out as John McClane’s son in “A Good Day to Die Hard” and followed that up as a villain in “Divergent,” with plans to reprise the role in “Insurgent,” which bows next year.
    He also plays Kyle Reese in the next “Terminator” pic, “Terminator: Genisys,” which opens next summer and co-stars Emilia Clarke as Sarah Connor and Jason Clarke as her son, John

Some of these Suicide Squad incarnations look rather saucy.

But it would surprise me if there were this many women on the team in the actual movie.
    Retired.

The best line up to me would be thr new 52 line up, deadshot,kingshark, harley quinn,joker, black spider etc

Quote Originally Posted by 5th state View Post
    Some of these Suicide Squad incarnations look rather saucy.

But it would surprise me if there were this many women on the team in the actual movie.

I hope they put King Shark in the movie.
    Retired.

Watching the 'Suicide Squad' episode of 'Arrow' (S2E16) right now. Damn, makes me want to see this movie getting made even more. I like how the writers for the episode tried to include as many important details as possible, like one of the squad going rogue and being terminated, referencing Deadshot's daughter and putting in a teaser (voice) cameo by Harley Quinn.
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 11-16-2014 at 07:30 PM.
    Retired.

Will smith as deadshot??? ARE U FUCKING KIDDING ME

this affirmitve action bullshits gotta cease now

Tom Hardy Drops Out of 'Suicide Squad'

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...e-squad-764095
    Retired.

HAHAHAHAHA HOLY SHIT..THE BOSS IS COMING TO TOWN

Batman Might Appear in Suicide Squad/Leading to Solo Film

Yesterday a ton of plot details leaked regarding the Suicide Squad film, including just how heavily involved the Joker will be in the plot. Today comes the news that the Caped Crusader himself will also appear in the film.
    Mark Hughes from Forbes says he has heard from a source that “Batman will appear in Suicide Squad, supposedly in an in-story scene, likely at the end of the film and focused on certain circumstances involving the Joker (which I won’t spoil here).”
    To make things even more appetizing Hughes says Batman’s inclusion in Suicide Squad will setup Ben Affleck’s first solo Batman film, which will be heavily influenced by the third issue of Frank Miller’s The Dark Knight Returns, where Batman confronted the Joker on a national stage.
    http://heroicuniverse.com/batman-mig...-to-solo-film/

The were gonna get Jake Glynthal to replace hardy
    But now Jake has dropped out
    its a second fiddle role next to smith and leto

I think they should just add Deathstroke instead of Flagg
    If anything Get The one from Arrow.

courtesy of Bobby_Digital72

Non Ignorants

Quote Originally Posted by chiba View Post
    If anything Get The one from Arrow.
    this

Manu Benett did a good job as Deathstroke
    I wouldn't mind him reprising the role on the big screen
    but it wont happen because of continuity between episodes and movie
    plus ive heard rumors that its going to be joe mangellio or jason clarke playing him.

for flagg ive been reading Karl Urban, Joel Edgerton and Jon Bernthal for the part

ive been hearing that the CW is considering an episode that features members of the suicide squad (not the hollywood actors) which leads to a spin off mini series (mid hiatus for Arrow)

http://screencrush.com/suicide-squad...-joker-batman/

Non Ignorants

Here’s a new photo of Jared Leto’s Joker you can see then quickly turn away from

Im sure they will be adding way more detail in the makeup

he just loooks like a tranny in that pic

Im not sure who will be playing deathstroke
    I was hearing Joe Manganiello(True Blood) but now rumors have it that its Jim Parrack (True Blood) ?

Im wondering if batfleck will make a cameo of some sort?

so far here is the line up

Deadshot (Will Smith),
    Harley Quinn (Margot Robbie),
    Captain Boomerang (Jai Courtney),
    Enchantress (Cara Delevingne),
    Rick Flag (Joel Kinnaman),
    Killer Croc (Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje)
    the Joker (Jared Leto).

Non Ignorants

it would be dope to see batman in it...especially the storyline where they have to go apprehend harley quinn in gotham and they are scared to death because of fear of running into batman lmao..so they have to use underground tunnels and shit...i really hope they throw that in

Quote Originally Posted by chiba View Post

he just loooks like a tranny in that pic
    lol