Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Star Wars VII : The Force Awakens

Sorry dude. Actually I read that Solo dies in this one at least a year ago, so its not a big spoiler.

Terry Cloth Rudolph Joint Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar

Just seen this. *Spoilers*...

Quote Originally Posted by HANZO View Post

My thoughts on the movie. The only reason this is getting rave reviews is because of nostalgia. The plot is similar to Episode 4 actually its pretty much the fucking same.
    ^Yeah, I came out of this thinking I just watched a HD remake of of the first film, the plot is almost identical!

I didn't like the main bad guy, up to a point its like yeah his ok, then he turns into a disgruntled youth. The part which got to me the most was how the main girl without Jedi training was already at master level.
    ^Yeah same here, he was badass until he took his mask off, and then looks like just some Wu-Chamber poster. Was a bit dumb that he went from stopping laser blasts in mid air, to not being able to beat the two new characters in a light sabre battle, when they'd not even picked up a sabre before.

7/10 movie for me, I think the problem is with this type of film is when you reference the original movies so much, it makes it harder for the newer characters to make an impact. I honestly couldn't have cared if the new guy made it to the end of the film or not, however I enjoyed the new female character. I hope there is a more original story with the next film, and that it's not just a remake of the 2nd film in the original trilogy.

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

Is C-3PO in this?

Saw this today.

Spoilers****

My thoughts on the movie. The only reason this is getting rave reviews is because of nostalgia. The plot is similar to Episode 4 actually its pretty much the fucking same.

Its a decent movie, i can say its better than the prequels but that isn't saying much. I didn't like the main bad guy, up to a point its like yeah his ok, then he turns into a disgruntled youth. The part which got to me the most was how the main girl without Jedi training was already at master level.

The action and effects are great, seeing the old characters brings a lot of nostalgia and it is a good thing, i mean in the movie theatre people were cheering when the old characters appeared. It was also the most packed i had seen a movie theatre, couldn't fucking breathe in there.

The thing with star wars is that its a great cinema experience the visuals, the sound its all very epic. The movie has its flaws, its cheesy from time to time, I just wish it could of had a different darker plot.
    Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    Good movie. Infinitely better than any of the prequels, which are about the most frustrating movies you could watch.

Han Solo dying totally blows though it does make you really hate the villain. I think this sets up the trilogy pretty well.
    Co-sign

I'd rank them 5, 4, 6, 7, 3, 2 and 1 from best to worst. I enjoyed 7 but there was too much referencing to the original trilogy. there was a good mix of character moments, action and humor. I liked the movie and I see 8 being better than 7 the way all of the action for the next installment is set up

*SPOILERS*

the new Death Star idea was very uncreative. so was the subsequent attack by the Rebellion. the best part of the movie was the beginning

the pace was high, which was entertaining enough but it makes you accept a lot of things 'as they are'. the first order knows where most of the rebellion is located easily and without any explanation is just one example

the rogue Stormtrooper idea was very much to my liking

the new actors did well, especially the heroes
    Retired.

3 was okay imo cuz they really made an effort in tying both trilogies together. the movie is also darker in tone than 1 & 2. you might enjoy 3

to me it seemed 1 was aimed at kids and only kids. can't say business wise that wasn't a smart move. you're bringing a whole new demographic into a trilogy, it's gonna pay off big bucks. as a movie it was awful
    Retired.

I haven't seen some of the ones between 1-3. I remember liking that jar jar guy. How many of them is he in?

haha jar jar. his presence in 2 was much smaller than in 1, and he had only one line in part 3

here's a deleted jar jar death scene at the end of 1

Last edited by Rev Jones; 12-30-2015 at 07:19 PM.
    Retired.

1 & 2 have a lot of cool scenes but they don't really hang well together as movies. 3 was much better because it felt like an important story to tell, and you got to see the backstory of characters from the original trilogy.

The Force Awakens is fantastic. I think Abrams had a tough job, if he tried to deviate too much from what Star Wars is then everybody would complain so he made the right decision to stick to the classic story. History repeats itself anyway.

I hope Billy Dee and Yoda are in 8 or 9.

Terry Cloth Rudolph Joint Sky Blue Bally Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    I haven't seen some of the ones between 1-3. I remember liking that jar jar guy. How many of them is he in?
    Anyone read that fan theory about Jar Jar a while back? Theory was that Jar Jar was really a Sith lord and it would be revealed in a later film, but the character had such a bad reception that George Lucas scrapped the idea. There's a vid explaining it here...

When I'm writing in my room

It's like a child that's fighting in the womb

- KP -

Jar Jar >> Kevin Hart

The only reason this is getting rave reviews is because of nostalgia. .
    I agree

Its a decent movie.
    Yeah, It was ok

i can say its better than the prequels but that isn't saying much
    agreed

I didn't like the main bad guy, up to a point its like yeah his ok.
    He was dope @ the start. IMO they got him right (Especially @ the start -Mid way through the movie) + The are trying to develop the character (Which I'm cool with).

The part which got to me the most was how the main girl without Jedi training was already at master level..
    As soon as I realized she would be the next Jedi, the movie/trilogy went downhill for me.

The action and effects are great.
    Yes

seeing the old characters brings a lot of nostalgia and it is a good thing.
    Its not a good thing IMO......Only Harrison Ford should have been in it. Carrie Fishers acting was not really good TBH.

I just wish it could of had a different darker plot.
    Definitely !

You could tell Disney was in charge (It was subtle but it was there).

Quote Originally Posted by ShaDynasty View Post
    .Han Solo dying totally blows though
    Yes !

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Blue Bally Kid View Post
    Was a bit dumb that he went from stopping laser blasts in mid air
    Yeah.....Dude was dope @ the start (Especially with that entrance)

7/10 movie for me
    Exactly what I rated it, after I left the cinema.

however I enjoyed the new female character

She was cool, flying the "Falcon". But as soon as she was revealed as the next Jedi, I was like nah son !

Jar Jar was really a Sith lord
    Ahahahhahahahhahah

Quote Originally Posted by check two View Post
    Jar Jar >> Kevin Hart

lol

Anyone >>>>>>>>>> Kevin Hart

lol

Edit: What was up with that supreme commander dude..... he looked wack !

Hello, everybody! DR. NICK RIVIERA's Avatar

Good movie. They had to go safe with this, since the prequels sucked and so they made somehow a retelling of the og sw, which is fine. There will be 4 new sw movies in the next 4 years, so we will get more original content there.

The main villain and the humour are the highlights of the movie. This is the most complex villain since Watchmen and he is on a path to be badass, I believe.
    bring back begongo!!

I saw this morning that George Lucas was panning this movie. I wasn't paying too much attention ( I hadn't seen the movie yet and didn't want to be spoiled). IIRC he was saying how they (Disney) wanted to make a retro movie + how he gave them this franchise and they seem to muck it up.

it's cuz Disney didn't go with the scripts Lucas had penned for the overarching 9 movie storyline
    Retired.