Page 3 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: [Album Stream] WU-TANG CLAN "A BETTER TOMORROW"

Fearless Vampire Killer UNCLE RUCKUS's Avatar

mistaken identity is good too crushed egos was cool overall not too sure tho

That Preachers Daughter shit is not making it to the ipod. The rest of it is dope though.

Miracle is genius with that Disney-esque chorus and atmospheric beat.

album leaked..

FRESH FISH

I just did the knowledge to the new Wu's "A Better Tomorrow" and after my first listen, my verdict is that it's a damn good album! Is it the best Wu Tang album ever conceived? Emphatically Now Cipher! B.U.T. it's definitely a strong product that adds on positively to the foundation. The only thing that I would switch up a bit is less Cappadonna and more MASTA KILLA! Live instrumentation fits the God perfectly. Meth, Deck, and U-God as well. I would give it a 8 out of 10. It should absolutely be supported. And with all of the strife within their house it's a "Miracle" that they can still put out something like this and make knowledge BORN!

This is the album that a group of grown men should make. Lyrics, Wisdom, Flow, Great Music, and Universal Inspiration. Like it or not, The Wu Tang Clan grew the fuck up!!!

and yo!

I WANT A NEW MASTA KILLA ALBUM RIGHT NOW!

Shaolin Master

I think cohesion among members is the absolute strenght of this album. Regardless of my overall opinion, I think that the members sound most 'together' on this project since 36 chambers.. im talking shame on a nigga cohesion.

After first listen:

Cohesion and lyrics are lacking throughout the album.

Cappa sucks on most tracks lyrically. I get excited when he comes on the track and then disappoints, with the exception of preachers daughter.

Raekwon saved the album. Not just by spitting with a great flow, and bringing his rhymes and energy but also because He is the reason why there are tracks like Necklace. He probably heard what was going in and said, this shit is corny, I'm not getting on it until we get some hard shit on here.

Ghostface sounds like Ghostface. Everything expected of him happened.

U-God struggled a bit. Not a better performance than 8 diagrams. He did kill Mistaken Identity.

Deck was good overall. The rhymes on Ruckus in B minor pissed me off with the tv show references. Good flow on the track though, and on most tracks.

Masta Killa impressed me the most after Raekwon. He sounds mysterious and his flow goes well on all of his appearances.

Method Man had great flows as usual, and not so stellar lines.

GZA put me to sleep. His best effort was Keep Wartch, but his rhymes sound lame. Space references the entire album made me feel like he readmhisnrhymes for dark matter and put them on here.

RZA had a lot of energy, and laced that joint with him and Raekwon. A lot of shouting and narrating seemed corny at times.

The beats were on and off. But for the most part very damn good. The live drums I have never been a fan of. Most of these beats remind me of the Legendary Weapons or the chambers album. 4th Disciple has two of my favorite beats on here. Mathematics also. RZA did well, but Cohesion was not there.

I didn't hate this project, but it could have been more special if they all made this album together and came up with great hooks, and songs.

aka The Chaotica SHEEPISH LORD OF CHAOS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sickdog View Post
    album leaked..
    it did

crappadonna

Yea why does RZA insist on using that high pitch scream in his raps

This album also showed me that RZA still has it as a producer
    I'm the Greatest Scientifically Inclined Mind Since Einstein!!!!

Fearless Vampire Killer UNCLE RUCKUS's Avatar

Felt was strange on first listen 40 st whatever was a train wreck actually keep watch is good

Golden Child Shaolin Bloody Sword's Avatar

Wu-Tang Reunion and Preacher's daughter should not have made the album. The lyrics and flow on 40th street are pretty good but the beat is boring. Nathaniel shouldn't have been on the album. This is my complain about the album. Im feeling about 10/15 tracks.

Banned

I'm up to Hold The Heater so far and I'm feeling it..but is Cappadonna seriously on every fucking track??
    Posts by The Hound are signed TH.

Quoting ≠ Agreement.

Streetlife > Cappadonna

Golden Child Shaolin Bloody Sword's Avatar

RZA should have made a track with that beat on the intro of "Pioneer Frontier". Damn ! It sounds like "Holocaust" on the Bobby Digital album. What a waste of a dope beat

Does anybody got Ron O'Neal in 320kbps?

"I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth" (Rev. 3:15-16)