Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tical Turns 20 Years Old

Wu-Veteran

Default Tical Turns 20 Years Old

Today marks the 20th Anniversary Of Method Man's Tical album which dropped on November 15th 1994. Congratulations to Method Man, Street Life, Carlton Fisk & RZA. The album was and is a classic.

Veteran Member

great album. method man goat!
    "I love the way I am and can't nobody out here change me" --> KRS-One

Classic album!

Mr Sandman is still one of the best Wu posse cuts ever.
    Retired.

Peace CT

Amen^

Wu-Veteran

shit.... this was first ever WU TANG album i heard then i was like 15, only later i heard other stuff -36 chambers, forever and rest. but this one was first, shit it was so hardcore, Meth was so ruff, rugged and raw... still love this album and spin it time to time.

one of the first Wu-Tang albums i bought, matter of fact "Release Yo'Delf" was the first Wu-Tang single that really got me hooked and soon made me buy "Enter The Wu-Tang". compared to the other Wu-Tang albums, it does sound a bit rushed in its mixing and engineering but it's still an extraordinary LP by all means.... Meth was at the top of his game, so was RZA... i wonder if there was no flood if this would've been up there with "Liquid Swords" and "Ob4cl"

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

Quote Originally Posted by sickdog View Post
    shit.... this was first ever WU TANG album i heard then i was like 15, only later i heard other stuff -36 chambers, forever and rest.
    Same here.
    Retired.

Everytime I see somebody celebrating the anniversaries of these albums, I just think: man it's been a long time since Wu-Tang released a classic album.

Luckily we have Nathaniel and Woodstock RZA these days.

Melf Nederlandse lifestyle & hiphop community. Voor bazen. De beste website van de wereld.[

^^What do you consider the last classic album in the Wu catalogue?
    Retired.

A couple of really good songs on that album. Happy anniversary Tical!

anyone catch Kendrick paying homage to Tical last night on SNL with the black contacts and the hair?

shaolin shadowboxer Frank Drebin's Avatar

Your momma wears no draaaaws
    I saw when she took them ooooof
    Standin in the welfare line, eating swine, tryna look fine with her stank behind
    Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Allah is my bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodman View Post
    Can’t stand Cilvaringz, by the way.... It’s never us coming with the gimmicks. It’s always on the outside, a "B" Wu guy or somebody like that coming with some crap that’s just so gimmicky. It makes you scratch your head and say, ‘Why Wu-Tang?’ when it’s not Wu-Tang.
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    That's a guy in those pictures who's a woman?

Wu-Veteran

You see the thing with meth is...hes a pioneer for being the mc that can do it all. No one in this world, no matter who you are...can please EVERYBODY...Meth is one of the closest ones be able to hit all the markets (kids, females, streets, backpackers). I feel the industry (which became very commercial in the early to mid 2000s) led Meth to believe he had to cater to the mainstream to put up the type of numbers def jam expected from him. Which is why he chose to work with P Diddy And Harve Pierre on Tical 0. What if he decided to stick with the WU forever poetic type flow...and chose strictly underground production? Could that have changed the direction of hip hop back then? Even tho the prequel was a dud...it still went gold...and 421 didn't even have a video...and I think it still went gold. He don't need to cater to no one.