Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jurassic World (2015)

meet me in the lobby TommySuits's Avatar

Default Jurassic World (2015)

Is it just me but does the CGI in this look worse than the first movie?

Quote Originally Posted by HANZO View Post
    Is it just me but does the CGI in this look worse than the first movie?
    The CG was definitely worse in the 3rd movie because they had a smaller budget. Its difficult to tell from the trailer how great the effects will be in this.

I'm guessing from the end part that they release all the Dinosaurs like Raptors and T-Rexes to take down the hybrid that escaped. Looks entertaining.

Isn't Sam Neill in this?

I hope not, his acting skills are lost on me. Same goes for latter day Jeff Goldblum. It's hard to fathom how some of these actors have stooped to such bad performances.

Fuck I really sound my age now
    Retired.

Griselda Dinner Plates Brick Thunderbird's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 5th state View Post
    I hope not, his acting skills are lost on me. Same goes for latter day Jeff Goldblum. It's hard to fathom how some of these actors have stooped to such bad performances.

"Return to earth as a person, only to see you mouse niggas running from the serpent" - Jus Allah

Quote Originally Posted by 5th state View Post

lmao Jeff Goldblum had my favorite performance in JP, he was hilarious. And weird that I was looking at Goldblum gifs a minute ago.

He was fucking Laura Dern back then too.

This is supposedly the first of a new trilogy that exists in the same universe, so I'd like to see Goldblum back at some point cracking jokes on the dinosaurs in his weird way.

^^epic gif LOOKS LIKE HE'S JERKING OFF OWEN WILSON.
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 11-28-2014 at 12:32 PM.
    Retired.

meet me in the lobby TommySuits's Avatar

lol yea Goldblum better get a cameo

stars Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard, Nick Robinson, Ty Simpkins, Vincent D’Onofrio, Irrfan Khan, Jake Johnson, Omar Sy and Judy Greer

opens June 12 in the US

looks entertaining enough, gonna go see this
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 05-08-2015 at 04:11 AM.
    Retired.

People think Jurassic World is going to suck; I think the opposite.

for those among you with time & patience lol
    Retired.

why aren't some of the originals in this?

{>____<}

Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    why aren't some of the originals in this?
    The Reason Jurassic Park's Main Stars Didn't Return For Jurassic World

When Jurassic World arrives in theaters this Friday, it will be introducing the dinosaur-filled adventure franchise to a whole new generation … but it won’t be doing so with its original characters. Despite having appeared in the previous two sequels, Jeff Goldblum’s Ian Malcolm, Sam Neill’s Alan Grant and Laura Dern’s Ellie Sattler do not make appearances in the new movie, and there’s a specific reason why not: Steven Spielberg really wanted to focus on the future instead of the past.

This past weekend I had the great opportunity to sit down for a one-on-one interview with Jurassic World director Colin Trevorrow to talk about his upcoming blockbuster, and it was during our chat that I brought up the subject of Jurassic Park’s original trio of classic characters. I asked the director if at any point there were any conversations about including them in the brand new sequel, and Trevorrow explained,

"They never were. I never saw a draft in which they were included, and I think I looked at every iteration at least once. That was because I think largely, and I’m sure the writers agree, but Steven had a mission to make something new, and he really wanted it to be a Jurassic Park for a new generation. So that was always the mission - however different all of those movies were."

Ian Malcolm, Alan Grant and Ellie Sattler were all introduced in the first Jurassic Park - working together to try and survive the horrific events on Isla Nublar – but parted ways in the second and third chapters. Malcolm was put front and center in the first sequel, The Lost World: Jurassic Park, while Grant and Sattler both had roles in Jurassic Park III (though the former had a much bigger part than the latter). The only character from the original Jurassic Park featured in Jurassic World is BD Wong, who reprises his performance as geneticist Dr. Henry Wu (and has even been taking part in the movie’s viral marketing).

Surely there will be some fans who are upset by this news, believing that Jurassic Park isn’t quite Jurassic Park without its original three main characters, but going in this direction does make a good amount of sense. Steven Spielberg and Universal Pictures surely has big plans for the future of the franchise, and doing that requires moving forward instead of looking backward. And what better time to do that then when you’re rejuvenating a franchise after a 14 year hiatus? Plus, there will surely be opportunities to bring them back some time in the future, and their return will only be more significant as more time passes.
    http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Reaso...rld-71908.html

Saw this today and it did not disappoint. Great movie really enjoyable especially after number 3 which was fucking horrendous.