Page 21 of 35 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: [Album Stream] WU-TANG CLAN "A BETTER TOMORROW"

Last edited by Jammin; 12-02-2014 at 01:25 PM.

First listen 8/10
    Last edited by Don Universo; 12-02-2014 at 03:05 PM.

Veteran Member

that av club review is weak, sounds like they wanted to hate it from the jump.
    poppa large, big shot on the east coast..

Platypi on the swarm!! RUSHING PLATYPUS's Avatar

It's pretty simple. Those that compare the album to Forever and 36 Chambers will not like it. Those who compare it to everything else that comes out in today's hip-hop scene will love it. I've long said that the Wu's biggest problem when they drop an album is ridiculous unreasonable expectations and refusal to accept a different sounding Wu Tang even if it's dope in a different way.

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

Only feeling like 2 or 3 songs, everything else seems boring to me.

Quote Originally Posted by RUSHING PLATYPUS View Post
    It's pretty simple. Those that compare the album to Forever and 36 Chambers will not like it. Those who compare it to everything else that comes out in today's hip-hop scene will love it.
    Bullshit, most songs have strange energy that don't resonate good on some rappers (Masta Killa and GFK sound good on most of these tho), some of the rappers can't rhyme on beat anymore or lack the energy...and some, like RZA, use too much energy that make him sound not dope at all.

Method Man seems like a dumbdown version of himself, the only two things he still have are his voice and his flow.

Raekwon is the only guy that brought his tools to this album, making him the MVP. I was disappointed by GFK's involvement, he was consistantly one of the more prominent members that shined on every track...

How many songs actually have a topic?

I like how some of the beats change through the song, but I don't like all the beats.

The Run the Jewels (both albums) are probably the most Wu-Tang thing I heard in a while, since OB4CLII probably. I like that shit, but I'm not down with this. Good music on a rap album don't necessarly mean it's a good rap album.... and ABT shows that.
    Last edited by DR. NICK RIVIERA; 12-02-2014 at 04:09 PM.
    bring back begongo!!

About three more spins and I'll have listened more to ABT than to 8D in the last 7 years.
    Retired.

SHAOLIN STUDENT

It's pretty simple. Those that compare the album to Forever and 36 Chambers will not like it. Those who compare it to everything else that comes out in today's hip-hop scene will love it. I've long said that the Wu's biggest problem when they drop an album is ridiculous unreasonable expectations and refusal to accept a different sounding Wu Tang even if it's dope in a different way.
    Those who compare this opus to old wu albums r stupid. But good music is good music. Personally I like other music beside hip hop. As a musician Robert Diggs is average. Today's hip hop is crap, I can't listen to this noise.
    As I said, it's a good album no doubt, but not what I expected from them. I don't like the energy of this shit. This album lacks something, the magical factor. This group has a great musical potential but they can not form like Voltron again. Egos, artistic conflicts, stupidity have killed the unity. The last time I felt they formed a group was on "Iron Flag". Before they were like the ten fingers of one hand. 9 Soldiers and the spirit of Voltron. Now they are just 9 motherfuckers with big egos. Bobby was the only guy who really tried to keep wu-tang alive maybe with Meth, Masta Killa or U God. I don't know if they can release another album.

NOT BULLSHIT. I totally agree, it's no 36/Forever (except Pioneer the Frontier) but it shits on everything thats coming out at the minute, who else in the game has dropped an album thats better than ABT lately? The album is far from perfect but has far more substance than pretty much all the bullshit albums that have dropped recently.

Wu-Corp members are the harshest critics.
    -----------------------

Quote Originally Posted by CashRules View Post
    NOT BULLSHIT. I totally agree, it's no 36/Forever (except Pioneer the Frontier) but it shits on everything thats coming out at the minute, who else in the game has dropped an album thats better than ABT lately?
    Run The Jewels 2
    As for myself: I had come to the conclusion that there was nothing sacred about myself or any human being, that we were all machines, doomed to collide and collide and collide.
    - Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by Punch View Post
    Run The Jewels 2
    Is not better than ABT.
    -----------------------

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Punch View Post
    Run The Jewels 2
    Quote Originally Posted by CashRules View Post
    Is not better than ABT.
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha wu stans in full effect

Also there are many, MANY better albums out there...the question is - how many new albums have you listened to lately? Pharoahe fucking Monch came in the game before the wu and he still has the hunger to make great, meaningful music. That review is on point. Miracle is not as special as you guys try to make it.
    bring back begongo!!

Banned

DJ Quik
    Pharaohe Monch
    Onyx
    Ras Kass (with Apollo Brown)
    Mobb Deep

All vets with dope LP's in 2014 ^^

Piñata, NehruvianDOOM, RTJ2, Cadillactica were dope too
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaolinDarts View Post
    That is bullshit. Forever was different to 36 and W was different to both. No one ever complained.

SC sounded zero like Ironman.

It is about quality. If anything, Wu Tang fans have shown themselves to embrace change more than most.
    Yup.

And this time, this wasn't good enough for their standards, case closed.
    bring back begongo!!

Quote Originally Posted by THE MASON View Post
    they don't have to prove themselves anymore

Monch, q-tip, j-live, masta ace,.. beg to differ. If you are true to the game, you will always have something to prove. That is how best music comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by JZA/Jordon View Post
    What a load of horseshit. If you can't appreciate the art of Miracle by the end of the track you deserve to be in the McDonalds line ordering a McDouble because that's all you need to be content.

Miracle is like a perfectly cooked filet, sure the plate has some unnecessary garnish but it's a fucking solid beat, storytelling and delivery by the generals.
    Nope. Art? What is so artful about it? Cunninlynguists already did songs like that and they are better. A lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by FasterBlade View Post
    actually surprised it got as much positive feedback as it has so far on here. its getting love everywhere else, so a little less than that on here is not surprising. that's usually how it goes
    Show proof.
    bring back begongo!!