Thread: How would you like to see WU update their live show?

Default How would you like to see WU update their live show?

I've seen the Clan perform three times, always packed and always a great mood (i even got called "a real Wu-Tang nigga" from the stage by RZA lol), but when you've seen them multiple times you kind of wish they were performing some more varied material. of course you want to hear the classics... in all three concerts they performed like 75& of "36 Chambers", a bunch of classics like 'Reunited', 'Triumph', 'It's Yourz', 'Heaterz', 'Deadly Melody' and so on from "Wu-Tang Forever", "Protect Ya Neck II" and "Gravel Pit" from "The W" and that's it (A couple of solo songs too like "Dat's Gamgsta.. that's a great set and they are an amazing live act, but they got plenty of good music that would work in a live setting recorded since. when i saw them for the first time it was right when "8 Diagrams" had or was about to drop, and when Mathematics put on the instrumental to "Heart Gently Weeps" Raekwon on purpose messed up his lyrics so that they had to cut it real short. to me that was real dissapointing, despite "Gently Weeps" not being the best live song of all time.

i bet "Rushing Elephants", "Thug World" (or "Unpredictable"), "House of Flying Daggers", "Weak Spot", "Life Changes", "Windmill", "Take it Back" and "Wolves" would set the crowd OFF... i really hope that "A Better Tomorrow" will be making its round on the live circuit. I would love to hear joints like "Ruckus in B Minor", "Felt", "Mistaken Identity", "Necklace", and so on. Then there's a lot of the great solo tracks they could play - they usuaully play a joint like "Dat's Gangsta" by U-God, but i'm thinking more posse cuts like "Six Directions of Boxing" and "Rivers of Blood", etc. what do yuu think?

daily updates: news, articles, reviews, the best compilations on the net. that true skool street hop!

r.i.p. Johan D, Kaddu, Ricke a.k.a. "Slick Rick" and the rest of the fallen soldiers - you'll never be forgotten!

The problem is that a lot of fans that come to Wu-Tang concert don't know less known Wu-Tang's song. We're diehard fans and we know almost everything from Wu catalog, but I bet plenty of people wouldn't have any idea "Windmill" lyrics.

I wish Wu played other songs, but I'd like 'em to play with more energy as they used to do it in 90s. I love watching old Wu concerts when everything they played were dope as fuck.

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)

FRESH FISH

they've basically put on the same exact show since about 2000, once in awhile adding a song or two if an album just dropped. It's kind of silly actually, but being the mess they are they barely see each other, never mind actually rehearsing. I've been to most shows they've put on in the NY area and luckily enough for me most of the time they all showed up but that's another big issue too.

I really have no desire to see them again unless I knew they would put some real effort into doing something a little different.

^^ good thing you brought up the rehearsal aspect

Also, am I going out on a limb here thinking that these guys are a bit lazy in memorizing their own more recent verses? It would be only human I guess, just think of how many rhymes these guys have laid down over the years, solo joints, group joints, collabos. It would surprise me if someone like say Killah Priest, just to name someone from the larger Wu camp, knew the lyrics of 80% of his own songs by heart. (And that's where rehearsing comes in.)

This is not just a Wu problem, more artists suffer from this. Just one example : Snoop Dogg. Saw him three times over the years, practically the same damn set every time even with new albums being released.

The only Wu concert I was able to catch had only 5 of them on stage and of course a gazillion hangers on right behind them, the ill fate of any major hiphop concert.

Yeah, an updated show would be ill.
    Retired.

Banned

Have more than 4 members turn up would be an update to their shows here
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

crappadonna

Maybe nathaniel could do the chorus for cream???