Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Wu-Tang Clan - "Necklace" off ABT

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

None of the Wu-Tang album are greater or less great than each other, they are all moments in time and RZA captures those moments perfectly with that point in time, as he does with this album. It's a saga, it's not individual parts with separate albums, it's one 20 year lasting experience, one pyramid with the bricks representing those moments. That's the only way I can describe it.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    I'll tell yall like this, from a Wu-Tang fan perspective, not as Cilvaringz or anything like that, but as a fan like yall, I just heard the whole album in full, and I'm definitely impressed. Not to be biased, but to me it's a really great album. The song "Miracles" is a def favourite and the album sounds cohesive, which for me as a listener is an important factor. I must admit that even I, even though knowing what RZA is capable of, there was some worry about the experimental sound and the use of live instrumentation, but after hearing it twice now, I can't say anything else other than that I really genuinely enjoyed the album and I'm pretty sure many of you will as well.

That's what's up, definitely lookin forward to this album.
    STAY TUNED.

I'll tell yall like this, from a Wu-Tang fan perspective, not as Cilvaringz or anything like that, but as a fan like yall, I just heard the whole album in full, and I'm definitely impressed. Not to be biased, but to me it's a really great album. The song "Miracles" is a def favourite and the album sounds cohesive, which for me as a listener is an important factor. I must admit that even I, even though knowing what RZA is capable of, there was some worry about the experimental sound and the use of live instrumentation, but after hearing it twice now, I can't say anything else other than that I really genuinely enjoyed the album and I'm pretty sure many of you will as well.
    On point!

From the 7 of 15 tracks I've heard I feel the same way.. Really looking forward t this. For so long I never thought it would even be released. Truly 2 years in the making

I hope you're right Cilva.

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

I'll tell yall like this, from a Wu-Tang fan perspective, not as Cilvaringz or anything like that, but as a fan like yall, I just heard the whole album in full, and I'm definitely impressed.
    Does 4th has any more beats on the album? I remember he said "maybe 2" on twitter. We know Adrian Younge did Crushed Egos.

I do like Ruckus In B Minor and the album version of Ron O'Neal, so I'm not really worried about RZA-beats, but 4th brings that extra grimey sound I'd like to hear more of. Necklace is my favorite so far.
    Last edited by Jadda; 11-22-2014 at 05:54 AM.

Thanks for the update and for sharing your thoughts.
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by Jadda View Post
    Does 4th has any more beats on the album? I remember he said "maybe 2" on twitter. We know Adrian Younge did Crushed Egos.

I do like Ruckus In B Minor and the album version of Ron O'Neal, so I'm not really worried about RZA-beats, but 4th brings that extra grimey sound I'd like to hear more of. Necklace is my favorite so far.

Veteran Member

Is Wu-Tang Reunion the same as Family Reunion that came out last year?

Does the album version of "Ron O'Neil" have Nathaniel on hook and he got cut off?

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

fresh from the kitchen CL2coming's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by soob View Post
    Does the album version of "Ron O'Neil" have Nathaniel on hook and he got cut off?
    Still on there, but a different vocal take. And he's been taken off the intro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nygLSlX_A-k

Quote Originally Posted by CL2coming View Post
    Still on there, but a different vocal take. And he's been taken off the intro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nygLSlX_A-k
    It ain't available no more

Veteran Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AbbASajkeg

Most of us have seen this vid of the album listening session.

The last 2 songs are Hold The Heater (my guess) and Crushed Egos (produced by Adrian Younge).

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

Anyone audio ripped that video?

Veteran Member

Nah.

Cilva, would you say Necklace is the most vintage Wu sounding (and hardest) track on the album?

Still annoyed by this Nathaniel dude on these songs. He sucks as a singer and serves no purpose at all to these records. RZA should've used Tekitha, Blue Rasberry, Suga Bang or even 60 Sec on those tracks. At least they ring familiar to Wu heads.
    Last edited by TheWuSepticTank; 11-22-2014 at 08:39 PM.
    STAY TUNED.