Thread: RIP Jimmy Ruffin

Default RIP Jimmy Ruffin

RIP to this Motown singer. (Died Nov 17 at the age of 78.)

The song above was originally written for The Spinners, but Ruffin convinced the writers to give him the song.

Jimmy Ruffin was more successful in the UK than in the US.

Jimmy was the elder brother of Davis Eli 'David' Ruffin, one of the lead singers of The Temptations.
    Retired.

-

I know about Jimmy Ruffin. What Becomes Of The Brokenhearted is a nice song. I didn't hear his other songs. I know he was David Ruffin's brother. 5th State, have you seen The Temptations movie? Very good movie and Leon who played David Ruffin had me laughing LOL. Lamman Rucker played Jimmy in the movie. Leon and Lamman are good actors. Lamman isn't a well known actor but he's been in Tyler Perry's Why Did I Get Married 1 and 2 and Meet The Browns movies. He also played on Meet The Browns tv show. Check out this funny scene I'm about to tell you in The Temptations movie when Leon went to see a drug dealer.

Leon said to the drug dealer, front me a 50. Drug dealer said what I look like? A banker? LOL. Leon said my autograph gotta be worth at least a gram. Drug dealer said oh yeah? Who are you? LOL. Leon said I'm David Ruffin of The Temptations. Drug dealer said well I deal with cash around here my man. Leon said here's two tickets to tonight's concert. Drug dealer said you gonna perform? Leon said that's right. Now lay some ice on me. Drug dealer said these tickets say the concert is Saturday. Leon said so. Drug dealer said but today is Sunday hahahahahahahahahaha. Leon said it is? Drug dealer said yeah LOL. Leon said come on man, help me out. I'm a star LOL. Drug dealer said to another drug dealer, show Mr Ruffin the door LOL. So then Leon said wait a second. He gave the drug dealer the car keys to his car. He said I got a brand new Lincoln car outside. I'll sign you over the pink slip. Drug dealer said I ain't got that much. Leon said well get some more and gimme all of it LOL. He started reaching in the drug dealer's pants pockets to get some drugs LOL. Drug dealer said you better ease up and that Lincoln better be outside.

Another funny scene is when Leon came to The Temptations concert after he got kicked out the group and he ran on stage and snatched the mic from Dennis Edwards and started singing Ain't Too Proud To Beg hahahahahahahahahahahaha. Then Leon ran backstage after he was done singing and Otis who was the leader of the group ran after him and tried to fight him and Melvin held him back. Otis said have you lost your damn mind? I will whip your ass LOL. Otis told the security guards to throw Leon out and Leon said he ain't me, he ain't no David Ruffin. Without David Ruffin, ya'll ain't nothing but some fake ass Temps LOL. You hear me? You fake imitation of David Ruffin LOL. Near the end of the movie, they showed how Leon died and a limo was driving fast that he was in and it was swerving. Leon fell outta the car and died hahahahahahahahahaha.

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesJones View Post
    The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

Sounds like one helluva movie. This I gotta watch.
    Retired.

-

You never saw The Temptations movie? I thought you saw that. It's very good and check it out. I don't think the full movie is on Youtube because I was watching a scene from it the other day and I didn't see the full movie available. The scene I watched is when Otis and Melvin came to Leon's apartment to talk to him about the rehearsals and meetings he's missed. Melvin said it's maybe it's this damn stuff you're snorting up your nose LOL. Leon said maybe I don't need as much practice as some other folks LOL. Otis said if you don't straighten up, we're gonna let you go. Leon said ya'll ain't stupid. The people is coming to see me. Otis said people are coming to see The Temptations. Leon said ain't nobody coming to see you Otis hahahahahahahahahahaha. You wish you could work it the way I do but you can't LOL. Without me, ya'll just another group in search of a David Ruffin LOL. As a matter of fact, I think we should call the group David Ruffin and The Temptations LOL. Otis said that ain't never gonna happen. Leon said well I'm gone LOL.

The TV dinners I like is macaroni and cheese with fish and rice with chicken and broccoli. I also like Stouffer's microwaved spaghetti.
    I also like the food U-God talked about. He said he can cook spaghetti and fried chicken and i would like to taste it to see if he's a good cook. I like spaghetti and fried chicken.

Griselda Dinner Plates Brick Thunderbird's Avatar

Lol. Charles Jones breakdowns of movie scenes is unmatched. The Temptations movie is on point.
    "Return to earth as a person, only to see you mouse niggas running from the serpent" - Jus Allah

-

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Yeah I watch a lot of movies and I remember a lot of scenes from movies that I like. Remember Leon was wearing gay white pants in Above The Rim movie with 2Pac when he came to the basketball court to play in the tournament? Hahahahahahahaha. 2Pac said to the referee, he ain't in uniform LOL. Referee said yeah he is. 2Pac said man that's bullshit LOL. Leon was shooting a lot of jumpshots and making all of them LOL. 2Pac was getting pissed off. Above The Rim is a classic. I like when Marlon Wayans killed 2Pac LOL. Leon was also in another classic movie The Five Heartbeats which is similar to The Temptations movie. Much props to Robert Townsend who directed The Five Heartbeats. Robert said he got his inspiration to do the movie from r&b groups The Ojays and The Dells. He said he talked to some guys in those groups and asked them the things they dealt with in the music business. The Five Heartbeats sang The Dells A Heart Is A House For Love. That's a nice song.

Michael Wright who was the lead singer Eddie Kane in The Five Heartbeats reminded me of David Ruffin and it's always one or two guys in a group who think they're bigger than the group and they can do better solo. Some guys go solo and they find out that they aren't gonna have solo success because David and Eddie Kendricks didn't have much solo success. Plus drugs and alcohol are also things that hurt people who have some success and there's been a lot of black and white celebrities that have done drugs and alcohol and it's killed their career. That's what killed David Ruffin and Paul Williams career because David did drugs and Paul drank alcohol. They both died young because of that. Paul killed himself because he shot himself and I'm talking about Paul of The Temptations.