Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: [Album Stream] WU-TANG CLAN "A BETTER TOMORROW"

^^First come first served basis on this album I guess. Too bad about ODB. We can't win 'em all huh.
    Retired.

Veteran Member

I can't wait to hear the album. I'm loving Neclace and Ruckus In B Minor. I'm proably going to be hated for this, but after reading that interview I think Raekwon and Ghost are ungrateful as fuck. Great artist, but the way they turned on the RZA, and air their issues out to the public is pathetic! Without RZA there woudn't be a 36 Chambers or Wu Tang Forever and they wouldn't have a career. I can't stand the way they are going on.

Quote Originally Posted by the surgeon View Post
    I can't wait to hear the album. I'm loving Neclace and Ruckus In B Minor. I'm proably going to be hated for this, but after reading that interview I think Raekwon and Ghost are ungrateful as fuck. Great artist, but the way they turned on the RZA, and air their issues out to the public is pathetic! Without RZA there woudn't be a 36 Chambers or Wu Tang Forever and they wouldn't have a career. I can't stand the way they are going on.
    Absolutely. After reading that, theres no point pussying around with this shit. Raekwon is a fucking complete piece of shit, he basically blackmailed RZA, the guy that is responsible for his fucking rap career!

Fucking fat asshole.

Veteran Member

sounds superb, outside of Hold the Heater and Preacher i think the other 13 will get play from me. 40th St is kind of odd with the beat, but its kind of like a high tempo park jam type feel. love the flows

great mix, everyones voice is mixed down properly, outside of a couple obvious misses like Ron and Miracle's hooks this is a very worthy 4 mic'er

Keep Watch is so much better now, extra fills added to the beat and less Nathaniel. thats actually a standout to me, diggin the groove classic Math style
    poppa large, big shot on the east coast..

I listened three times in a row and I am now liking all the tracks even the ones that didn't click with me earlier on, including the first two singles and 40th Street Black and Never Let Go. Even Wu-Tang Reunion fits in this context. To me the album has a cohesive feel even though the songs are pretty diverse. If that makes any sense. Very good entry in the Wu catalogue. Hard to predict its replay value of course but I've gotta say I've got a good feeling about that too.

About Rae & Ghost : they felt fucked on 8 Diagrams because RZA changed so many beats in the final stage after the vocals had been laid down already so I understand their concerns when it came to making this album. But of course it is also true Rae is greedy and then there's the fact him and Ghost think they outshine the rest of the clan and to be fair for some time they actually did/have. Thank God though for Rae on this album, I think he put in some quality control beatwise and his verses are ace.
    Retired.

Banned

Lol and people bought that creative differences bullshit from Raekwon smh and some dude here was telling me RZA should've delayed ABT just for Rae lol
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by The Hound View Post
    Lol and people bought that creative differences bullshit from Raekwon smh and some dude here was telling me RZA should've delayed ABT just for Rae lol
    Rae should delay FILA for RZA beats. Then again, maybe he has. (Wishful thinking much?) Shit's been pushed back to March.
    Retired.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    Absolutely. After reading that, theres no point pussying around with this shit. Raekwon is a fucking complete piece of shit, he basically blackmailed RZA, the guy that is responsible for his fucking rap career!

Fucking fat asshole.
    Exactly. I have lost so much respect for him and Ghost, but especially Rae. He's a snake

Quote Originally Posted by 5th state View Post
    Rae should delay FILA for RZA beats. Then again, maybe he has. (Wishful thinking much?) Shit's been pushed back to March.
    In the interview, it said RZA played Rae 8 beats that he liked, so its not beyond the realm of possibility.

The whole business has to leave a sour taste in RZAs mouth though. Hes such a cool dude that it might not have bothered him, at least he knows what hes dealing with in Rae if they ever work together again.

85 %ER

the more interviews you read, the more you hear Rae and ghost fucked up wu tang.

s.a.m. the 5th disciple WuZapatista's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unbroken View Post
    I just did the knowledge to the new Wu's "A Better Tomorrow" and after my first listen, my verdict is that it's a damn good album! Is it the best Wu Tang album ever conceived? Emphatically Now Cipher! B.U.T. it's definitely a strong product that adds on positively to the foundation. The only thing that I would switch up a bit is less Cappadonna and more MASTA KILLA! Live instrumentation fits the God perfectly. Meth, Deck, and U-God as well. I would give it a 8 out of 10. It should absolutely be supported. And with all of the strife within their house it's a "Miracle" that they can still put out something like this and make knowledge BORN!

This is the album that a group of grown men should make. Lyrics, Wisdom, Flow, Great Music, and Universal Inspiration. Like it or not, The Wu Tang Clan grew the fuck up!!!

and yo!

I WANT A NEW MASTA KILLA ALBUM RIGHT NOW!
    In alot of ways i feel like you UNBROKEN. I was just telling my son tonight while we listened in the car i told him this is the album for us right now .The fans like myself in late 30's and been grinding with the wu since day one. Miracle is a genius of a track! my kid was feeling that. Good job Rza and thanks WuTang for still putting the work in and reminding us regular hard working cats that music is the cure for many ills !!!!!

S.A.M. the 5th Disciple

"style goes back to the days of Bob Backlund"

good RZA interview

cant wait to get my copy. I hope my store gets it in the next shipment. love working at a record store for reasons like this

only heard the two singles so far, aint gonna listen to the stream. glad to see people active in here and enjoying the album

Some of you dudes are idiots. Have you never heard the saying "There are two sides to every story." So because Rza had the most recent interview and was vocal about his side of the dispute, now Rae is a piece of shit? Just listen to the music and leave the business side of it alone. You weren't there so quit judging dudes on shit you know nothing about. This is precisely why artists need to keep shit to themselves. Because to them they might just be trying to be honest or let of some steam. They don't realize how dumb their fans are and how personally they take shit that really shouldn't be personal to them at all.

All that said, if anyone should complain, it should be Gza. Where is he at in this album. It seems like he was only in like four songs. And that's how it is for every album. Whenever shit goes down, Gza is always one of the people Rza names as being there from the start. But then when the album comes out, he's always one of the least featured. Why is that?
    Last edited by Soulless; 11-28-2014 at 12:18 AM.
    Emotions are for the weak, so I sold mine to the highest bidder.

meet me in the lobby TommySuits's Avatar

I just got the album. Miracle is fucking incredible. Ill give it a couple full listens before i say anything else