Page 23 of 35 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: [Album Stream] WU-TANG CLAN "A BETTER TOMORROW"

The best songs on the album for me are Necklace and Felt.
    After that there's Hold your Heater, Crushed Egos, Ron O'Neal and Ruckus.
    I like that the first song has the word "ruckus" in the title, there's some other callbacks to earlier Wu songs-
    - the bass on Mistaken Identity is similar to GZA's Living In The World Today
    -Ron O'Neal has that Wu-Tang Ain't Nothin To Fuck With- sounding guitar lick
    -Hold The Heater is damn near a remake of Shadowboxin'
    -Pioneer The Frontier has that flourish from Protect Ya Neck
    I'm of two minds on this. It's cool to have these callbacks but it also makes the album feel a bit like a novelty record.

When Miracle started I thought my wife's Rent soundtrack had somehow made its way onto my playlist. It's a shame because without that terrible hook it's not bad.
    40th st is an odd one. It's cheesy but has an upbeat energy that's sort of infectious.
    Never Let Go is bland but not offensively bad.
    I have nothing good to say about Preacher's Daughter, Wu-Tang Reunion or A Better Tomorrow. I think they're all super corny.

There's some good stuff here, some even great, but there are also some seriously awful tracks. A sameness creeps in that reminds me of Legendary Weapons and 12RTD. This is the problem I have had with RZA (and others) using bands, instead of opening up his sound it confines it.
    As for myself: I had come to the conclusion that there was nothing sacred about myself or any human being, that we were all machines, doomed to collide and collide and collide.
    - Kurt Vonnegut

Are U aware I ban @ will? MASTER PAI MEI's Avatar

Miracle is awful. Plain shit

Daughter of a Preacher Man sounds like RZA trying to satify his friend Quentin Tarantino.

Those 2 tracks are fucking disgraceful.

Still listening maybe they will grow on me like a wart. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by the hound View Post
    abt is the aoty?

Abt shits on say, ptsd?

ptsd>abt

SHAOLIN STUDENT

I listened to the album yesterday and i do think, it's average. Nothing great there, just a producer who is trying to become an artist and some tired mcs who were there to be there. They just rap to rap. So I tell them, stop this shit now, you r done !
    I am tired of hip hop right now, so I leave. I am tired of 2000's music that is wack as Lady caca artistic talent. Dope hip hop albums, this year ? Is it a fucking joke ? For me hip hop is fucking dead. Like music too. I will go and listen to real music. Music from the 50s, 60s, 70s and certainly classic music. Certainly hip hop from 80s and 90S.
    Adios muchachos.

Corny Nuh! Capitalizing Cilvaringz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI View Post
    Miracle is awful. Plain shit

Daughter of a Preacher Man sounds like RZA trying to satify his friend Quentin Tarantino.

Those 2 tracks are fucking disgraceful.

Still listening maybe they will grow on me like a wart. LOL
    Miracle awful? wtf

It's incredible to see the opinions on songs and the album, it's not even cohesive, each opinion is so different that you can't pin it down anymore. The reviews as well, it's either a horrible album or a great album, not even a grey area.

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BRASSKNUCKLED PAI MEI View Post
    ptsd>abt
    Damn, man, this is why I love you, you never disappoint.

Quote Originally Posted by CashRules View Post
    Ok there are so many better albums than ABT Wu fell off its a terrible album and so many other rappers have released much better albums this year. Wu-Tang Fornever, do the other supreme albums makers have forums you guys could join? If so do it, why bitch on a Wu site.

Run the jewels 2 is way over-rated
    The butthurt is strong in this one.

I've been here for a long time and I will always consider myself a WuTang fan. Your forum name is a better
    Wu-tang song than all of ABT.

Let us be serious here for a moment. 1st problem: the wu ain't hungry no mo, 2nd: the wu don't work together in studio anymore, making it impossible to make cohesive, on topic songs (sure, even forever had songs like impossible, that had three unconnected verses, but at least that song had dope verses), 3rd: it was better when they followed RZA 100%, but RZA lost it and some egos are too big

The results you can hear now on ABT. It is not wu, its a rza project with too many lame verses and lame hooks.
    bring back begongo!!

Platypi on the swarm!! RUSHING PLATYPUS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    Miracle awful? wtf

It's incredible to see the opinions on songs and the album, it's not even cohesive, each opinion is so different that you can't pin it down anymore. The reviews as well, it's either a horrible album or a great album, not even a grey area.
    I get it. Nathaniel's hook is cringe worthy. However, the rest or the track is dope as hell. I can see how that intro/hook would ruin the track for some. I think the album is very dope, but would be much better without Nathaniel. Only song that was totally ruined by his presence is Keep Watch imo. Ron O'neal and Miracle are both good songs despite Nathaniel imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Cilvaringz View Post
    Miracle awful? wtf

Understood.

I just cant vibe with the chorus of Miracle. It sounds so disney to me. I feel like its a take on Frozen or some shit. Just my opinion. I aint knocking those who like it. I just cant get into it I listened to it back to back all morning during my commute hoping I can get past the chorus, it didnt happen. Instead I was upset they placed that chorus between every verse.

Miracle's chorus on first listen was a huge WTF.. but after listening to it so many times. It is a fucking work of art. I get hypnotized by that track and to me the chorus does make it better.

Quote Originally Posted by JZA/Jordon View Post
    Miracle's chorus on first listen was a huge WTF.. but after listening to it so many times. It is a fucking work of art. I get hypnotized by that track and to me the chorus does make it better.

Trust me im one of the biggest Wu fans.

I will listen again and again. Hopefully it grows on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Illmatic Hispanic View Post
    it's the horns on preachers daughter that makes it unlistenable IMO.. it starts off good than the cornyass horns go in.
    The horns are why I like that track so much.

I never seen more mixed feelings towards an album in my life

Please
    Does anyone is able to make an another version of miracle?
    Like someone did it with keep watch

We really want miracle without nathaniel.

Nathaniel ruins ABT , its shame , without him this album should be almost a classic

Familly reunion iis useless , chorus is also a garbage, i prefer execution in automn instead of

Great Album..RZA has grown, Wu was always his baby, hes the Abbot afterall.. He wanted to leave a mark, he knows he has a responsibility ..The first album he bought the ruckus and mostly darkness ,he learned lots and has grown, he now bringing more light, more hope,Negativity is always easier to spit about..Dudes in the hood be kinda childish sometimes and fronting, too self conscious to show some heart or light, always wantin to look tough, thats understandable in day to day life living in the hood, but as men who mostly own their own houses out of the hood, have good career , jobs, money, they need to show the kids that its possible to get the hell outta that shit too!!..RZA made sure RAE and Ghost especially weren't gonna speak too much of that shit on this album,He wanted to leave a positive message for the youths of today... I'm with that!!! How many grown, adult mainstream rappers be doing this at present?? Not many! It goes to show what kind of mindstate the industries got alot of stuck in, we just happy with being superficial, moody and negative!
    And RZA is the creator of the wu sound, he always had a vision to orchestrate his own music.. He's grown, he would rather people sample his music than he keep paying for samples,hes a visionary, a pioneer he wanted the group to show growth.. The message on this album is important.. The music is interesting, creative, give it time and it may grow on you..Imagine more of those sick wu beats in true live style such as on this album!!
    It could have always been a better album or worst..But I think it is what it is, I'm enjoying listening to this, its got a new kind of energy to it, I wana hear more of these new RZA type Wu Albums... Time to move on, let ears open up to new possibilities, and not stay still and stagnated. I was happy To hear all of them on mostly top form..
    If you don't like this album, fair enough, but it may just show you haven't grown, haven't moved on in some ways too!! (Yes i wish there was more darker wu beats on this too such as 'Pioneer the frontier' , but I can go dig those up from the past) I especially hope RZA work with Meth, U-GOD, MK, and GZA with this new sound their flows seem to sit perfect on this live shit!! Peace
    Last edited by blaksteez; 12-03-2014 at 01:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow Daene View Post
    cool

keep us updated
    lmao

nice one

tbh this new album is so good I'm giving 8D a few more tries this week to see if I can get into the whole album more now, instead of just liking parts of it.

You enjoying the new album too?

Peace.
    Last edited by Rev Jones; 12-03-2014 at 02:16 PM.
    Retired.