Thread: RZA & Cappa explain Wu-Tang Clan pay scale

Default RZA & Cappa explain Wu-Tang Clan pay scale

In the latest edition of the DX Daily, HipHopDX Editor-In-Chief Justin Hunte breaks down everything we know about the upcoming Wu-Tang Clan A Better Tomorrow album and reveals new information about the group’s inner politics, including the revelation of a tiered class system that channels more money to certain prominent members within the group.

“I don’t know where it came from but it definitely penetrated,” RZA said of the group’s "upper tier" in an interview with DX that premiered in the clip. “I think it came from a third party, one of our solo managers maybe. But when it penetrated I was like, ‘Yo, that really don’t make no sense.’ In that case just give me the most money. If you wanna just go stupid like that. But what I’ma do with that? There’s a eight-slice piece of pie here, eight slices in the pizza. I’m gonna take two pieces? Nah, I’ll take my slice, you take your slice. If I take two slices somebody gotta cut theirs in half. That don’t make mathematical sense in that cypher. But as far as me going along with it, I was like, ‘Yo, I’ll put myself on a lower-tier and y’all could try it for a year if y’all want.’ But I’m not participating in that ideology nor am I gonna stop the boat from running when you got that many brothers saying, ‘Fuck that, this how they feel.’ So, we actually tried it for a year and I think we’re gonna have to vote on that again. That has to be talked about.”

In a separate interview, Cappadonna expanded on the approach.

“There’s an upper tier now,” he said. “The upper tier consists of Raekwon The Chef, Method Man, GZA, The RZA, and Ghostface. That’s the upper tier. They started this on the European tour. It’s a system that was developed within our system to bring a certain status to individuals. That was the most stagnant part of the building and structuring of this album. We had to deal with that. Even until the last minute, brothers had to overcome our differences in order to make it work. But there’s still an upper tier. I don’t know if that’s gonna affect anything in our future plans, but that’s what it is. I say that not to be a back biter; not to sprinkle any salt on our wounds. I say that as remarkable wisdom and giving you insight on true facts of what we had to overcome to make this thing a reality to us and for our fans.”

Cappadonna added on, addressing why each of the “upper tier” Wu-Tang Clan emcees deserve the status.

“I’m looking at it like, Rae, he’s done a lot of collabs with a lot of known artists so that puts him in a different bracket,” he started. “You’ve got Ghost who’s doing various TV shows. He’s in one bracket. Meth has been a success since the beginning. He’s doing movies, that puts him in a bracket. And GZA, based upon his delivery and sales, I guess he’s in his bracket. And of course, RZA. RZA never wanted to be in no upper tier or none of that. He don’t really trip on that right there. He’s not really comfortable with it for him but he’s just gonna play that part because, ‘I’m just gonna play this position to keep a balance,’ the team being more valuable than the captain. He can’t let nobody out rank you. He’s the captain. He had to take on the position just for that. To me, that’s real talk right there. That’s real active because it affected all of us and we had to deal with it the best way we knew how. And that’s why this album is such a beautiful significance. That’s why it’s so strong it can be considered, if not the best, one of the best because of the sweat that was put into it, the essence of our nature, the hardship, the tough love, and consistency. It was like a bunch of chaos and confusion that we came through. We came through obstacles. It wasn’t an easy album.“

WATCH THE CLIP HERE : http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/i...clan-pay-scale
    Retired.

PRODIGAL SUN

You got to put the rza in the upper tier due to his beatmaking ability. ugod sells a lot of records on his own, so I'm sure he could adjust his own payscale if he wanted to. masta killa chose to go indie with no promotion when he couldve just stuck with the machine so he has to deal with that. deck gets show money, but he's the glue thats keeping everyone together, plus nobody reps the oooh harder than him. Cappa's an untapped genius, plus as long as I've known him he's never been dumb with money. Its just refreshing to see them all still unified without dirt mcgirt

You also have to put RZA in there because whenever he's released a solo album it has charted, some more than others. I have to assume that this is how they determined who and who isn't top tier.

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by Holocaust View Post
    Cappa's an untapped genius

Cappa's an untapped genius, plus as long as I've known him he's never been dumb with money.

85 %ER

haha rza got so much money he volunteering the be on the lower teir

plus nobody reps the oooh harder than him.
    Meth

Cappa's an untapped genius

Bwhahahahahahahahahaha ................................................. No

GZA should be lower tier, but because of his status and arguably age he's up there.

SHAKA ZULU BOBO SHANTI NYABINGHI MAN A MAU MAU WARRIOR

who the fuck cares

just make some decent music ffs
    We do it for the people.

Quote Originally Posted by food for thought View Post
    who the fuck cares

loool but yeah true

I guess you're not liking any of the new songs?
    Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by food for thought View Post

They would have so much more respect for each other if they split it the way Rza wanted.

Prince of the Non Ignorant weirdos

Well, Rza is making the beats, so he is going to walk away with the most money regardless.